Bill Clinton bashing thread

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 09:39 am
Red-faced Clinton tirade stuns superdelegates behind closed doors RAW STORY
Published: Wednesday April 2, 2008

A private meeting between Bill Clinton and California superdelegates erupted when the former president was reminded of Bill Richardson's decision to endorse Barack Obama.

"It was like someone pulled the pin from a grenade," according to San Francisco Chronicle columnists Phillip Matier and Andrew Ross.

"'Five times to my face (Richardson) said that he would never do that,' a red-faced, finger-pointing Clinton erupted," the two write in Wednesday's paper.

Clinton "was a far cry" from the "congenial former president" who told fellow delegates to "chill out" over the race between his wife and Illinois Senator Barack Obama.

Excerpts:

"It was one of the worst political meetings I have ever attended," one superdelegate said.

According to those at the meeting, Clinton - who flew in from Chicago with bags under his eyes - was classic old Bill at first, charming and making small talk with the 15 or so delegates who gathered in a room behind the convention stage.
But as the group moved together for the perfunctory photo, Rachel Binah, a former Richardson delegate who now supports Hillary Clinton, told Bill how "sorry" she was to have heard former Clinton campaign manager James Carville call Richardson a "Judas" for backing Obama.

It was as if someone pulled the pin from a grenade.

"Five times to my face (Richardson) said that he would never do that," a red-faced, finger-pointing Clinton erupted.

The former president then went on a tirade that ran from the media's unfair treatment of Hillary to questions about the fairness of the votes in state caucuses that voted for Obama. It ended with him asking delegates to imagine what the reaction would be if Obama was trailing by just 1 percent and people were telling him to drop out.

"It was very, very intense," said one attendee. "Not at all like the Bill of earlier campaigns."

"It was kind of strange later when he took the stage and told everyone to 'chill out,' " one delegate told us.

"We couldn't help but think he was also talking to himself."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 446 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 01:45 pm
Part of the article seems to be missing, if this is the SF Gate article...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2008/04/02/BAVNVU2PJ.DTL&type=printable

Quote:
When delegate Binah - still stunned from her encounter with Clinton - got home to Little River (Mendocino County) later in the day - there was a phone message waiting for her from State Party Chairman Art Torres, telling her the former president wanted him to apologize to her on his behalf for what happened.

Still, word of Clinton's blast shot all the way back to the New Mexico state Capitol, where Richardson spokesman Pahl Shipley reiterated Tuesday that his boss had never "promised or guaranteed" Bill and Hillary his endorsement.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 02:06 pm
Butrflynet, no that was not in the article I posted. I posted all I had. Thanks for the addition. Interesting. I doubt Bill soothed any ruffled feathers with that apology.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 07:40 pm
Blueflame
Should i go Non_Rama's sprache?
Bill Clinton had put his cigar to taste for which he was penalized.
How about the criminals who had tortured, butchered, raped, maimed are still laughing?
0 Replies