Voters believe Obama is a Muslim

Zippo

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 12:41 pm
Voters believe Obama is a Muslim

From The Times
March 29, 2008

-- One in every ten voters in America believes Barack Obama to be a Muslim, a survey has revealed. White evangelical Protestants and Americans from the Southern, mid-Western and rural states are the most likely to hold this view, according to the poll commissioned by the Pew Research Centre.

-- A hotel in Nashville is removing the Bible from its bedrooms and offering guests a "spiritual" reading menu instead. Reports in the Tennessee press say the Hotel Preston will invite guests to call room service to ask for the religious book of their choice. The selection offered will include the Koran, Book of Mormon, the Torah, the Bhagavad Gita, and the Four Noble Truths of Buddhism as well as the King James Bible. "Our guests come from different places and they definitely come from different cultures, backgrounds, ethnicities, so we want everyone to feel welcomed and comfortable," said Dina Nishioka, public relations director for Hotel Preston...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article3640072.ece

============================

Time to read this article again Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 444 • Replies: 5
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 12:42 pm
Only one in ten!? That's EXCELLENT news! I guess there's hope that the idiots in this country are losing ground after all!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 12:45 pm
kickycan wrote:
Only one in ten!? That's EXCELLENT news! I guess there's hope that the idiots in this country are losing ground after all!

I concur
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 01:02 pm
Yeah, my thought too. Only 10%? Praise Allah.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 01:58 pm
kickycan wrote:

Well, 50% still believe that God created the universe in 7 literal days.

And quite a few more don't believe in evolution.

So, there's plenty of idiots still roaming around. I do hope it's shrinking though.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 02:24 pm
I despise mob mentality. Everybody despises mob mentality, but I'm altogether closer to elitism. Not establishment, mind you, but populism is self serving and aberrant, I mean, as far as China is concerned the river dolphin had to go, and it will never affect me, but I hear about family values and universal consumerism-I-mean-healthcare and I'm thinking, let's not lose a species of owl over Dodge Caravans packed like clown cars. Where was I going with this?

Ah yes. There is something to be said however for the communal sensibilities. Not much, again mind you, but live by the sword die by the sword.
0 Replies