Evolution in Education

farmerman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 11:17 am
Quote:
Hitler supported a fictitious Christianity, one that would approve of his evil deeds.

Like many, his constant attempts to twist Christianity ultimately failed; in his case destroying him and his country instead.

Nazism paid lip service to religion , but was functionally under an atheistic philosophy, imagining that man was answerable to no one but himself.

I see. I think Ill still keep chronicled history in mind rather than your hand-spun POV. Although I do agree that the "Hitler problem" does give your theology a bit of an ironic twist. Id suggest reading Mailers "A Castle in The Forest" to get some insites into Hitler's growth and development.

Im sure that many other CReationists give Christianity "lip service", without being mass murderers. If Hitler merely provided lip service, he did get a lot of people to accept his reasoning and they followed him to perdition. Do we still pardon them ?

Your POV is quite convenient, there is no implied responsibility for an evil god, or evil disciples. Mine requires more personal responsibility for every act .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 11:33 am
real life wrote:
Divorcing one sentence from it's context is all you can do to make your case, eh?

No sense of irony, huh? Can you say hypocrite? That is exactly the method you favor so much yourself--now you whine when it is applied to you.

Quote:
The entire line of discussion was religion.

So, you should have been more careful than to make a global statement about teachers being truly neutral, if all you had in mind was neutrality with regard to religion. If teachers are truly neutral, they wouldn't limit their neutral method simply to religion.

Quote:
As anyone can see, religion in the public schools is what was being discussed.

That might have applied, up to the point at which you called for teachers to be truly neutral--you were the one who caught your dick in your zipper because of your typical imprecision of expression. Now you want to whine about being misunderstood.

Moron.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 11:41 am
I think you understood well enough. You simply misrepresented.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 02:02 pm
Not at all . . . you said something (typically) stupid, and i went with that. Now you're into your whining mode . . . no surprises there.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 02:20 pm
Funny how you can't see that

setanta wrote:
That is exactly the method you favor so much yourself--now you whine when it is applied to you.

is an admission that you are aware that you used my quote out of context purposefully. Laughing
0 Replies