flies on a dead squirrel

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 08:43 pm
man-o-man, the **** around here re Obama has been thicker than flies on a dead squirrel. I now question if there is one honest republican on this forum. I'm not even a Obama fan but I will probably end up being one. You "conservatives" are proving not so much to be racists but, rather, simple bigots. I haven't so many lies in print since Dick Nixon was president, I don't think Bill Clinton even comes close.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 641 • Replies: 10
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 08:53 pm
Swift boat racism?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 09:14 pm
Well Edgar, more than that I think. I expect differences of opinion, differences in point of view, differences in political philosophy which is pretty much the norm around here. What I don't expect and do find intolerable is what I perceive as a new phenomena of just outright lying about even the most trivial of facts.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 09:15 pm
tell me it's not true...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 09:34 pm
The Bush legacy: just keep bald-face-lying about it until the undeniable truth surfaces. It's an astounding tactic. And dumbfounding. Is this new in politics?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 09:40 pm
I doubt that.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 09:54 pm
Rockhead wrote:
tell me it's not true...

ok. it's not true. politics is not a hotbed of liars, cheats and thieves. can you go to sleep now, rocky? :wink:
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 10:03 pm
Thanks fer thinkin' of me, Mame, but I understand the chemistry involved with sleep...

(spent time in Tennessee...)

Liars is liars...

RH
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 10:07 pm
I don't understand the reference to Tennessee but it doesn't matter - I'm not 'merican. But I am off to sleep. And you're right - Liars is liars.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 10:13 pm
I may be among the few that know, or knew in tha past, decent people involved in politics.

No, they are not all scummo. And I won't say re parties, that's easy to leap at and from what I know, wrong.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 10:14 pm
I'm a Republican, and can't recall a single lie. A few snide remarks towards the Clinton camp, perhaps, but no lies. Not because she's a woman, though.
0 Replies