school shooting cut short, but not by metal detectors

hanno

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 09:32 am
Like I said, I'm not a gun person myself, when I had a job I should have had one for I held onto the cash. But I'm not the type either to say 'wow, what a horrible piece of plastic and metal' like the observation gives me the right (let alone the ability) to design a utopian society over top of someone else's constitutional rights or (easily justified by level of enfranchisement) interpretation thereof. So, in defense of moderation or abstinance when it comes to cashing in what other people like to do to make one's self feel big and ostensibly create a perfect world, here's a link to a recent account of a school shooting cut short by an armed student (wonder why it got no press in the US):

AP - 7 Die in Shooting at Jerusalem Seminary

and in way of bringing things completely full-circle:

nobody's right...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 706 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 07:59 pm
Violence
ither verbal or with WMD
is barbarism pure
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 03:30 pm
What could your point possibly be? When he got done saving his fellow students lives did the firearm owner go ape himself, steal some stuff and have his way with the women and children?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 05:24 pm
WMD
is non Gandhian way sir
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 11:27 pm
Ever heard of Jim Corbett? He killed the man-eating leopard of Rudraprayag in 1926. Did more good for India than Ghandi, several times over, against stiffer odds for less reward, with infinitely more alternatives available to him, and by shear force of physicality and will.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 11:25 am
Alright, nobody except Rama stepping up to the plate - and he's above discourse on the matter.

Anyway come on you lightweights - don't let a little evidence scare you. I mean, is Israel in some ways not a microcosm for us? They are fightin' folk in a way, got a lot of enemies, and on the whole they take national security more seriously, and civil liberties relatively less seriously than we do (that ought to work fer you populists)! And yet even with Big Brother doing his part free of pesky lobbyists in the way, someone still had to TCB for himself and his classmates...

Australia - it was a nation of pansies before the ban and it's a nation of pansies now. This on the other hand, like England with their continuing yet fruitless efforts to stem violent crime by making law-abiding citizens extra harmless, has something to do with us...
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 11:28 am
Anyone or any country resort to make use of voilence
for which ever justification is nasty, barbaric, unchrstian and inhuman
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 02:25 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
Anyone or any country resort to make use of voilence
for which ever justification is nasty, barbaric, unchrstian and inhuman

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Seriousely, is this from a german book of marxist poetry that you're just running through a translator and posting or do you have some idea what you're talking about? Unchristian? Good. Inhuman? What else have we done for most of our history - we're the wickedest species of ape. You've got some idea about what people should be that they ain't, congratulations, but I think the best place for it is up your corn-chute.

Do you think the defender should have just let AK-47-guy do his thing till he ran out of bullets? Would violence have been OK when the cops stopped the shooter on the way out of the building after he'd finished up? Or would it have been cool if all the worlds governments got together and took the guns away by force? Would that use of violence not be nasty?

You can't separate force from what we are - if you use your head you can be cool about it, have a society where everyone just keeps their own **** together, have channels in place somewhere short of throwing down - or you can just be a self righteous douche-bag about it like if your flowery ideas were legislated instead of some vestige of the will of the sons of liberty that this stuff like this wouldn't be happening.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 04:08 pm
"The brighter you are,
the more you have to learn."-- Don Herold
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 04:41 pm
Quote:
Seriousely, is this from a german book of marxist poetry that you're just running through a translator and posting or do you have some idea what you're talking about?

Maybe I'll take that as a signature line, someday.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 05:57 pm
Some one had told this to me

" If Lawyers are debarred and
Clergymen defrocked does not it follow that
Electricians can be delighted
Musicians denoted
Models deposed and
Drycleaners depressed?
0 Replies