Are there any legit infomercials?

Linkat

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 11:28 am
The other day we are watching TV and a commercial comes on for directbuy. Sounds good to me and very logical - if you buy direct from the manufacturer you should save tons of money. Of course directbuy isn't going to give us a free membership and nor would I expect a company to do so - they need to make money too. However, the entire time of the commercial it makes no mention of how much it actually costs.

My husband and I thought this might be a good thing for us as we will be relocating and will need to buy some new big ticket items. I go online to their website - I can find some locations - good near where we live now and near where we will be moving, but what is the cost of membership? Can't find it any where, but can find tons of testimonials of how much all these people saved and stuff.

I did a google search and found another website about infomercial scams and this company had a slew of them. Seems they get you in and do the high pressure sales - membership seems to range from some where around $5k and above depending where you live and according to these individuals personal experiences - also whatever these people bought, they found it elsewhere at the same price without any additional costs of outrageous shipping.

So my question is - is there any really legit infomercials? I haven't seen a one yet. Any one have had a positive experience?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,046 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 05:24 pm
I have a friend who was in a Pilates infomercial. Dunno the particulars, though.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 05:26 pm
I think Slappy has a testimonial for Hukt On Foniks.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 03:30 pm
Drew Dad--

You're thinking of Om Sig David.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 03:35 pm
Slappy endorses it; Om Sig David lives it.
0 Replies