Oil wars Pentagon's policy since 1999

Zippo

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 12:02 pm
According to the report, Strategic Assessment 1999, prepared for the US Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Secretary of Defense, "energy and resource issues will continue to shape international security".

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/05/19/1053196528488.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 511 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 11:49 am
The article is from an Australian source ("au" in the web address) and the spelling is not American spelling in the article. Like I really will listen to foreign news sources about American policy. Give me American news sources.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 11:59 am
Yeah. The nerve of foreigners having opinions on American foreign policy anyway.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 01:49 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Yeah. The nerve of foreigners having opinions on American foreign policy anyway.

Foreign countries may obviously have their opinions on American foreign policy; however, one shouldn't believe that all Americans are going to value those opinions, since they may not reflect the best interests of America within those opinions. But, if the original post was just to show that there are foreign opinions about American foreign policy, then I can just reply, "How nice!" I think it's wonderful that other countries are aware that the United States has a foreign policy that may be of interest.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 03:24 pm
Foofie
If you check history you will find that most of the wars we have been involved in were because of U.S. froiegn business problems that the common man fought in for the relief of said business interests.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 03:43 pm
rabel22 wrote:
Foofie
If you check history you will find that most of the wars we have been involved in were because of U.S. froiegn business problems that the common man fought in for the relief of said business interests.

You cant be serious!!!

What about the American Revolution?
What "foreign business problems" were involved there?

What about the war of 1812?
The Civil War?

Show me the "foreign business problems" involved in those 3 wars.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 03:59 pm
mysteryman wrote:
rabel22 wrote:
Foofie

You cant be serious!!!

What about the American Revolution?
What "foreign business problems" were involved there?

What about the war of 1812?
The Civil War?

Show me the "foreign business problems" involved in those 3 wars.

Learn to read. The key word there is 'most'. Laughing
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 04:02 pm
Foofie wrote:
The article is from an Australian source ("au" in the web address) and the spelling is not American spelling in the article. Like I really will listen to foreign news sources about American policy. Give me American news sources.

Australians are our allies. Why do you not trust our allies?

Do you also disbelieve Israel?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 06:12 pm
Almost all wars.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 06:59 pm
Zippo wrote:
Foofie wrote:

Australians are our allies. Why do you not trust our allies?

Do you also disbelieve Israel?

Correct; I only trust America. Israel, Australia, and every other country in the U.N. have their own interests at heart.

Zippo, if you are an American, I am concerned about your safety and welfare, not anyone of a foreign nationality. I wish them no harm; however, I'm only concerned about the safety and welfare of Americans. Call me myopic.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 07:03 pm
rabel22 wrote:
Foofie

And why, if that was true, make me think anything differently of the United States? I think it's time again for a copy from Wikipedia:

The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.", should be rendered by standing at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 02:31 pm
What the hell has The Pledge of Allegance got to do with fighting stupid foreign wars.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 07:02 pm
rabel22 wrote:
What the hell has The Pledge of Allegance got to do with fighting stupid foreign wars.

I pledge allegiance to the flag. That means I am not quick to call "foreign wars stupid." There might be reasons way beyond my ken. I pledge allegiance to the flag with that humility, since I don't know everything about everything on foreign wars. So, pledging allegiance to the flag is my ritual of faith that foreign wars may very well be good for America; perhaps, not me specifically, but then again, the world does not revolve around me.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 07:36 am
Re: Oil wars Pentagon's policy since 1999
Zippo wrote:
According to the report, Strategic Assessment 1999, prepared for the US Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Secretary of Defense, "energy and resource issues will continue to shape international security".

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/05/19/1053196528488.html

Profound, isn't it?

Where have they been for the past 40 years?
0 Replies