How to save the image of Dalai Lama?

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 06:59 pm
My name is Rama nothing to do with Bushists or buddists..
i am a die hard athiest.
Most of the intellectuals here know about christians,
. Some of you have heared about the problem in Sri lanka and Burma besides Nepal.
how come Dalai Lama diverts the attention of the majority of the Civilized intellectual citizens as an Immigrant of India?

here is my quote from an American

"HOW TO RESOLVE THE TIBET CRISIS
24 March 2008

Some EU members urge boycotting the Olympic opening ceremonies. Similar calls are coming from North America. Others demand outright trade sanctions.

Such overt action won’t work. China will never voluntarily relinquish control of Tibet. No one is going to tell China what to do. A face-saving compromise needs to be found for this confrontation.

The best solution is the one proposed by the Dalai Lama: Beijing restores the old `priest-ruler’ relationship. Tibet recognizes China’s political mastery and military presence, China accepts Tibet’s genuine internal autonomy, ceases Han immigration, and allows the Dalai Lama to return.

As globalization plays an ever larger role in China’s economy, its positive image abroad is extremely important. Stomping on Tibet is counter-productive. Beijing should respond with patience, and accord the Dalai Lama, a fierce pacifist and great soul, the same reverence and respect as did the Mongol and Ming emperors.
http://www.bigeye.com/foreignc.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 430 • Replies: 6
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 07:20 pm
I don't understand. I didn't think the Dalai Lama's image needed saving. Can you explain?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 07:44 pm
Yes.
As an immigrant in india he should air his views about Burma, Nepal , Srilanka and follow Panchan Lama's passive behaviour.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 08:23 pm
I thought he had been. He's been on speaking tours all over the world.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 08:53 pm
Dalai Lama is two-faced. His trips to the West is only to gain political support for his authority. He doesn't care for Buddhists in general.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 11:26 pm
Should I express my critical views about the noble person( an immigrant of India) more?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 06:28 pm
Make another war against China's communist regime.
Bin Laden is no more fashionable.
Uphold the virtures of mobocracy and deny the decent critical observers.
0 Replies