Why = y ???

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 02:42 pm
Why are they called RIGHT-wingers when they're almost always WRONG?

Why aren't conservatives interested in conservation?

Why does anything really informative get called liberal propaganda?

Why is it that what's good politics is bad economics; what's bad politics is good economics; what's good economics is bad politics; and what's bad economics is good politics?

Why do US congressmen run for congress but UK politicians only stand for parliament?

Why are we upset about politicians? After all isn't the Greek origin of the work 'politics' composed of 'poli' meaning many and 'tics' meaning ugly parasites?

Why do we call members of Parliament 'Right Honourable' when they are neither?

Why do people refer to them as 'cheap politicians'? Don't they realize how much it costs us to support them?

Why are the liberals interested in conserving? If they want to conserve they should join the conservatives, shouldn't they?

Why is it that, in politics, if someone leaves your party for another one, they're a traitor, but if someone leaves another party to join yours, they're a convert?

Why can't politicians be more like baseball players and threaten to strike now and then?

Why is it that most laws in the US that are made by Congress, exclude Congress from those who can be prosecuted?
http://www.gadzillionthings.net/Think125.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 563 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 03:31 pm
Well, to cheekily answer your points seriously even though you're just spewing rhetoric... ;p

The "right" and "left" corresponds to the seating arrangements in the French legislature, way back - the conservative party sat on the right side of the room, and the liberal party sat on the left, and so the "left" and the "right" came into common usage as a short-hand. It just stuck.

Conservatives aren't generally interested in conservation because it generally conflicts with property rights, which is a bedrock conservative principle. Limiting property usage for nebulous social benefits is thus something conservatives look on with disfavor. Conservatives are generally also pro-business, and so to the extent that conservation plans are anti-business, that's another reason to oppose them.

The reason that good politics is bad economics is simple; people want to have government benefits, but they don't want to pay taxes. Promising more benefits is popular. Cutting taxes is popular. Paying out more benefits than your tax income can support is bad economics. This hits both conservatives and liberals, unfortunately.

Your Greek is worse than your English, I'm afraid. ;p

Politicians don't really have any reason to strike - they're management, not labor. If they want a higher salary, they can vote for it (and do!)
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 03:38 pm
Among the 12 Qs I had posted above
You had picked up a Q to retort.
Of course I am not well qualified as the members of this forum but as banal as my parents.
Regards without remorse or regrets.
project your views in this forum so that I learn somthing from you sir.
Rama
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 05:47 pm
Let me get educated from the intellectuals of this forum.
Why the hell I make an impression that I am Satem and not Hitler
Be civil.
English is my colonial Sprache
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 06:50 pm
If we're so bad, why didn't we finish Europe when we could have? China'd be our buddies now if we never let Japan rebuild. Russia would have been down with it...

Or have we just lost our way since after Europe lost it's penchant for chemical warfare and genocide?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 02:38 pm
banno
Why- but why you suspect about my political views which i had put in plain words.
I am a blind supporter of Mother Theresa; MLK, Nelson Mandela( Christians)
Mahathma Gandhi( A Hindu)
Karl Marx( a jew)
Not a fan of any other noise makers or vocifererous upholder of any other causes.
Those I had mentioned above are enough for me to shape my civil. moral, ethical culture.

Accept my thanks and my views are very critical.
Regards
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 03:45 pm
Today Igot 165 Emails.
All in American English( not Austrilian, candian, british, african, Asian english)
Why those 165 intellectual Americans are facinated to help the well settled person like me
and why not they organize the Americans who are infatuated with Bush's noble politics to make a trip to Iraq or Afganisthan?
Civil ourage is abysmal to the core
0 Replies