Hillary is going to run for prez in 2004?

au1929

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:54 am
hobitbob

Quote:
We liberals are apparently not passionate enough. Where does one take foaming at the mouth lessons?

Not passionate enough? Are you kidding the far left is as passionate and as honest?? as the far right. Radical is radical right or left they are cut from the same bolt of cloth.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 07:30 am
perception
Quote:
I hope she runs----when the American electorate really stop and think about her as the Commander in Chief, their eyes will glaze over and their lips will start to foam-----they will then vote straight Republican

Talking about eyes glazing over. How does that brilliant group of stratigests now in power strike you? A trained monkey could do better. Embarrassed
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 11:26 am
au1929 wrote:

A trained monkey could do better. Embarrassed

Well, the far right have said Bushy-PooII is the best president since Reagan..... Wink
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 11:44 am
Hobitbob wrote:

I think that the hillmonster running would only drive many moderate to right leaning Democrats away.

Yeah ---- even Hobit can recognize a MONSTER.----sometimes.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 12:29 pm
I hate to keep agreeing with you Hobit (it looks so sicko-fan-tick) but I do! Hillary is doin' jes' fahn where she is. She needs to have time to make a significant mark, take a significant stand and (for me, anyway) to put visible distance between herself and the DLC, herself and some of the more venal lobbyists and hangers-on in the Senate Office Building and social life.

Probably one of the greatest pieces of luck Dean had -- certainly it juiced up his support, both financial and political -- was when the DLC/DNC jumped all over him in the spring. There's no looking back for Dems who smell, not fresh blood but Fresh Air! With Dean, by god, we aren't stuck with the same old same old. And that's been giving many Dems new heart.

I love the idea of Bush being the best president since Reagan. Start with a jerk, get a jerkier jerk twenty years later. What a grand old party!
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 12:34 pm
Albany, New York-AP -- Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton is repeating herself -- she will not run for president next year.

President Bush's dip in the polls, and talk that Senator Clinton may visit Iowa this fall, have fueled speculation that she might change her mind.

But during a visit to the New York State Fair in Syracuse, Clinton said she's "absolutely ruling it out." A spokesman added, "Senator Clinton has repeatedly said that she will serve out her full, six-year term."

But there are signs New York's junior senator is interested in the White House. Her campaign Web site features e-mails from people urging her to run next year.

A Democratic strategist who worked on Bill Clinton's re-election campaign doubts Senator Clinton will jump in the fray, because Bush doesn't look beatable -- at least not now.

www.wric.com, a little while ago
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 12:09 pm
Fobs For Clark
Fobs For Clark

Clintonites tell us to ignore all the chatter that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton wants to jump into the 2004 presidential race because she's afraid former NATO boss Wesley Clark could win it all and postpone her march to the Oval Office until 2012.

In fact, they say, she's holding a strategy meeting this month to talk about fundraising for her Senate re-election and helping Clark. And that makes sense because Clark is winning the backing of the so-called FOBs, or Friends of Bill Clinton. Like: former White House consigliere Bruce Lindsey, whose car sports a "Draft Clark" sticker.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 09:17 am
MARIO: I'D JUMP ONTO HILLARY PREZ BANDWAGON
MARIO: I'D JUMP ONTO HILL PREZ BANDWAGON
Mon Sep 1, 2:53 AM ET - New York Post
By FREDRIC U. DICKER

FORMER Gov. Mario Cuomo, who last month urged Al Gore to run for president, now says he'd gladly back Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton if she decides to seek the Democratic presidential nomination.

"I would support her in a flash if she came into the race, absolutely," Cuomo told The Post.

"I believe she would have an excellent chance to defeat President Bush and, yes, I believe she would win," said Cuomo, who has called the current crowded Democratic field of candidates a "babble."

Cuomo's comments came as a new round of excitement surrounded the former first lady, whose official Web site has been featuring e-mails from supporters urging her to run for president.

Clinton, however, insisted again over the weekend that she would not enter the race.

Cuomo, who considered running for president in 1992, said he had not talked to Clinton about running for president - and said he was taking her at her word when she said she wouldn't enter the race.

"She has said she was not going to run . . . So be it," said Cuomo.

His initial call for Gore to get in the race was widely viewed in Democratic circles as a shot by one of the party's elder statesmen at liberal front-runner Howard Dean, the former Vermont governor who is viewed as unelectable by many party leaders.

His new statement on Clinton is expected to be read that way, as well, some party insiders said.

Cuomo, meanwhile, said he'd be going to California to join other nationally prominent Democrats in opposing the effort to recall Gov. Gray Davis and, if necessary, help boost the campaign of Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante.
0 Replies