In Treatment on HBO

DrMom

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 07:35 pm
I see, thanks, can you tell I am a TV freak?
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 09:46 am
I initially didn't like In Treatment after watching the first two episodes, but curiosity drew me back and I wound up being really addicted. It was so well done--great writing and direction, and truly outstanding acting. In particular, Mia Wasikowska (as Sophie) was just incredible. She was so real and believable.

I am glad they may bring it back for a second season. I can't imagine anyone but Gabriel Byrne as Dr Paul Weston, so I understand why HBO wouldn't do it without him. But his character was in virtually every single scene of every episode, so that was a grueling shooting schedule for him. He might not want to put himself through that again. But, I guess if they offer him enough money...

Diane Wiest really shone on In Treatment--it made me realize, again, how they wasted her during her stint on Law and Order.
0 Replies

DrMom

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 11:54 pm
I think that most of us could identify with atleast one of the characters. Given my multiple personalities I could identify with more than one !!!
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 07:17 am
Be of good cheer,all. The show has been renewed with the shooting being moved to NYC to accomodate Gabriel Byrne.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/06232008/tv/shrink_show_moves_to_ny_116750.htm
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 01:02 pm
That is good news!

Now, maybe, we can find out if Dr. Weston is able to straighten out the problems in his own marriage. Very Happy

I don't know anything about the second season of the Israeli series that In Treatment is based on, and I'm not sure I really want to know. I'd rather wait for In Treatment to begin and see how things unfold firsthand.
0 Replies