Obama's shallow National Security Credentials are dangerous

rabel22

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 06:21 pm
Your idea of campaigning the proper way is not to require Obama to defend him self against anyone. Let us see how this works when the election for president begins. You Obimaites can demand all the apologies you want when the republicans start swiftboating him. But I bet you wont get any. But then I guess his character cant be assinated because he is so holy and innocent.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 07:46 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

What everyone forgets while denying experience is important is that we are living in very different and dangerous times. At times in the past, experience was more important than at other less dangerous times. We are in crisis in both foreign and domestic affairs. Experience is a high priority for me.

BBB

http://butrfly.net/Albums/MiscellaneousGoodies/images/cartoon1.jpg

With any more experience like that in Washington DC, the country really will be in a heap of trouble.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 05:38 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
My first choice for the democratic nominee in the PRIMARIES was Senator Joe Biden. When he withdrew, I voted for Hillary Clinton in the PRIMARIES. I will vote for Obama in the GENERAL ELECTION if he is the Democratic nominee. I still wish Joe Biden would have been the Democratic nominee as the most qualified candidate in the entire group of candidates.

What everyone forgets while denying experience is important is that we are living in very different and dangerous times. At times in the past, experience was more important than at other less dangerous times. We are in crisis in both foreign and domestic affairs. Experience is a high priority for me.

BBB

I too liked Biden, but he's gone. Now I'm down to two folks who had to make a call at the most important time in the last decade. Senator Clinton looked at the politics, decided that she should support the war because the people had been worked into a frenzy and voted yes. Obama looked at his upcoming campaign, knew that his stance was not popular and stood against the war anyway. The case against the Iraq war was just as obvious the day before the war as it is today. For all of the experience Clinton claims, it didn't help her to do the right thing when the chips were on the line. For all the lack of experience people claim for Obama, he made the right call at the right time. In the run up to the war, I was yelling for our politicians to have judgment like Obama's, not Clinton's. Nothing she has done or said since has indicated to me that she has improved her judgment in this critical respect. If you have an example of Clinton making the right call at the right time, I'd be willing to consider it. That said, I too will vote against McCain in November. I'd just like a candidate I could vote for.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 07:06 am
Re: BBB
engineer wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
My first choice for the democratic nominee in the PRIMARIES was Senator Joe Biden. When he withdrew, I voted for Hillary Clinton in the PRIMARIES. I will vote for Obama in the GENERAL ELECTION if he is the Democratic nominee. I still wish Joe Biden would have been the Democratic nominee as the most qualified candidate in the entire group of candidates.

BBB

I too liked Biden, but he's gone. Now I'm down to two folks who had to make a call at the most important time in the last decade. Senator Clinton looked at the politics, decided that she should support the war because the people had been worked into a frenzy and voted yes. Obama looked at his upcoming campaign, knew that his stance was not popular and stood against the war anyway. The case against the Iraq war was just as obvious the day before the war as it is today. For all of the experience Clinton claims, it didn't help her to do the right thing when the chips were on the line. For all the lack of experience people claim for Obama, he made the right call at the right time. In the run up to the war, I was yelling for our politicians to have judgment like Obama's, not Clinton's. Nothing she has done or said since has indicated to me that she has improved her judgment in this critical respect. If you have an example of Clinton making the right call at the right time, I'd be willing to consider it. That said, I too will vote against McCain in November. I'd just like a candidate I could vote for.
Indeed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 10:49 am
I think authorizing the war was a shallow security move. I know many disagree, of course.
0 Replies