bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 03:48 pm
I've been around a lot of pit bulls. The very few 'bad' ones I knew were owned by jackasses.

Doberman's and Rottweilers scare me more. Collies bite more than pit bulls.
Ragman

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 03:50 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Multiple pitbulls walking loose in Detroit near a child or elderly? What can possibly go wrong?

However, a well-trained pitbull in the right setting is one of the most affectionate loyal dogs.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 03:56 pm
My sister's Chow dogs scared me pretty badly. Brutus was semi OK, but Annie had brain damage.

Funny you don't here much of pit bull dog packs. Its always the biker neighbor's or weird uncle's bulls.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 10:06 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Collies bite more than pit bulls.

Collies? When's the last time you heard about a vicious Collie attack killing a toddler?

As Edgar said earlier, you're talking bites, we're talking maiming and deaths.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 11:08 pm
@Ticomaya,
check back
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 12:52 pm
9-year old boy killed by his sister's pit bulls.

"He loved them, he laid in the bed with them. He played with them. He wanted one of their puppies," ...

Quote:
‘I Failed Him’: Boy Killed When Left Alone with Sister’s Dogs
Posted 3:22 PM, January 4, 2016, by Doug Johnson

EAST LINDA--

When she left him alone in her trailer home with three of her pit bulls to go to work, Alexandria Griffin-Heady said she failed her half-brother 9-year-old Tyler Trammell-Huston.

"I failed him, whether it's my fault, my dogs' fault, whoever's fault. I wanted to protect him, and I wanted to give him an amazing life," Griffin-Heady told FOX40.

Later that morning, Tyler was attacked by those dogs. Griffin-Heady said she never thought that would happen.

"He loved them, he laid in the bed with them. He played with them. He wanted one of their puppies," Griffin-Heady said.

"She returned to that residence approximately three hours later, discovered him unresponsive with significant wounds," said Yuba County Sheriff Steven Durfor who added Griffin-Heady called 911, but Tyler was pronounced dead at the hospital.

"I'm guessing he got up to go to the bathroom or got up to get up, he tried to leave and from there I don't know," said Griffin-Heady.

Griffin-Heady said her half brother was staying with her over the weekend, but lived with a foster family in Elk Grove. However Griffin-Heady had plans to take Tyler out of the foster system.

"His only wish for Christmas was to have a mom, I so badly wanted to be that person for him," Griffin-Heady told FOX40.

"Certainly as we continue the investigation, we will vet out any appropriate criminal charges and make the appropriate filling to the da's office," Durfor told FOX40.

Meanwhile Sheriff Durfor said before Sunday there were no other calls to that home for problems with those dogs. Durfor adds more than likely all 3 pit bulls will be put down as a result of this attack.

"At two of the three it's been mentioned to me, that had clear indications of blood on the muzzle," Durfor said.

Griffin-Heady told FOX40 she understands why that has to happen and as much as she loves her dogs, her brother was so much more important.

"He'll never get to drive a car. He'll never get to have a first kiss. He'll never get to graduate. He wanted to be a zookeeper you know, he loved animals. And it kills me he'll never get any of those," Griffin-Heady said.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 05:18 pm
Another very sad story.

"American Staffordshire terrier" = pit bull

Quote:
Pet dog fatally mauls 3-day-old baby
Associated Press
5:22 PM, Apr 22, 2016

SAN DIEGO (AP) — A 3-day-old boy was mauled to death by the family dog while they were in bed with the child's parents, police said Friday.

The parents were in bed watching TV with their newborn son and dog Thursday night when the mother coughed. The coughing startled the dog and it unexpectedly bit the baby, Sgt. Tu Nguyen said.

He said the parents pulled the animal off and took their only child to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

"At this time, we're looking at this as nothing more than a tragic incident," said Nguyen, a member of the child abuse unit.

An autopsy is underway to determine the cause of death.

Animal control officers took the 2-year-old dog, a neutered male American Staffordshire terrier-mix named Polo, into custody, said Dan DeSousa, deputy director of the county Department of Animal Services. The dog will be held in quarantine for 10 days to determine whether it has rabies.

It will be up to the owners to decide whether to reclaim the dog, DeSousa said.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 06:36 pm
@Ticomaya,
I think in this case it's the parents who are nuts and something doesn't add up here. IF they were all in bed watching TV, how can the dog kill the baby when they're right there? I assume they left the baby in bed with the dog next to it and since it was only 3 days old, the dog hadn't gotten used to the baby yet.

Not that I would want such a dog in my house, they're dangerous, but people are equally dangerous to themselves.
chai2

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 07:15 pm
@CalamityJane,
An animal can move very quickly, and if you're not expecting it, could have bitten the infant before they had time to react. It wouldn't have taken much to kill a newborn, if bit on the head.

I don't know, how does someone dog quickly move in and take some popcorn or something else you're eating, when you're "right there"?

0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 06:56 pm
Why would you allow any of these monsters to get anywhere near your kids?

And how can anyone still harbor any belief that this breed of dogs is not inherently dangerous? It doesn't matter how they were raised. Pit bulls who are "family pets" can flip a switch and kill.

Quote:
Father heartbroken after 2-year-old attacked, killed by 2 dogs

TOPEKA, Kan (WIBW) -- Around 8 p.m. Saturday night, police in Topeka, Kansas responded to a house after a 911 call that a two-year-old was missing.

"We looked everywhere, I screamed her name so loud,” said Piper Dunbar’s father, Donnie Dunbar. “Can’t believe that quick, the most precious thing on earth can be taken away from you."

Police began searching the area and found Piper dead in her front yard underneath a tarp. Dunbar said he and Piper fell asleep earlier that evening and that he was unaware of what was happening.

"She figured out how to open a child safety lock with her fingers,” said Dunbar. “She could turn the knob and open a dead bolt that’s on the back door, she was so smart."

Throughout the course of their investigation, police say they obtained enough information to believe Piper had been the victim of an animal attack. Animal control responded to the scene and seized two pit bulls that Dunbar says belonged to Margaret Jaramillo, a family friend who had been staying with Dunbar to help take care of Piper since he is a single father. Jaramillo said she was running errands during the attack and made the 911 call as soon as she realized Piper was gone.

"I saw her from the distance. They wouldn't let us close to see her, from what I understand, they think her injuries were caused by the dogs,” said Jaramillo.

Jaramillo said the two dogs were in the backyard and doesn’t know how they made their way to the front where Piper was. Police are continuing to investigate the case, but both Jaramillo and Dunbar are torn by the loss of Piper.

"She just loved attention and loved to be hugged,” said Jaramillo.

Dunbar and Jaramillo were taken to police headquarters and interviewed by Topeka police.

TPD Detective Brian Wheeleus says the police investigation will be submitted to the Shawnee County District Attorney's office.

http://i.imgur.com/tZGZJOM.jpg
farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 01:27 pm
@Ticomaya,
we had a pitbull "ttack" at our farm just this summer. It wasnt s tragic as those you report but we lost about 6 wonderful laying hens.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 08:03 am
Quote:
Dog mauls owners after they tried to put sweater on him
Dog stabbed, shot, tazed and tranquilized
WFTS Webteam, Michael Paluska
2:51 PM, Dec 30, 2016
9:07 PM, Dec 31, 2016

TAMPA, Fla. (WFTS) -

Three people were injured after police said their dog attacked them when they tried to dress him in a sweater.

According to Tampa Police, a pit bull mix named Scarface bit its owner and two other family members at a home in Tampa on Friday afternoon.

Tampa Police said 52-year-old Brenda Guerrero tried to put a sweater on the dog when he attacked. Her husband, 46-year-old Ismael Guerrero, attempted to pull Scarface off his wife when the dog began attacking him.

Police said the couple's son, 22-year-old Antoine Harris, then got a knife and stabbed the dog in the head and neck to try to stop the attack. The dog then began attacking Harris. All three were able to escape into the house, leaving the dog in the backyard.

"Officers responding said the dog was pretty aggressive," Eddy Durkin with Tampa Police said. "When they tazed the dog the dog was still pulling away and was able to release the prongs from the tazer."

When Animal Control and Tampa Police arrived to the home, the dog was shot with a tranquilizer gun. After the dog got into the house, where there were two children in the back room, officers deployed a bean bag gun and taser to subdue the dog. Eventually, the dog was captured by Animal Control by using a "catch pole."

Brenda and Ismael Guerrero were both taken to a hospital to be treated for their injuries. Brenda Guerrero's injuries are believed to be serious, though not life threatening.

Neighbors said the family just got the dog about a month ago. They said at times Scarface would get out of the yard and run through the neighborhood.

"You got kids here, kids there, and if that dog gets out the gate it could be dangerous to a kid," Joe Montgomery said. "But he never attacked no one on the street as far as I know."

At this point, it is unclear what will happen to Scarface.

http://i.imgur.com/yF6ffb3.jpg
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 08:26 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Collies don´t kill people. There actually are legitimate uses for pits but those uses do not involve keeping them in urban or suburban areas and for sure do not involve keeping them around children.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2017 07:21 am
Quote:
Police in rural Virginia have released disturbing details about a woman who they say was killed by her two dogs while taking them for a walk last week.

Four days after Bethany Stephens, 22, was found, police held a second press conference to describe her death and refute rumours of foul play.

When deputies found the dogs on Friday they were guarding what police at first thought was an animal carcass.

But the body was Stephens's, and police say the pit bulls were eating her.

Warning: Some people may find the details below upsetting

"I observed, as well as four other deputy sheriffs observed," Goochland County Sheriff Jim Agnew said, "the dogs eating the rib cage on the body".

"The first traumatic injury to her was to her throat and face," he said.

"It appears she was taken to the ground, lost consciousness, and the dogs then mauled her to death," he added, pausing several times.

Sheriff Agnew said in Monday's press conference that he did not want to initially release the graphic detail, out of concern for the victim's family.

But after rumours began to swirl in the small town 30 miles (48km) outside Richmond, Virginia - and the sheriff was inundated with calls from concerned citizens - he chose to release the information in order to assure the public that there was not a killer on the loose.

Friends had questioned what would have led the pit bulls to kill their owner who had raised them since they were puppies.

One friend told local media that the dogs were gentle. "They'd kill you with kisses," Barbara Norris told WWBT News.

The two dogs - who have since been put down with the family's permission - together weighed twice as much as Stephens, who authorities described as "petite" and weighing 100lbs (45kg).

The dogs, named Tonka and Pacman, were found by Stephens's father after he went looking for her in a wooded area on Friday, one day after she disappeared.

"Ms Stephens was terribly, terribly injured, but it was very apparent to us that she had been dead for quite some time," Sheriff Agnew told reporters, adding that her bloody clothes were scattered around her corpse.

He added that her body was so badly mauled, and her injuries were "so extensive that there was nothing left to compare bite marks to".

Authorities say the bite marks on her head match those of the dogs, and that they were not consistent with any other type of wild animal such as a bear.

The dogs' bodies have been preserved for a post-mortem examination.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42418090
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 14 May, 2019 01:44 pm
We had a tragic incident happen a few days ago at a local shelter.

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/opinion/editorials/2019/05/13/humane-society-dog-attack-could-happen-again/1187012001/?fbclid=IwAR3IDDMME2jWD6uOVdXoDmu97JxBFxIOxqOWhgUcdpfRnZIOPBWr1dwt_Cs
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 04:40 am
@Rain-Able,
why is it that Pit Bulls seem to account for the most number of unprovoked attacks and fatalities on kids?? It used to be German Shephards were the most aggressive.

I had to shoot a pit bull a few years ago when it broke loose from its kennel and wandered our way and attacked 10 of our neighbors dairy goat herd. It killed 6 and when I got there it had my neighbor and his wife in a corner of a pasture fence. My neighbor was holding it at bay with a hay fork. I had to unload 4, '45 cal shots at this damned thing before it stopped its attack. The police, when they arrived stated that the owner had several other complaints against his Staffordshire/Pit Bulls kennel.

No reason, just unprovoked aggression by the dogs. Weve since begun an ordinance against certain breeds known for aggression and used for dog fighting. Tosa Innuse, Dogos, Pit Bulls, tc
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 10:57 pm
Walking to the mailbox today, there was a couple walking a pit bull without a leash. I was across the street, about 30 yards behind. The dog turned in my direction and was preparing to come at me. The male of the couple was quick enough to recognize the aggression and quickly put him on a leash. The rest of the way, the dog kept testing the leash while repeatedly looking at me. I have no doubt I would have been bitten at the least if the owner had not controlled it.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 02:21 am
@edgarblythe,
I wish people would walk their dogs on a leash........and I'm absolutely pixilated with the puppies and doggies
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2022 01:11 pm
Quote:
MONSTER MUTT Killer dog who mauled dad to death was previously involved in two terrifying street attacks

Stuart Patterson
28 Oct 2022

A MANIAC bulldog was involved in two terrifying street attacks before it killed a dad.

https://i.imgur.com/nLckVh8.jpg

Tragic kennel boss Adam Watts, 55, was trying to retrain the vicious XL Bully when it turned on him with tragic consequences.

Its previous owner Peter Fyfe, 48, has now been banned from keeping animals for five years over previous incidents involving the deadly dog.

In one the mutt took hold of a helpless Shih Tzu by the neck and tossed it around like a “rag doll”.

Before that it bit Amanda Williamson after she was forced to take urgent action to save her own pet from being killed.

Amanda, 42, from Dundee, said: “He should be barred for life from owning dogs.

“The bigger dog jumped over me to get to my dog. I punched it in the mouth.

“There’s no doubt that had that dog got hold of my puppy it would be dead.”

Fyfe, from Dundee, had the dog out in the city in June last year when it lunged for Amanda’s Bichon cross Yorkie called Coco.

She said she noticed it moments before the horrific incident and noticed that something wasn’t right with it.

Amanda added: “It looked very agitated.

“The person who was with it couldn’t handle it. I saw the dog pull him off his feet before it jumped.”

After she lashed out the raging canine repeatedly bit Amanda on the back of the leg.

She told the Dundee Courier: “I didn’t really feel pain. I was just shocked and stunned by what had happened.”

Nine days later the dog attacked pensioner Eunice Gow’s dog. The 83-year-old watched on in horror as it took Bobby by the neck and repeatedly shook him.

She couldn’t do anything and the attack only ended when a passerby jumped out of their car and violently intervened.

Eunice said: “Bobby was being thrown about like a rag doll and was screaming and yelping.

“I was in an awful state. A man came out and hit the dog with a stick.

“I think if we had been in another street, a quieter street, that dog would have killed Bobby.”

At Dundee Sheriff Court, Fyfe admitted to twice being in charge of an XL Bully that was dangerously out of control.

As well as the five-year ban on having a dog, beak George Way placed him under a curfew for 105 days.s

After the attacks the cops passed the animal to Adam Watts who had spent two decades rehabbing animals.

He was described as a “hero of the dog world” for the work he did at Juniper Kennels in Auchterhouse, outside Dundee in December last year.

But in December last year the bulldog turned on him and he died due to massive blood loss from extensive bites.
0 Replies