Black tulip

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 04:13 pm
BDV I think I tend to agree with you there, on all of it.

I was told that just because the physical body dies there is energy of the person left and it is this concept that is difficult to understand or comprehend. I don't know if that is true or not, I have no proof and I don't think anyone does.

I asked my husband a while back, if he died before me to come back and let me know that there is something after but I have had nothing. Yes, I have had a few strange things but this could just be my mind. We will never know truly, until the inevitable happens to us.

Why is it when mediums say they have someone there for you and say very mundane things. Why don't they just say I have so and so here and here is the one thing that can prove it, and say something only you and the dead person knows. So am not convinced with these so called mediums either!
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:24 pm
I used to date a girl who was a medium, but now I hear she's an extra large.

Anyway, the plural would be "media" wouldn't it?
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 03:56 am
Could be X
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 04:30 pm
Black tulip wrote:
BDV I think I tend to agree with you there, on all of it.

I was told that just because the physical body dies there is energy of the person left and it is this concept that is difficult to understand or comprehend. I don't know if that is true or not, I have no proof and I don't think anyone does.

I asked my husband a while back, if he died before me to come back and let me know that there is something after but I have had nothing. Yes, I have had a few strange things but this could just be my mind. We will never know truly, until the inevitable happens to us.

Why is it when mediums say they have someone there for you and say very mundane things. Why don't they just say I have so and so here and here is the one thing that can prove it, and say something only you and the dead person knows. So am not convinced with these so called mediums either!

I do believe that many mediums have done/tried this, the biggest problem today is getting anybody to seriously study life after death as most scientist seem to be atheists, so why research something that to them already does not exist. Theres quite a few books on amazon that cover the subject, some being really silly, but others which are completely serious, user reviews usually give you the right way to go.

As for people who have died, what if they are unaware that they are dead, so why communicate information to a living person when they are already alive.

I think one of the biggest problems with life after death experiences is that they seem to be heavily mixed up with religious dogmas and superstition, if its not how the bible says it to be then its a lie. The journey is personal, and a truely personal experience. Remember its only you that dies.
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Sun 4 May, 2008 02:35 pm
BDV, how true! Although I had a very strange dream the other night which I can not interpret, my husband met me in the dream he was in a grey suit but looked older, he didn't speak to me but hugged me. I told him that I knew he had had heart attack, but it's ok I have some tablets to help, they were made of sunflower oil. He still never said a word and went.

I woke thinking all was ok then realised that he was not here that he had died and thought oh god I would have to feel the pain again.

May be there is something but none of us will ever truly know until that fateful day. I will wait for that day to see him again X No morbidity here just need to feel and know that I will be with him again.

My children said this evening that they were so pleased that they had wonderful parents bought tears to my eyes. Sorry just deviated from the subject in hand

X
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sun 4 May, 2008 03:33 pm
I read somewhat into spirituality in the past, as with all things i could never guarantee that it is of any meaning, but nor can i say its rubbish. I believe its called trapped soul or something, a deceased soul being attached to the material world finds it hard to let go, they visit dreams, become ghosts etc etc, the best thing for you to do in your dream is to inform your husband that he has passed away, you are safe and well and in the good hands of your children, and that he should continue his journey and not worry about you. If it gives one peace of mind then i say anything is worth a try.

Oh and tell the husband i said hi Smile

Black tulip wrote:
BDV, how true! Although I had a very strange dream the other night which I can not interpret, my husband met me in the dream he was in a grey suit but looked older, he didn't speak to me but hugged me. I told him that I knew he had had heart attack, but it's ok I have some tablets to help, they were made of sunflower oil. He still never said a word and went.

I woke thinking all was ok then realised that he was not here that he had died and thought oh god I would have to feel the pain again.

May be there is something but none of us will ever truly know until that fateful day. I will wait for that day to see him again X No morbidity here just need to feel and know that I will be with him again.

My children said this evening that they were so pleased that they had wonderful parents bought tears to my eyes. Sorry just deviated from the subject in hand

X
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Sun 4 May, 2008 03:35 pm
Thanks BDV, you certainly made me smile.

I think you are right, I am not sure he knows that he has passed on. X
0 Replies

IFeelFree

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 06:37 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Let me repeat my position on this question of life after death. I do not believe in life-after-dying. That's absurd. Without a living body and an active brain there cannot be a conscious existence.

How do you know that?
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 04:17 pm
IFeelFree wrote:
JLNobody wrote:
Let me repeat my position on this question of life after death. I do not believe in life-after-dying. That's absurd. Without a living body and an active brain there cannot be a conscious existence.

How do you know that?

Exactly, so where is the consious in the brain? is there no radio broadcasts if you don't have a radio ?
0 Replies