Obama's Plan For American Security

maporsche

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 09:37 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Is this his current position, or is it his position from 1999?

Do you know for sure?

My guess is no, and merely are just smearing him any way you can figure out how.

I'm sorry, is he an entirely different person in 2008?

Has he denounced this position that he took sometime in the last 9-10 years?

Don't I hear you critize Clinton for things that she did/said over 9-10 years ago?

Oh, damn it, I forgot.......Obama can't be held accountable for things he's said or done......he's the Messiah.

I wonder if the sane people in this country will give Obama the same 'pass' that you seem to always do.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 10:06 pm
maporsche wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Obama's Plan For American Security.....is to ban ALL handguns from it's citizens.

How many threads are you going to post this lie on?

You are really getting desperate these days.

Cycloptichorn

I posted where it's not a lie on the first thread.

Here's a little lesson in logic for you.
P1. Obama supports banning ALL semi-automatic weapons.
P2. 99.9999% of handguns are semi-automatic (effectively ALL).
/ Therefore Obama supports banning (effectively) ALL handguns.

Errr.. no. There are several studies and stastical reports out from various sources (sales, registrations, NCIC sales approvals, etc..) and your "P2" is off the mark. The numbers have been fairly consistant over the last 10 years and when looking at handgun sales the range is 68%-75% for semi-automatics. A large percentage, but not quite your 99.9999%.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 10:21 pm
fishin wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Obama's Plan For American Security.....is to ban ALL handguns from it's citizens.

How many threads are you going to post this lie on?

You are really getting desperate these days.

Cycloptichorn

I posted where it's not a lie on the first thread.

Here's a little lesson in logic for you.
P1. Obama supports banning ALL semi-automatic weapons.
P2. 99.9999% of handguns are semi-automatic (effectively ALL).
/ Therefore Obama supports banning (effectively) ALL handguns.

Errr.. no. There are several studies and stastical reports out from various sources (sales, registrations, NCIC sales approvals, etc..) and your "P2" is off the mark. The numbers have been fairly consistant over the last 10 years and when looking at handgun sales the range is 68%-75% for semi-automatics. A large percentage, but not quite your 99.9999%.

I was grouping double-action revolvers in with other semi-automatics since they are effectively the same thing (I understand the mechanical differences).

You're right though, D/A revolvers and 'semi-automatic' hand guns probably only combine for 95% of handgun sales.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 10:37 pm
maporsche wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Is this his current position, or is it his position from 1999?

Do you know for sure?

My guess is no, and merely are just smearing him any way you can figure out how.

I'm sorry, is he an entirely different person in 2008?

Has he denounced this position that he took sometime in the last 9-10 years?

Don't I hear you critize Clinton for things that she did/said over 9-10 years ago?

Oh, damn it, I forgot.......Obama can't be held accountable for things he's said or done......he's the Messiah.

I wonder if the sane people in this country will give Obama the same 'pass' that you seem to always do.

Why don't you see if you can find a post of mine where I criticize Clinton for ANYTHING she did or thought 9-10 years ago.

Go ahead. I really dare you to.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 05:14 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
You need to be able to explain why it should give one pause

Cycloptichorn- Much as you would like to, I will not be put on the defensive. I don't need to explain anything. Accept it or reject the clip as you wish. And that is all I will say about it!

Suit yourself but you now have no credibility.

I am not concerned about personal credibility. I do not get into political arguments very often, and normally I think of them as exercises in mental masturbation.

My concern is that the people who are advocating so strongly for Obama are missing something very important. I think that the piece speaks for itself.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 07:35 am
But the rub, Phoenix, is that you see the piece as a negative while I, and other Obama supporters, see it as a positive. You or anyone who seriously thinks that his desire, as president, is to weaken our military and our defense to a point where we cannot defend ourselves, is deluding themselves and searching desperately, DESPERATELY, for reasons, ANY reason, even something as lame as this, to use against him.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 07:41 am
eoe wrote:
But the rub, Phoenix, is that you see the piece as a negative while I, and other Obama supporters, see it as a positive. You or anyone who seriously thinks that his desire, as president, is to weaken our military and our defense to a point where we cannot defend ourselves, is deluding themselves and searching desperately, DESPERATELY, for reasons, ANY reason, even something as lame as this, to use against him.

Hey, one man's meat is another man's poison. You don't seem to think that weakening our defense positions as serious. I do. There is nothing more to be said. History will either prove me out, or show that I am talking through my hat. I just don't want to be around when the axe falls.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 07:43 am
Yep. Henry Kissinger is known for his silly, idealistic, pie-in-the-sky approach to foreign policy and security issues.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 08:00 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
eoe wrote:

Hey, one man's meat is another man's poison. You don't
seem to think that weakening our defense positions as serious. I do. There is nothing more to be said. History will either prove me out, or show that I am talking through my hat. I just don't want to be around when the axe falls.

But he's not "weakening" our defense positions. He's talking in terms of trimming the excess fat. And surely you know about the excess fat? We've got the arsenal to blow up the world 100 times over. Do we need the ability to blow it up 150 times over? 200 times over? 300?

I for one would rather see hungry children get at least one decent meal a day. I'd rather see our veterans taken care of with dignity and respect. I'd rather see the infrastructures of our decaying cities built up. I'd rather see art programs and music programs back in the schools.
Forgive me, these are just off the top of my head...
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 08:29 am
eoe wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
eoe wrote:

seem to think that weakening our defense positions as serious. I do. There is nothing more to be said. History will either prove me out, or show that I am talking through my hat. I just don't want to be around when the axe falls.

But he's not "weakening" our defense positions. He's talking in terms of trimming the excess fat. And surely you know about the excess fat? We've got the arsenal to blow up the world 100 times over. Do we need the ability to blow it up 150 times over? 200 times over? 300?

I for one would rather see hungry children get at least one decent meal a day. I'd rather see our veterans taken care of with dignity and respect. I'd rather see the infrastructures of our decaying cities built up. I'd rather see art programs and music programs back in the schools.

He is advocating weakening our defense positions, immediate pullout in Iraq, selling out American interests to 3rd world nations (He will speak to anyone at anytime and apologize for everything). How you equate that to transferring costs to other areas is, well...naive.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 08:46 am
Okay. First, I'm the one talking about transferring costs so let's not smear that on him. That's my own "naivete".
In the 52 sec. clip, which i just watched again to be sure, I heard nothing about selling our interest to 3rd world nations not did I hear him say that he would apologize for everything. I didn't hear the word apology at all. Did I miss something?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 09:27 am
woiyo wrote:
eoe wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
eoe wrote:

He is advocating weakening our defense positions, immediate pullout in Iraq, selling out American interests to 3rd world nations (He will speak to anyone at anytime and apologize for everything). How you equate that to transferring costs to other areas is, well...naive.

He's not advocating weakening our defensive position in the slightest; OR immediately pulling out of Iraq. You're just making **** up.

And yes, he will speak to foreign leaders. Why not? The whole 'ooh, it gives them prestige' argument is BS. These guys already have a lock on their own country, what the hell is more prestige going to do for them? Put them even MORE in charge? Doesn't make sense.

You can't call other people Naive when you are making stuff up, man.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 10:15 am
Kissinger ensorses McCain as the best person to lead this nation - that includes leading on matters of national security.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 11:40 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:
eoe wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
eoe wrote:

He's not advocating weakening our defensive position in the slightest; OR immediately pulling out of Iraq. You're just making **** up.

And yes, he will speak to foreign leaders. Why not? The whole 'ooh, it gives them prestige' argument is BS. These guys already have a lock on their own country, what the hell is more prestige going to do for them? Put them even MORE in charge? Doesn't make sense.

Cycloptichorn

From his web site.

Bringing Our Troops Home

Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months. Obama will make it clear that we will not build any permanent bases in Iraq. He will keep some troops in Iraq to protect our embassy and diplomats; if al Qaeda attempts to build a base within Iraq, he will keep troops in Iraq or elsewhere in the region to carry out targeted strikes on al Qaeda.
Press Iraq's Leaders to Reconcile

Secure Loose Nuclear Materials from Terrorists: Obama will secure all loose nuclear materials in the world within four years. While we work to secure existing stockpiles of nuclear material, Obama will negotiate a verifiable global ban on the production of new nuclear weapons material. This will deny terrorists the ability to steal or buy loose nuclear materials.

(Editorial - How will he do this?)

Reverse Bush Tax Cuts for the Wealthy: Obama will protect tax cuts for poor and middle class families, but he will reverse most of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest taxpayers.

(Editorial - He classifies anyone making 75K or more rich)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 11:52 am
woiyo wrote:
From his web site.

Bringing Our Troops Home

Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months. Obama will make it clear that we will not build any permanent bases in Iraq. He will keep some troops in Iraq to protect our embassy and diplomats; if al Qaeda attempts to build a base within Iraq, he will keep troops in Iraq or elsewhere in the region to carry out targeted strikes on al Qaeda.

Halleluah. An end to this bullshit war.

woiyo wrote:
Secure Loose Nuclear Materials from Terrorists: Obama will secure all loose nuclear materials in the world within four years. While we work to secure existing stockpiles of nuclear material, Obama will negotiate a verifiable global ban on the production of new nuclear weapons material. This will deny terrorists the ability to steal or buy loose nuclear materials.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Everybody just STOP the production. Let's sit down and talk about it. I'll bring the sweet potato pie. What can I put you down for?

woiyo wrote:
Reverse Bush Tax Cuts for the Wealthy: Obama will protect tax cuts for poor and middle class families, but he will reverse most of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest taxpayers.

Who said 75K was his limit? I'd like to see that in print somewhere. Other than woiyo's personal editorial.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:12 pm
Quote:
woiyo wrote:

eoe wrote:
Sounds like a good plan to me. Everybody just STOP the production. Let's sit down and talk about it. I'll bring the sweet potato pie. What can I put you down for?

Damn. I said that I did not want to become involved in this, but I have to address your remark. When I read that post, eoe, the first thing that came into my mind was the tune from, "On the Good Ship, Lollipop".

What a lovely idea. I would LOVE it if there were an end to war, and everyone lived in peace. (Now I am hearing the tune from "Kumbaya"). I am also a realist. Obama wants to stop nuclear production, but he can't force other countries to follow suit.

So I could imagine a scenario, where we would all be good little girls and boys, and play nice, and the bullies would be right outside the schoolyard, just lying in wait for us to go by.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:14 pm
"Sen. Obama explained, "We're going to provide tax relief to those making 75,000 dollars or less. The average family will get at least a thousand dollars in tax breaks and a larger mortgage deduction if they don't itemize on their tax returns."

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=139212

Not me, and probably not you. We are RICH according to Obama.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:20 pm
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:
eoe wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
eoe wrote:

Cycloptichorn

From his web site.

Bringing Our Troops Home

(Editorial - How will he do this?)

So, you agree that he won't be pulling out of Iraq immediately?

First editorial: through a global effort to do so. It's called 'diplomacy,' you may remember it from several years back.

Second editorial: Anyone who makes more then 75k a year in individual income IS rich. Sorry to have to point that out to you. Not insanely wealthy, but well off.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:22 pm
woiyo- But of course. Obama's main constituency are those who think 75 grand is RICH. It is all a matter of numbers. People who don't have, love to get something from people whom they think do, even if those "rich" people are struggling to pay mortgages, and put their kids through college.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:27 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
woiyo- But of course. Obama's main constituency are those who think 75 grand is RICH. It is all a matter of numbers. People who don't have, love to get something from people whom they think do, even if those "rich" people are struggling to pay mortgages, and put their kids through college.

Funny, my parents have never combined for much more then 75k in their lives; and they have a house which is paid off, cars, and three kids who are either in or through college. How the hell do they make it, if other people are struggling so much?

The answer is simple: They live within their means.

Actually, upon study, I haven't found any evidence that Obama is planning on raising the taxes all that much on people who make more then 75k per year. The vast majority of the higher taxes are assessed from those who make above 165k or so.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies