Dress Code

Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 06:28 am
I worked for Hyatt for a while, once't. We had discussions about a dress code, and i represented my department. I told 'em there weren't no way in hell i was gonna wear a dress, uh-uh, no way, no how . . . they just stared at me for a moment, and continued the discussion.

(In actual fact, we succeeded in breaking the back of the plan to implement a dress code policy when we convinced the head of personnel that it would unfairly burden the men. A woman's business suit, at that time could be had for under $100, no more than $150 with unnerwears, hose and shoes included. A man's off-the-rack suit would be $150, before you add a tie, oxford shirt, unnerwears and shoes and socks. [Those were relatively realistic prices for 1990.] The head of personnel was one of them wimmins, and she thought about for a while, and then talked to the GM for that hotel, and implied that they might get sued. That was stupid, of course, but hotel general managers get to that exalted level because of an obsessive dedication to squeaky wheels and no boat-rocking. The dress code idea was abandoned. I tried out my "i ain't wearin' no dress" joke one last time, but ever'body left the room without even givin' me a dirty look.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 07:33 am
set in a frock Shocked
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 07:45 am
What a revoltin' development ! ! !
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 07:48 am
The peasants are revolting too.