Parking Rage

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 10:44 am
I thought we only had to worry about road rage, now parking rage has entered my life. I was in downtown B-town this morning, driving around looking for a pahhhking space. Suddenly a spied one, I swerved my car immediately into the space. Yes this is awesome a space a block from my destination, what could be better.

Then I get this blaring of a horn behind me - at first I figured the guy is upset because I didn't use my blinker (see little Ks comment on using blinker in Boston). Then I figured out the a$$hole wanted space. Well too bad, I was in front of him - not like he was backing into it and I snuck in. So he pulls up next to me. I roll down the window and smile sweetly and say - have a nice day! I saw steam coming out of his ears.

I lock up the car and begin to walk down the street and turn the corner. Then the a$$hole comes driving up again - must have been driving around the block continuing to look for a space. He rolls down the window and say f***ing a$$hole to me. I simply start laughing and say what a nice guy. This man walking near me said what's that all about so I told him. We both had a good laugh.

Ooops sorry - Slappy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,195 • Replies: 27
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 10:59 am
That reminds me of the scene in "Green fried Tomatoes" where Kathy
Bates was patiently waiting for a parking space and when it finally became
available, a young girl pulled into it quickly.

That's what Kathy did then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZhmZxPWni0
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 11:06 am
CJ I love that movie...That part is hysterical...Towanda

Linkat, I agree - It is a little crazy these days...I think we tend to be a little uptight as a whole...and it seems to be contagious. What do you think causes it?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 11:22 am
He was driving Behind you and wanted the space?

wow.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 02:13 pm
Sorry, wasn't me.

If it was, I would have just picked up your car with my bare hands, and thrown it across the garage.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 02:17 pm
Been watching Chuck Norris movies again slappy?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 03:40 pm
mismi40 wrote:
CJ I love that movie...That part is hysterical...Towanda

Linkat, I agree - It is a little crazy these days...I think we tend to be a little uptight as a whole...and it seems to be contagious. What do you think causes it?

Lack of parking and knowing that if you need to go to gargage that it could cost you $35 for 2 hours.

Also, you could tell the guy was an a$$hole. When he went by he had a handicap thingy hanging from the review mirror - not granted you cannot totally tell whether this person was handicap or not, he seemed more likely on the not side and the fact that Boston has a huge issue with "fake" handicap signs, I would bet his was fake. He was trying to get a spot on the street and be able to park all day for free (I've seen it a thousand times and even had a discussion with a police officer about it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 03:41 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Sorry, wasn't me.

If it was, I would have just picked up your car with my bare hands, and thrown it across the garage.

Damn I finally thought I had run into you. The colorful language made me instantly think of Slappy and the road rage sort of thing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 03:49 pm
I sometimes wonder if giving things names, like "road-rage" almost gives the behaviour some sort of credibility, or excuse, that it doesn't have when it's just called being an aggressive shithead, or criminal assault.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 04:16 pm
i got into a fight over a godamn parking space 2 weeks ago,this 19 year old kid was "talkin smack" and at first i thought he was joking, we work together, then he keeps going and going and he balled up his fist and i was like bro, then i just socked him in the face as hard as i could. ok not once i cant lie it felt good to beat his ass. he kept tryin to fight for a few minutes. first day of work too! aint that someshizzzz.

yeah. . i havent been dumb enough to fight since i was like 14-15. it felt great.

but over a parking space? i thought he was going to actually hit me, or i would have just kept trying to ignore him.

its crazy outside nowdays, everytime i go out someone starts something, over traffic, a parking space, even the godamn checkout lanes. im just sick of people talking to me like they are some god. i dont care if its wrong im just gonna start beating the **** out of idiots. too bad police are the worst and they are immune to logic. yes its a fact.

why is everyone so angry?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 04:24 pm
dlowan wrote:
I sometimes wonder if giving things names, like "road-rage" almost gives the behaviour some sort of credibility, or excuse, that it doesn't have when it's just called being an aggressive shithead, or criminal assault.

I'm sure it does.

It's a built in "I can't help it."
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 04:26 pm
OGIONIK wrote:

why not just ask yourself why you're so angry?

It's a funny thing, when one works on themselves, the people around you all seem to get their **** together too.

Odd that.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 05:02 pm
That reminds me of the time my husband and I were waiting patiently for a car in front of us to parallel park on a two way street in an old town. When the car was done we started to go only to hear a blaring horn as an SUV pulled up beside us (on the wrong side of the road), pulled in front of us, and stopped. This fat guy gets out and starts yelling at us that we can't just stop and go whenever we want. Apparently he was trying to go around us without bothering to find out what we had stopped for and couldn't believe we would have the nerve to start moving again without getting his permission. If it hadn't been such a potentially violent incident (involving spitting) it would've been hilarious. People are stressed I tell ya.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 04:49 am
FreeDuck wrote:
That reminds me of the time my husband and I were waiting patiently for a car in front of us to parallel park on a two way street in an old town. When the car was done we started to go only to hear a blaring horn as an SUV pulled up beside us (on the wrong side of the road), pulled in front of us, and stopped. This fat guy gets out and starts yelling at us that we can't just stop and go whenever we want. Apparently he was trying to go around us without bothering to find out what we had stopped for and couldn't believe we would have the nerve to start moving again without getting his permission. If it hadn't been such a potentially violent incident (involving spitting) it would've been hilarious. People are stressed I tell ya.

I'm stressed, but I just hit my steering wheel sometimes, and wave my arms around in the car......you know that Italiam shrug/holding your hands up thing that can mean "What the fukk?" or "Don't look at me, I was just standing there" or "what can you do?"

Getting out, yelling at people, and spitting? That's bad behaviour.

You oughta run him over..... :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 04:50 am
OGIONIK wrote:
i got into a fight over a godamn parking space 2 weeks ago,this 19 year old kid was "talkin smack" and at first i thought he was joking, we work together, then he keeps going and going and he balled up his fist and i was like bro, then i just socked him in the face as hard as i could. ok not once i cant lie it felt good to beat his ass. he kept tryin to fight for a few minutes. first day of work too! aint that someshizzzz.

yeah. . i havent been dumb enough to fight since i was like 14-15. it felt great.

but over a parking space? i thought he was going to actually hit me, or i would have just kept trying to ignore him.

its crazy outside nowdays, everytime i go out someone starts something, over traffic, a parking space, even the godamn checkout lanes. im just sick of people talking to me like they are some god. i dont care if its wrong im just gonna start beating the **** out of idiots. too bad police are the worst and they are immune to logic. yes its a fact.

Perhaps you're incredibly irritating.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 05:13 am
Ha! Bear does that move a lot, dlowan. Sometimes it means "What the fukk are you doin?" and, sometimes (hands a little lower) it means"Or what?" as in "Whatcha gonna do bout it?"

At Christmas the kids and I were at the mall. No parking for two thousand miles or something like that. I finally see a car backing out, stop and wait patiently even though we had been circling the mall for a good thirty minutes looking for a space.

The car finally gets out and just as I go to turn in a car from the next lane over PULLS THROUGH to MY space!!! She could have stopped in the space on her side, but Noooo! She pulled all the way through so that I couldn't park AND couldn't get around to the space behind her in time.

I said something like "What the hell are you doing? That was so rude! Gawd, what a shitty thing to do ya bitch!" I said it in my normal speaking voice, not loud enough for her to hear. I made no hand gestures. We went home.

Cub hasn't let me live that down. He thinks THAT was parking lot rage. He claims that was the maddest he's seen me. I think it's just cause I used the B word and shitty in the same sentence. Shocked him, the poor kid.

Phhhht! I coulda blacked her eye but for the Christmas spirit and all.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 07:55 am
Yeah, I do the hand gestures and I talk a lot to people very sarcastically and in my normal voice. Like "it's a zipper, dumbass, one in front one in back, you're not winning anything by preventing one person from merging in front of you!" Sometimes I make my kids laugh.

But yeah, getting out of my car to confront someone is out of the question.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 08:02 am
This isn't really a parking issue so I hope you don't mind if I veer slightly off topic, but it's about cars being stopped.

What I find annoying is when you pull up to a gas station and there's a car ahead of you but not so far ahead that you can reach the gas nozzle to your car, so you have to wait until they move. No problem, except that when their tank is filled, they leave their car where it is, even though they've seen you try to get some gas, and they go into the store and spend 20 minutes buying **** and talking, and you're outside waiting the whole time.

Now THAT is rude. I usually go in and ask them to come out and move their car so I can fill up.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 06:30 pm
Mame, yeah, I don't understand why people don't think to pull up to the far pump....that is irritating if you can't pull around in front of them.

Ok, I'm being totally serious here, as sarcastic and out there as I can be here on A2k, I am totally a polite driver, keeping out of peoples way, etc. Also polite at the gas station.....This one time during the 5 o'clock rush, I had to get gas. I pulled into one of the mega gas stations with like 20 pumps. A woman was pulling in ahead of me. It was really crowded, and the only available pumps were 2 in the same aisle, front and back, so naturally we both pulled over there. She pulled into the first pump and stopped her car and got out. It was one of those situations where I couldn't get around her or pull around to the other side because of parked cars. So, I opened my window and called over to her...and these were my exact words...."ma'm, could you please pull your car up a few feet to the next pump so I can get in there too?"

She turned around and yelled something, got in her car, and backed out, almost hitting me, and squealed around to another pump station, that had just that moment emptied out of those 2 cars.

She again pulled up to the back pump, so no one could get to the first one. Funny thing, someone was pulling up behind her, a guy, and he said basically the same thing...."Could you move up"

Oh ****, I'm surprised she didn't ram into a gas pump and set us all on fire. She drove around to ANOTHER pump, pulled up, parked her car, and rushed into the store.

By this time, I'd finished pumping since I was only getting a couple of gallons, and I walked in get some water or something a little after her.

She pointed at me screaming "AND THIS ONE WOULDN'T LET ME BUY ANY GAS EITHER!!!!!" Then she tromped out, got in her car and left, never buying gas.

The half dozen people in there all just stared at each other, contemplating our near brush with a firey inferno.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 06:44 pm
Some people have a lot of anger in them. She went to three pumps and never got any gas! She only hurt herself. What a maroon.
0 Replies