OGIONIK

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:23 pm
jeez, u hate pitbulls more than i hate police ;D
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:25 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
its not retard.

they are bred specifically NOT to attack humans.

You got the wrong dog it seems...

A big problem with the dogs is that people who dont know how to breed them, breed them anyway.

leading to inferior and not even true pitbulls.
"real" pitbulls are bred not to attack people. plain and simple.

You are just stupid enough to believe that, dumbass.

Explain all the articles I just posted if your theory is true, genius.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:26 pm
some issues i want to address.

Out of the pitbull attacks how many of the dogs were..
Male?
Female?
Spayed/neutered?
properly taken care of?
Bred properly?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:29 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
some issues i want to address.

Out of the pitbull attacks how many of the dogs were..
Male?
Female?
Spayed/neutered?
properly taken care of?
Bred properly?

Don't know ... don't care.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:29 pm
answer those and ill take you seriously.

Do you know the difference between

american pitbull terriers?
Staffordshire terriers?
american bulldogs?
American staffordshire terriers?
Pitbull terriers?
Bulldogs?
Mastiffs?
french mastiffs?

which of those are you against?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:30 pm
dont know dont care?

EXACTLY!

please stop with the incoherent prejudice you dont know a thing about...

if you or someone u know got attacked, blame the damn dog's owner for christs sake.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:32 pm
english mastiffs?

then we can go into the terrier breeds...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:34 pm
OGIONIK wrote:

I don't care. I've never taken you seriously, and I couldn't care less if you offer me the same accomodation.

Quote:

Staffordshire terriers?
american bulldogs?
Pitbull terriers?
Bulldogs?
Mastiffs?
french mastiffs?

I'm on record -- if not this thread, in some other thread here at A2K -- with my endorsement of the Denver City Ordinance relative to pit bulls, which bans the American Staffordshire terrier, the American Pit Bull Terrier, and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, along with "any dog displaying the majority of physical traits of any one or more of those breeds."
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:38 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
dont know dont care?

EXACTLY!

please stop with the incoherent prejudice you dont know a thing about...

if you or someone u know got attacked, blame the damn dog's owner for christs sake.

I have read more about this issue than you will ever. I'm well aware of the issues.

The fact that you have questions about whether the damn dog is neutered, or male, or whatever, is testament that the breed is dangerous. I could care less about the specifics. If the breed were killed out tomorrow, I would rejoice.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:39 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:

I don't care. I've never taken you seriously, and I couldn't care less if you offer me the same accomodation.

Quote:

Staffordshire terriers?
american bulldogs?
Pitbull terriers?
Bulldogs?
Mastiffs?
french mastiffs?

I'm on record -- if not this thread, in some other thread here at A2K -- with my endorsement of the Denver City Ordinance relative to pit bulls, which bans the American Staffordshire terrier, the American Pit Bull Terrier, and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, along with "any dog displaying the majority of physical traits of any one or more of those breeds."

right on. your entitled to your opinion.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:40 pm
i hope whoever you know that got attacked wasn't hurt badly.

hopefully the owner of the dog received appropriate punishment.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:45 pm
OGIONIK wrote:

OGIONIK wrote:
i hope whoever you know that got attacked wasn't hurt badly.

hopefully the owner of the dog received appropriate punishment.

I've never been attacked, nor has anyone I know very well.

But earlier in this thread I explained to McT a scenario where I prosecuted a case where a small boy riding his bike was attacked by a pit. Nobody wanted to claim ownership of the dog. Boy was out riding his bike in front of his house, and was attacked, knocked off his bike, and his face ripped off from his ear to his chin.

Now I ask you: who or what is to blame for this attack?

I blame the dog.

Who do you blame?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 11:03 pm
the owner.. duh.

Its to bad people dont take responsiblity for their actions, isnt it.

first thing, the dog was outside, off a leash.

im tellin you, if people were responsible **** like that wouldnt happen.

The other day, an american pitbull/mastiff mix dog attacked my dog at the dog park, my dog was on its leash but my mom was holding her so i could chase down our "runt" pitbull/labrador mix.

i pick up the dog, turn around and see this bulldog walk up to my dog and start attacking it.

i rush over, the owner was standing right there, i was 20 feet away.

he told me not to touch his dog or it might bite me. i still had to pull his dog off of mine, she was just crying. then he got mad, and said "you dog sucks, it cant fight"

(i cant even explain how hard i restrained myself from hitting that POS in the face with my breakstick)

Doesnt that seem a little strange? having a dog you know is aggressive off a leash around myriad other dogs?

On the way out the dog started a fight with a black lab and a golden retriever mixed looking dog.

-some people enjoy having violent dogs, and seeing their dogs attack things.

-Some people care about dogs, and do their utmost to train them and raise them properly

-some people just dont know squat and they get "cool" dogs without knowing a damn thing about them.

Ive had dogs my whole life, when i was 16 i started becoming an "enthusiast".

i liked rottweilers and mastiffs mainly..

i found my dog running the streets, i never cared for them (pitbulls) to be honest, until i raised one myself. Now its the only breed im interested in. the prejudice, the violence.

the horror.

the sadness.

seeing dogs mutilated. abused, neglected,tortured.

finding out your good friend from high school is now fighting them...

the joy in knowing when i get home i have a 90 pound lapdog waiting for me. a dog that would gladly sacrifice her own life to protect me. a dog whos favorite thing is to catch tennis balls non stop for hours (and never give them back). a dog who bit my cat once, and when i smacked the **** out of her she looked at me like "OW! that HURTS!"

and never got aggressive towards any animal again.

theres something special about pitbulls my friend. whether you see them as good or bad i cant help that.

you see what you see.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 11:11 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
the owner.. duh.

What owner? What did the owner do to make this dog attack that young boy? And how would you have a clue one way or the other?

There is no evidence that pit was mistreated, or trained to attack anything.

Like many pits, it just attacked ... unprovoked.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 11:14 pm
theres no evidence to the opposite either.

so you know for sure the dog was raised properly?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 11:15 pm
ok i have to say this. there is evidence the dog wasn't raised properly.

the FACT THAT IT ATTACKED SOMEBODY.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 11:16 pm
quick question..

what experience do you have with dogs? in person?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:36 am
A 1994 study investigating the reasons and commonalities among the 585,000 average annual dog bite incidents revealed that Chow Chows and German Shepherds, not pit bulls, were frequent biters. Though this stat does not absolve pit bulls from the criticism they receive, it shows that their breed is not the only one with an aggressive streak. The essence of this often-conflicting information is that pit bulls are not the only breed of dog that shows a tendency to attack. In fact, there are over a dozen breeds that frequently show up in analyses as having attacked humans.

These numbers are often distorted by the media, which sensationalizes the pit bull's tendency to be aggressive. As a result, people generally fear that this dog will attack humans. A study conducted by the American Temperament Test Society simply rejects this notion. In December of 2003, a temperament test was given to dog breeds around the country, and a score was given based on the proportion of the animals that passed over the animals that failed. The final results gave the American Pit Bull Terrier a passing rate of 83.9%, which was slightly better than that of the "docile" Golden Retriever -- 83.2%.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:19 am
OGIONIK wrote:
quick question..

what experience do you have with dogs? in person?

I've owned dogs for longer than you've been alive.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 07:38 pm
A study conducted by the American Temperament Test Society simply rejects this notion. In December of 2003, a temperament test was given to dog breeds around the country, and a score was given based on the proportion of the animals that passed over the animals that failed. The final results gave the American Pit Bull Terrier a passing rate of 83.9%, which was slightly better than that of the "docile" Golden Retriever -- 83.2%.

what do you have to say about that? id really like your opinion of it.
0 Replies