Picasso is a phony and Pollock was a drunk as$hole!!!!

Amigo

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 03:42 am
Yea!!! I said! and it's true.

and I can back it up!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 15,338 • Replies: 66
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 04:31 am
I know your just dying for some one to ask.

So go ahead, backup your claim.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 04:41 am
Re: Picasso is a phony and Pollock was a drunk as$hole!!!!
Amigo wrote:

and I can back it up!

I concur
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 04:46 am
I only like certain periods of Picasso's art myself.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 04:59 am
me thinks Picasso would not consider you an Amigo...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 05:11 am
Re: Picasso is a phony and Pollock was a drunk as$hole!!!!
Chai wrote:
Amigo wrote:

and I can back it up!

I concur

Yup.

But they made a few good pictures, though. :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 05:25 am
Region Philbis wrote:
me thinks Picasso would not consider you an Amigo...

don't be talkin' smack about amigo, or you'll have to answer to the wrath of chai.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 05:29 am
i believe i already did... and i further believe that i already am...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 05:35 am
Region Philbis wrote:
i believe i already did... and i further believe that i already am...

I will smote you like guernica.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 05:42 am
Actually, Picasso wasn't a phoney, just a misogynist ...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 10:54 am
Chai wrote:
I will smote you like guernica.
you don't scare moi... but this is just plain creepy:

http://www.artnewsblog.com/famous-paintings/guernica/guernica.jpg
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:09 pm
All that idiot Pollock did was take a bunch of colors that go together anyway and splatter them around.

"Ohhhh, but he was the first."

Who gives a $hit! He was probably the first to splater paint around because he couldn't do anything else.

And that drunk idiot killed that girl.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 02:21 pm
With few exceptions I personally do not respond to the later works of Pollack, but his earlier stuff was very interesting.
But PICASSO! There was a great genius. But it takes a fairly developed observer to realize the value of Pablo's expressions.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 11:55 am
I think we have to separate the artist from the art. How many of us could stand up to the scrutiny that a celebrity gets under a microscope? Not only would most of us get labeled as buttheads, but we haven't created anything either.

I know that the modern Vienna Philharmonic never played Mahler, an Austrian Jew whose music was banned by Hitler, until Bernstein reintroduced him to the orchestra, I believe in the 1960s. And, as far as I know, the Israel Philharmonic has never played Wagner because he was anti-semitic. We can't let personal prejudices get in the way of great art.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 12:14 pm
He's nekkid. The emperor ain't got no clothes, and it took Amigo to point it out.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 12:22 pm
Jack The Dripper? I agree with jlnobody about his early work being more interesting, when he was still under the influence of T. Hart Benton. As for the drip paintings-- he was in the right place at the right time and appropriately self-destructive to earn him the label of genius.

Picasso, now he's the bad uncle that no matter how you look at him, you can't deny his contribution to the art world. Did the man himself have any redeeming qualities? Who knows.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 01:05 pm
Wiki on Pollock, with a list of major paintings - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Pollock
(I need to look at that list..)

and Picasso -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Picasso

Not that Wiki is tha last word, if there is a last word, but a handy place to link.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 01:08 pm
I can understand how someone might not like Pollack and I can understand how someone might not like Picasso's cubist periods but to not like Picasso?

Have you ever looked at his drawings? Nobody could draw a line like Picasso. They're so simple and elegant. Lovely.

http://www.meaus.com/97-1951-picasso-odalisque.JPEG
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:33 pm
Coluber, it does seem that one cannot logically, at least, evaluate an individual's art on the basis of his character--I'm thinking, of course, of the absurdity of claims that Wagner (because of his racism) or Mahler (because of his ethnic status) could not do good work. As as formula: if we say that a bad man cannot make good art then it follows, logically at least, that a good man cannot make bad art.

Gala, doesn't it seem that Pollack's later work had very little "evolutionary potential"? Where could he go from there?
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 02:19 pm
Here's an untitled 1948 work by Pollock. I like its transparency, thinness, and resemblance to sculpture, perhaps, reminisint of a Calder wire sculpture. He showed more control here than usual with even a semblance of figures.

http://www.metmuseum.org/TOAH/images/h2/h2_1982.147.27.jpg
0 Replies