ain't we got fun?

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 07:45 am
What I'm seeing is that all of the candidates and many a2k political posters are becoming more and more engaged in a circle suicide. I believe it's time to get out the 44 magnums.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 477 • Replies: 9
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 07:49 am
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 07:51 am
CTV, the well-regarded Canadian news network, reported this week that a top Obama adviser contacted the Canadian government to calm fears that the senator was serious about rewriting pro-corporate deals such as the North American Free Trade Agreement to benefit workers, farmers and the environment. According to CTV, the Obama adviser told the Canadians that "when Senator Obama talks about opting out of the free trade deal, the Canadian government shouldn't worry. The operative said it was just campaign rhetoric not to be taken seriously."
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 08:00 am
Hillary will never be able to shake her 2002 vote for the Iraq war resolution yes she can't stop trying to spin it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 08:25 am
She should just say she made a mistake and move on. People do make mistakes, after all. Guess that's too sensible.

[Just wanted to make you feel like you're not posting by yourself Smile ]
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 09:02 am
dyslexia wrote:
CTV, the well-regarded Canadian news network, reported this week that a top Obama adviser contacted the Canadian government to calm fears that the senator was serious about rewriting pro-corporate deals such as the North American Free Trade Agreement to benefit workers, farmers and the environment. According to CTV, the Obama adviser told the Canadians that "when Senator Obama talks about opting out of the free trade deal, the Canadian government shouldn't worry. The operative said it was just campaign rhetoric not to be taken seriously."

I thought this circulated a few weeks ago and was debunked. Then it was an Obama official contacting the Canadian embassy.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 09:13 am
engineer wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

I thought this circulated a few weeks ago and was debunked. Then it was an Obama official contacting the Canadian embassy.
yeah it is a bit confusing as yesterday the canadians apologised saying it was actually them who contacted Obama staff and then (somehow) released a memo describing the meeting content. Obama has made several comments contradicting each other.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 09:16 am
BBB
Joe Biden for President - I wish.

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 05:46 pm
I don't read what the candidates have to say in the heat of an election, as they will say whatever it takes to get votes. If I don't aleady have my mind made up before the process gets in full swing, I find out about the candidates by other means.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 05:53 pm
dys wrote :

Quote:
yeah it is a bit confusing as yesterday the canadians apologised saying it was actually them who contacted Obama staff and then (somehow) released a memo describing the meeting content. Obama has made several comments contradicting each other.

it's"almost" funny how canada gets even a mention in the campaign , but candidates always need to present a new angle in their campaigns .
i can assure you that it's no different in canadian campaigns :wink: .
hbg
0 Replies