Ya know the Girl from Hillary's fear-mongering ad...

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 04:24 pm
It turns out that the Clinton campaign used stock footage (owned by Getty images) for the cute little girl that Hillary used in her scary "red phone" ad.

Well... it turns out this footage was shot several years ago. The little girl, who will turn 18 in April, is a strong supporter of Barack Obama. She is a precinct captain for Obama in her local caucuses.

At the end of the piece in the link below... she hints that she would be happy to make a new ad that isn't a cheap fear-based attack on the candidate she wants answering the phone in the White House.

I hope we see a new ad soon.

Link to Video with story
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 493 • Replies: 9
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 09:00 pm
Ooohhh. Sounds like a dumb move by the ad people for not checking.

You get stock footage from a stock footage suppier, right? It would seem to me they have records.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 09:04 pm
Nah. There's no way to check that. This is old stock footage. 8 years old. And Royalty free obviously. No one's going to dig up phone records on the models that were used so long ago, children no less, to ask what their political affiliation is today.

This is just one of those fickle fingers of fate that Rowan & Martin used to giggle about. Remember? Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 09:11 pm
Yes. I do.

And I noticed belatedly that it says Getty Images, which no doubt got it second hand - apparently from an old railroad ad.

Still, in the movie business they ask people in filming. Obviously I don't know about ads now, but I'm interested. I've a friend who has a stock company for the movie industry, or did, last I talked to her. Not sure if she keeps that kind of data in her files or not.

I was in commercials as a child and would be pissed to see myself in a political ad now... whether or not I'd be correct to be pissed.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 09:34 pm
You may have every right to be pissed but if a models' release was signed, there's not a whole lot to be done now but sit at home and stew.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 09:47 pm
I believe you.. I know it's easier to use stock and I trust it's much cheaper. But, considering the backfire-ability, how hard is it to shoot one scene..
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 09:50 pm
I'm surprised they would use stock footage too. But with multi-million dollar consultants and 95,000.00 sandwich platters, I guess you've got to cut corners somewhere.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 09:52 pm
Plus all the tape or whatever they use now is filming the candidates running around, leaving none left..
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 05:16 am
eoe wrote:
You may have every right to be pissed but if a models' release was signed, there's not a whole lot to be done now but sit at home and stew.

In this case, there is more she can do but sit home and stew. She has a unique opportunity to speak out against this ad.

I fully expect a new ad featuring this young woman.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 05:25 am
She as much as said she was going to do one when I saw her interviewed yesterday.
0 Replies