Bush wants 'romance' of fighting on front line

Zippo

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 08:31 am
US President George W. Bush has said he would love to fight in Afghanistan if he was younger.

President Bush suggested fighting on the frontline was "romantic" during a video conference with US military and civilian personnel in the war-torn country.

"I must say, I'm a little envious," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23373396-2,00.html

=============

http://blatanttruth.org/turd-polish.gif
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 483 • Replies: 10
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 08:39 am
Every time I believe I could not possibly think less of that man he goes and opens his mouth.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 08:43 am
how can you not believe him... based on his romantic and in the thick of it participation in the Vietnamese conflict.... when he was young enough?

Not a single Viet Cong infiltrated the duck blinds of alabama due to georgies steely eyed guts and determination
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 08:56 am
So Zippo, what are you going to do with your time when Bush finally leaves office (and we are all counting the days here) ? Will you take up knitting or golf ? I think you are going to feel a great void.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 09:50 am
Green Witch wrote:
So Zippo, what are you going to do with your time when Bush finally leaves office (and we are all counting the days here) ? Will you take up knitting or golf ? I think you are going to feel a great void.

I'll take up Witch hunting. Mad
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 09:51 am
snaaaap! Laughing
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 02:31 pm
Zippo wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

I'll take up Witch hunting. Mad

You're welcome to try.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 02:44 pm
I want the "romance" of Bush getting prison raped.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 07:50 am
The point is that there are some people, men and women today, that do think that serving in the military, IN A WAR ZONE, gives their lives an added measure of something, that civilian life just doesn't offer.

Some men went off to war in WWI, singing songs about their "buddy." Some men went off to war in WWII wanting to fight the Japanese and the Nazis. Some men went off to war in Korea, wanting to fight the Commies. Some men went off to war in Vietnam wanting to fight the Viet Cong.

So, it doesn't seem unreasonable to think that some men and women, in this volunteer military, are in a war zone feeling that they are part of the continuum of Americans that went off to war thoughout the nations history. It can be romantic; Gone With the Wind is more romantic of a movie, because the backdrop is the Civil War.

My point is, some people may find daily civilian life less than satisfying, when compared to an experience in a war zone. Some people like to say they were there when history was being made...

I wouldn't expect McCain to romanticize his experience as a POW; however, his experience flying his Navy jet was romantic to anyone that enjoys seeing a military jet arcing across the sky.

Naturally, anyone that is anti-war, or believes the United States should have an isolationist foreign policy would not agree with anything in this post. It wasn't written for that audience, obviously. I don't want to proselytize, just offer another viewpoint.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 08:02 am
Foofie wrote:
The point is that there are some people, men and women today, that do think that serving in the military, IN A WAR ZONE, gives their lives an added measure of something, that civilian life just doesn't offer.

Some men went off to war in WWI, singing songs about their "buddy." Some men went off to war in WWII wanting to fight the Japanese and the Nazis. Some men went off to war in Korea, wanting to fight the Commies. Some men went off to war in Vietnam wanting to fight the Viet Cong.

So, it doesn't seem unreasonable to think that some men and women, in this volunteer military, are in a war zone feeling that they are part of the continuum of Americans that went off to war thoughout the nations history. It can be romantic; Gone With the Wind is more romantic of a movie, because the backdrop is the Civil War.

My point is, some people may find daily civilian life less than satisfying, when compared to an experience in a war zone. Some people like to say they were there when history was being made...

I wouldn't expect McCain to romanticize his experience as a POW; however, his experience flying his Navy jet was romantic to anyone that enjoys seeing a military jet arcing across the sky.

Naturally, anyone that is anti-war, or believes the United States should have an isolationist foreign policy would not agree with anything in this post. It wasn't written for that audience, obviously. I don't want to proselytize, just offer another viewpoint.

What's that got to do with Bush's cowardly ass?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 08:20 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Foofie wrote:

What's that got to do with Bush's cowardly ass?

The thread is initially about the President's comments relating to the war. My comments are in context of the President's comments. Why would my comments be in context of anyone's opinion of the President?
0 Replies