Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 02:00 pm
just wanted to ask who believes in life after death? Do you have any proof if so what? Is life preordained or just luck? How many of you believe in the never ender circle or back to Godhead?

I am just looking for answers my self - that is if there is any!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,806 • Replies: 68
No top replies

George

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 02:21 pm
just wanted to ask who believes in life after death?
-- me
Do you have any proof if so what?
-- nope, none
Is life preordained or just luck?
-- beats the hell out of me
How many of you believe in the never ender circle or back to Godhead?
-- not me

...I'm just answering the questions, not looking to debate...
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 02:27 pm
Me too George me too!
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 02:34 pm
I do not want a debate just to get peoples views would be great.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 02:45 pm
Black tulip wrote:
I do not want a debate just to get peoples views would be great.

Nevertheless, stay low and keep your helmet buckled.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 02:52 pm
I have nothing that anyone would consider scientific proof, but I've had enough strange experiences to make me think there is something beyond our earthly life. I'll come back here when I have more time to elaborate.
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 03:52 pm
I'm currently part of a 10-psychic team that is currently meeting once a month doing group chats with dead people. Last month we focused on a lot of very famous people we wanted to meet; JFK, Abraham Lincoln, Oscar Wilde, William Shakespeare, Teddy Roosevelt, The Queen Mother and Princess Diana, and several others showed up and we had a nice talk. It still sounds weird to me too, but if I didn't see them with my own third eye I wouldn't believe it either.

So that's a definitive YES that I believe in an afterlife, but not the heaven-type image that religion often teaches.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 04:00 pm
Green Witch wrote:
I have nothing that anyone would consider scientific proof, but I've had enough strange experiences to make me think there is something beyond our earthly life. I'll come back here when I have more time to elaborate.

I'll bet a tub of wooden nickels she doesn't show.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 04:01 pm
Green Witch likes to entice. (For all the new members here)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 04:02 pm
<checks watch... nods head in silent confirmation>
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 04:26 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

Does she mean she will come back "here" to this thread?

Or does she mean that she will come back "here" to this Earth?

From the post (and the topic)... it isn't exactly clear what she meant.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 04:42 pm
Re: life after death
Black tulip wrote:
just wanted to ask who believes in life after death? Do you have any proof if so what? Is life preordained or just luck? How many of you believe in the never ender circle or back to Godhead?

I am just looking for answers my self - that is if there is any!

I do, but not in the usual sense. My mother died years ago but she is still here with me, as is her mother before her, hers before her, and all those who came before me. I think we have one physical life to make a difference (positive or negative, hopefully positive) but the effects of our actions will live on in those we leave behind. The differences we make may affect a small few or all of humanity, but we live on in what we leave in our aftermath. No proof, other than I know in my heart that I have guides as I walk along the path that is my life.

My life is neither preordained nor luck. There have been crossroads and conscious choices made. A few seconds of second guessing the choice are quickly set aside with a shrug and a look forward. I firmly believe in learning from the past but looking to the future.

I'm not familiar with the term never ender circle but I'm guessing my thoughts lean more toward that than Godhead.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 05:05 pm
gus :

i hope you'll have the time when green witch comes a'knockin' !

Quote:
I'll come back here when I have more time

this is what may happen when you have time on your hands !!! Laughing

MILLER TIME !
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 04:29 am
I have had unexplained experiences and am not sure. Yes, I really did used to believe but now unless it hits me in the face, am skeptical! I used to belong to a parapsychology group and I we never proofed anything, other than people's electricity made things happen.

Talking to Teddy R etc now that would be interesting did you talk to these people.

Green witch your welcome anytime!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 01:32 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

I'll bet a tub of wooden nickels that you don't have a tub of wooden nickels.

gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Green Witch likes to entice. (For all the new members here)

Hey, I'm not the one that forgot to take the little blue pill.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 01:32 pm
BlackTulip, I'm not a particularly religious person, but I like to think there is someone bigger, smarter, stronger and more compassionate than the human race somewhere in the universe. I hope this entity is "keeping score" and that there is justice somewhere. That sums up my spiritual beliefs.

I've had a few experiences in my life that could only be called mystical and I've had family members of good character who have had a number of experiences involving the departed. They all sound like ghost stories- and perhaps they are.

I've posted some of my own experiences on this forum in the past, and I'm not sure I have the energy to type them out again. Following are two events that were not my personal experience, but my paternal grandmother's. My grandmother was what I call "a mechanical Jew", I don't think she had strong faith, but she never missed the chance to perform a ritual. She was not someone given to story telling or fantasy, and I doubt she read more than a handful of novels in her lifetime. Jews do not have a strong belief in a heavenly afterlife like Christians.

----------
My US born grandmother spent the summers of her youth with a cousin in Austria. They were like sisters. My grandmother stopped visiting sometime in the early 1930's when she started her own family. When Hitler came to power, my grandparents tried to get this cousin and her family to emigrate to the US, but the cousin did not believe they would be a target of the Nazis'. Although cousin "R" was Jewish, she was married to a Christian who was also a well known musician. She was also blonde and blue-eyed and had obtained documentation that hid her Jewish family background. She made it clear to her US family that she felt safe. Sometime around 1940 my grandmother lost contact with her cousin. It was as if she had disappeared.

On April 12, 1942 my grandmother was baking a birthday cake for one of her children. It was very early morning and the sun was just starting to come up. Her kitchen had a large east facing window and the sun beamed in strongly at that hour. She suddenly heard someone weeping in great sobs and she looked up expecting to see her youngest daughter who was a bit of drama queen. Instead, she described what she saw as an emaciated "transparent" figure walking out from behind the sunbeam. The woman was crying and holding out her arms to my grandmother. My grandmother recognized the woman as her cousin "R".The apparition was trying to tell her sometime in between the crying and my grandmother thought she was trying to say "I love you". My grandmother felt what she described as "a wave of love". My grandmother was terrified because she knew she was not seeing a living person and the vision indicated her cousin was dead. She said the whole thing lasted under a minute.

After the war, my grandparents did extensive searches to find lost European family members. One of the things they discovered was cousin "R" was executed on April 12, 1942 in a Polish concentration camp.

---------------------------
1968- My great grandmother (GG) had been in a nursing facility but begged her daughter (same grandmother as mentioned above) to let her die in her own bed, and so the family brought her home. My GG had had a series of strokes and could not easily move or speak. My grandmother was sitting with my GG doing needlepoint when she notice my GG shivering like she was cold. She went into the hallway next to the bedroom to get a blanket from the linen closet. When she turned to go back in, she could see the bed where my GG lay. She clearly saw a man in the room with his back to her, but facing my GG. My grandmother froze in terror thinking there was an intruder in the house. The man then reached down and seemed to be lifting my GG out of bed. As he did so, he turned and my grandmother realized it was her father who had died almost twenty years earlier. In that instant he was gone and my GG was just lying in bed. My grandmother went over to her and saw she was not breathing and had passed. My grandmother always believed her father had come to take her mother to wherever it is we go when our bodies can no longer hold onto our life force. My grandmother said it brought her deep comfort to know they were reunited.

-----------------------------------

On a personal note, I think our spiritual selves are like bacteria in pre-modern times. Bacteria has always been a part of human existence, in good and bad ways. Before modern science, people thought the work of bacteria was the work of gods and devils. Now we know better that an unseen world can exist and influence us in ways that are not the demands of God or Satan. I think one day we will understand our spiritual components in the same way we understand bacteria. Not very romantic, I admit, but it's the best I have at this time.

Wheew, I think this is my longest post ever.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 09:15 pm
1. Yes I believe in an afterlife.
2. I have faith there is one based on what the Bible says.
3. I do not believe in predestination. I believe we have free will.
4. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Ok, Curtis, I'm very curious. You believe in talking to the dead but you seem to have rejected the God of the Bible (I think that is what you posted somewhere. If it wasn't you, please just ignore this.) Why would you believe in talking to the dead but not in the God of the Bible?
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 06:33 am
Thank you Green witch for sharing the stories with me. I did experience a "wave of Love" the other day out walk and it went as quickly as it came but it was all encompassing, I was unsure if this was just my mind paying tricks or what it was.

A friend and I have just put together a wicker man to burn at the interring of my husbands ashes at the end of the Month. It was very therapeutic working with the willow and weaving. The wicker man is about 8 feet tall and will have ribbons tied on by participants.

I do not believe in the Bible I am afraid, as it is full of contradictions and after all it was written by men a long time afterwards! Do think there was someone called Jesus who was a healer though and not the son of man. Sorry to upset some folks but that is just what I think. I do not indoctrinate people, just the facts as I see them

I have looked at, attended many different religions and I find it hard to believe in any apart from the Nature based.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:47 pm
Black tulip wrote:
Thank you Green witch for sharing the stories with me. I did experience a "wave of Love" the other day out walk and it went as quickly as it came but it was all encompassing, I was unsure if this was just my mind paying tricks or what it was.

Keep open to such experiences and I think you will find things like this just happen. I have had enough of them personally to know they are real, just unexplainable.

Black tulip wrote:
A friend and I have just put together a wicker man to burn at the interring of my husbands ashes at the end of the Month. It was very therapeutic working with the willow and weaving. The wicker man is about 8 feet tall and will have ribbons tied on by participants.

Rituals are good. They seem invite the departed back into your space. I've also found that doing something as simple as lighting a candle to represent the loved one is comforting.

Black tulip wrote:
I have looked at, attended many different religions and I find it hard to believe in any apart from the Nature based.

I'm a bit of pagan myself. I find that nature brings out the best of me in the spiritual sense. Part of my profession is doing "remembrance gardens". We create a garden that becomes a living representation of the departed with keys to that person's personality and preferences in the plants and sculpture we use. If you don't have space, a single tree will do or donate a tree to local botanical garden or park in honor of the person. It becomes a nicer place than a cemetery to make a pilgrimage.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 06:42 pm
I think death is most likely death. That's why it's called death.

Some people don't think that sounds like fun, so they choose to find another happier definition.
0 Replies