Meanwhile back at the ranch

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 08:54 am
the dems piss away their opportunities....

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN1824791220080319?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&rpc=22&sp=true
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 607 • Replies: 10
No top replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 09:16 am
Chickens are coming home ...... to roost.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 09:29 am
This is as bad as it gets for Obama. Just watch and enjoy the ride.

It is all up from here.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 09:38 am
Bear
Bear, don't rush to conclusions. Just wait until the voters find out that Hillary Clinton is bald and wears a wig. Her campaign will tank.

BBB
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 09:41 am
Re: Bear
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bear, don't rush to conclusions. Just wait until the voters find out that Hillary Clinton is bald and wears a wig. Her campaign will tank.

BBB

And she killed Vince Foster. Just ask Gunga.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 05:13 pm
we're f*cked.....again.....

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:16 pm

I confused BPB. You've been strongly against the Obama from the beginning. Now that his numbers have fallen back to ones similar to Clinton, you're upset? I thought you'd be gloating.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:53 am
Relax fellow Democrats.... really, relax.

Does anyone remember who we are running against? (No.... seriously, have you seen him in the news at all for the past few weeks?).

Provided the Democratic party resolves its little squabbles responsibly, they will come out of this difficult just fine with enough time, money and support to kick whats-his-name's butt.

We have an unpopular war, an increasing deficit, a worrisome economy and increasing concerns over health care. All of these issues are good for the Democratic candidate.

The other guy has security.

The issues support the Democrats. National feelings support the Democrats.

We just need to pick a candidate and get behind him or her.

The Democratic party will unite and be in a very strong position to win in November.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 07:25 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
The Democratic party will unite and be in a very strong position to win in November.

I'd like to think so, but right now, Obama will be the likely nominee and stalwart Democrats like those here are saying they will not vote for him. Independents only go so far. Without the left, McCain wins.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 09:20 pm
engineer wrote:
...and stalwart Democrats like those here are saying they will not vote for him. Independents only go so far. Without the left, McCain wins.

McCain in 2008!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 09:42 pm
Okay, before McCain got the nominee, the amount of posters on Republican message boards claiming they would never vote for him, was absolutely huge. I personally read hundreds of them. The vast majority of these people have fallen into line, and the vast majority of Dems will fall into line as well.

It's a rhetorical tool. When you are arguing a position, to claim the dire consequences of the undesired outcome happens. Voters have one real threat, and that's to withhold or change their vote. It's extremely common to see people, especially those without much debate experience, falling into that roll.

I'm not worried in the slightest, and I have no idea why most here would be at all. McCain is going to get clobbered by either candidate. Can you imagine him trying to debate domestic policy in depth with either one? Or even foreign policy? He's tied to Bush at the hip, supporting everything Bush supports. We're gonna slaughter em!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies