Samantha Power speaks out to Irish news outlet RTE

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 10:48 am
Samantha Power speaks out to Irish news outlet RTE
3/8/08

"Of course I regret them, I can't even believe they came out of my mouth. The campaign was getting very tense, and I -- in every public appearance I've ever made talking about Senator Clinton, I have sung her praises as the leader she's been, the intellect. She's also incredibly warm, funny. I've spent time with her. I think that I just had a very weak moment in seeing some of the tactics, it seems, that were getting employed. I was just afraid really that the campaign would not stay at the level it had been on and I let out in a wave of frustration."

Read article and watch video:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/06/samantha-power-resigns-ov_n_90339.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 414 • Replies: 3
No top replies

engineer

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 07:57 am
I'm surprised she resigned over this. Of course a mea culpa is required, but it's not like she called her a terrorist, a traitor, etc. That some in the Obama camp see Clinton in a less than flattering light is no surprise at this point in the campaign.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 08:00 am
engineer wrote:
I'm surprised she resigned over this. Of course a mea culpa is required, but it's not like she called her a terrorist, a traitor, etc. That some in the Obama camp see Clinton in a less than flattering light is no surprise at this point in the campaign.
agreed
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 09:01 am
engineer wrote:

It's no suprise that they see he in a "less than flattering light", but maybe the calculation was against the chances that the Clinton camp would find more ways to leverage her comments to their advantage, if she didn't step down quickly.
0 Replies