Why is Rezko sticking to Obama but not the "others"?

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 09:59 pm
I'm not sure why the Rezko thing is sticking to Obama so hard when Tony had financial connections with both Bill Clinton (and, by proxy, Hillary) and Dubya.
There is even a photograph circulating of Rezko, Bill and Hillary which was displayed by Matt Lauer on his show.
Rezo organized a multi-million dollar fund raiser for GW Bush....is this serously as "dirty" as Obama can be made out to be?? Obama has connections with a man who is also connected to myriad of other high profile public figures, including 2 past presidents and 2 presidential nominees.

Am I missing something here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 740 • Replies: 12
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 08:14 am
It's not that it's sticking, it's that they keep throwing the same mudball at him over and over again hoping that it will stick. Persistence keeps it in the news. At some point people will assume that the fact that it's in the news so much means that there must be something there (where there's smoke there's fire and all that) but the fact is that Obama is not alleged to have done anything wrong. People with means and agenda have already dug into this and found nothing. And if we are going to assign guilt by association then Hillary should brace herself.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 08:26 am
Well, Rezko is from Chicago and so is Obama, the connection is obvious.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 08:34 am
Rezko's ties to Clinton are minimal. Rosalynn Carter, wife of Jimmy Carter, had her picture taken with serial killer John Wayne Gacy. That didn't make her a mass murderer.

On the other hand, there is simply no scandal linking Rezko to Obama, despite the prodigious efforts of some in the local media to find one. John Kass, a columnist for the Tribune, has been particularly fond of beating that drum, but he has found nothing more than what has already been reported. In short, Obama got a favorable real estate deal from Rezko. No public funds were involved, no breach of the public trust occurred, no laws were broken. It was a purely private transaction. It may have a vague appearance of impropriety, and Obama has acknowledged that it was "dumb," but as scandals go it's pretty feeble.

Gov. Rod Blagojevich, in contrast, is up to his elbows in the Rezko matter, and probably has the most to worry about. Around here, we're all wondering why he hasn't been indicted already.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 09:16 am
Well, I'm following the Obama "scandals" closely...especially the one involving Canada's conservative government.

These "scandals" are both so benign and irrelevant that it shocks me that they have even lasted a day. Even after the Canadians revealed that the information coming from the PMO, or below the PMO, was false or misleading, the radio and television pundits still continue to run with it.

I think thsi will have some damning effects on the Obama campaign....and the Harper government will be snickering, yet again, behind their usually closed doors.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 09:30 am
Clinton dirty tricks.

The Clinton's are pulling no punches and are doing anything they can possibly do to try to seize the nomination.

The Rezko thing... the Canada thing... and now the pandering to McCain.

The question is whether there is anything she won't do.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 10:45 am
Well, it's unfortunate that the Clinton machine doesn't distinguish between a democrat and a republican in their attacks....but these scandals have become a love affair for all the right wing pundits as well.

It just goes to show you that a "good story" trumps "good facts". Obama is clean, but I'll bet he loses the nomination due in part to the momentum Clinton gained as a result of having these non-issues presented as deficiencies in the Obama camp.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:48 am
http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/432197,CST-NWS-OBAMA18.ARTICLE
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:51 am

Page can not be found.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:54 am
ebrown_p wrote:

Yes, there is one thing she will not do. She won't disassocate herself from her husband's coattails and stand on her own two feet.

Why is that?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:56 am
Sorry. This is the correct listing.
Http:www.suntimes.com/news/politics/432197,CST-MWS-obama18.article
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 12:04 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Yes, there is one thing she will not do. She won't disassocate herself from her husband's coattails and stand on her own two feet.

Why is that?

Probably worthy of a thread of it's own....but I'm just curious why a non-issue, or 2 non-issues could likely cost Obama the nomination.

This is what pisses me off the most about the media and the public who lap up what their news provider feeds them. Obama has not been implicated of any wrongdoing vis a vis Rezko, yet we still hear about it. Rezko was associated with many high profile public figures, but nary a peep has been made about their associations with him....save the one mentioned on page 1 of this thread.

The NAFTA/Canada leak has been officially debunked yet the MSM keeps it alive as though the initial account was in fact true.

I don't get it.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 01:52 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Why is that?

She has been riding his coattails since they were in college.
I dont think she actually knows how to stand on her own.
0 Replies