Is Our $3 Trillion War Fueling a Recession?

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:21 am
Of course it is! ---BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 271 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 01:33 pm
Just to draw attention of the participants here in A2K

"On the other side, Stelzer, the economist, looks at it this way: "I put a very, very high premium on Iraq being eliminated as a source and a haven for terrorists."

While the debate continues, the housing slump is deepening, and oil prices keep hitting record highs. Unlike during Vietnam, the U.S. entered this war with an economy that wasn’t in such great shape to begin with. If consumers begin to feel more pain from a recession soon, the fight over war costs and the economy will only find its way further into the long-running debate over Iraq."

Let us judge the intellectual faculties of American Voters
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 06:16 pm
I think if this was a just war fought in the defense of the United States or our allies, the economic cost would be worth it and the President would be right, or even required by decency to demand the population make sacrifices to support it. In my opinion, the Iraq war is not just and does not improve the security of our country, therefore the economic concerns just add to the reasons we should be leaving.
0 Replies