Tucker Carlson

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 08:18 am
I noted that Roxxxxane posted that Tucker has been axed from his daily program on MSNBC. I kinda like Tucker and watch his program several times per week. Not that we often agree but I do find Tucker to be honest with his conservative pov. The statement by MSNBC is they are moving to a badge of Chris Mathews/Keith Olberman. Sad I think.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,225 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 08:25 am
Sincere conservative youngish guy in bow-tie doesn't cut it anymore, not a ratings grabber-- I think they want something a little more edgy and mean. Maybe Anne Coulter in a bow-tie.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 08:33 am
Gala wrote:
Sincere conservative youngish guy in bow-tie doesn't cut it anymore, not a ratings grabber-- I think they want something a little more edgy and mean. Maybe Anne Coulter in a bow-tie.
eah maybe, who's that Glenn guy on CNN? freakin' brainless jerk. And then there's Lou Dobbs.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 08:58 am
Lou Dobbs has gone off the edge. I can't listen to him anymore. Same with Olberman on MSNBC.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 09:07 am
Re: Tucker Carlson
dyslexia wrote:
I noted that Roxxxxane posted that Tucker has been axed from his daily program on MSNBC. I kinda like Tucker and watch his program several times per week. Not that we often agree but I do find Tucker to be honest with his conservative pov. The statement by MSNBC is they are moving to a badge of Chris Mathews/Keith Olberman. Sad I think.

Tucker's passive-aggressive style is irritating. I hope they don't create another Chris Mathews type; one is too much. Now, another Keith Olbermann type would be nice. How about Rachel Maddow of Air America?

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 09:08 am
I find tucker to be a smug little frat boy... I prefer Obermann. I will agree though that he's outfront about it and I appreciate that in people.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 09:09 am
I believe dys is referring to Glen Beck

http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/Glenn-Beck.jpg

One of the saddest human beings on the planet.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 09:10 am
he looks pretty vapid.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 09:14 am
Interesting that you guys like Olberman. I liked him for about the first three minutes of the first rant I saw. Then it was like Stephen Colbert's roast of GWB at the correspondents dinner. Too much wind in the sails.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 10:12 am
Glenn Beck is quite possibly one of the most annoying TV personalities.
Not only is he annoying, he really doesn't know very much.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 10:16 am
Tucker's a hateful and pathetic pundit, whose intellectual failings are only superseded by his amazing ability to make the worst possible arguments in favor of the Republican cause of the day, and get huffy when called on it.

Bring in Rachel Maddow, it's obvious they've been training her up for something.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 10:44 am
Once again I am saddened, I like to hear various opinions, does not matter so much that I disagree. I found tucker to be essentially honest ( I did have major complaints) I can't tolerate the likes of bILL O/Lou Dobbs or Glenn Beck but I did often catch Tucker just to hear the other side. Yes, I do often catch Olberman and sometimes Chris Mathews but find them lacking in perspective every bit as much as all the other pundits. So sorry most of you seem to find "your side" to be the only pov that should be aired. Smug, I think is the correct term.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 11:15 am
Tucker is annoying, and I can put up with annoying tv personalities only if there is something in it for me. I can't recall Tucker ever having an original idea, or a fresh take on things. Why should I go to the work of wading through his personality flaws??
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 11:19 am
I have to agree that Tucker was a bit better than the other right-wing tv personalities...plus, he gained some street cred by doign dancing with the stars.
Too bad he danced like some geeky-ass white republican.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 11:20 am
dyslexia wrote:
Once again I am saddened, I like to hear various opinions, does not matter so much that I disagree. I found tucker to be essentially honest ( I did have major complaints) I can't tolerate the likes of bILL O/Lou Dobbs or Glenn Beck but I did often catch Tucker just to hear the other side. Yes, I do often catch Olberman and sometimes Chris Mathews but find them lacking in perspective every bit as much as all the other pundits. So sorry most of you seem to find "your side" to be the only pov that should be aired. Smug, I think is the correct term.

I don't mind Republicans on tv - just not pathetic hack Republicans who make poor arguments and cannot meaningfully respond to others.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 12:07 pm
Replacement looks to be David Gregory

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 09:21 pm
Carlson could go some distance in the direction of violating or opposing standard RNC talking points or conservative movement extremisms. I heard him recount that no one had ever lied to his face so baldly as Karen Hughes (she denied his account that Bush, on AF1, had continually used the term "phuck"). On another occasion I witnessed, he expressed disdain to Coulter for her disregard for anything near accuracy.

On the other hand, it makes a good exercise to watch him and Olbermann and contrast how they address or interact with guests on their shows. Olbermann is consistently polite and attentive. I don't think I've ever seen him act in a manner that suggested superiority. That's certainly not true with Carlson.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 07:18 am
no kidding. last week when that female reporter from The Scotsman was on his show he did everything but piss in her face....
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 08:04 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Replacement looks to be David Gregory

Cycloptichorn

Great choice (and he is really cute too) I am surprised that with his duties at the WH that he would have time for this. I think David Schuster was in line for the replacement but the Chelsea indiscretion may have cost him. Gregory probably is taking on a bit to much but he can hang with it for six months.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 08:06 am
dyslexia wrote:

Bill O at least is entertaining. Carlson is simply annoying.
0 Replies