What is america?

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 03:13 pm
I woke up this morning and got a glass of yellow water, threw it out and went back to sleep. i wanted to cook a top ramen, but my stove didnt work.
I wanted to make a good living but i make more money on unemployment than at any of the jobs i have had interviews at.

Ive been working since i was 16. and its sad that selling drugs is a more viable economic opportunity than a hard days work. Not to mention more accessible.

i want to read about the history of this country, my homeland. but all i see is an ungrateful population who didnt want to pay taxes so they attacked the hand that fed it, a society who decimated an entire culture of indigenous people in order to steal their land, who meddled with the entire asian marketplace. who fought a civil war with itself for freedom but refuses to let another country do the same thing.

To be honest, i dislike america. Now i know why. its is merely a wannabe empire, with no moral or ethical restraints. Except it is reaching the limit of its economic capacity and so will be humbled before the market and the globe after its military engine runs out of fuel.

This country needs to simply grow up. We are still naive my friends, very naive indeed. Hopefully whoever wins the election will be able to put aside greed and fight off corruption. otherwise all you middle class people will be forced into poverty, possibly. The housing bubble, the dollar is weakened, the credit crunch, oil over 100 a barrel, AN UNWINNABLE WAR, reduced consumer spending the list goes on and on.

is that a risk you want to deal with? your LIFE is the dollar. some say money doesnt buy happiness, but without it you will never have happiness, unless your a parasite, or a bandit. Or a drug salesman, You cannot deny the truth of this. your entire well-being resides in the faith of our population in the dollar, THAT IS THE ESSENCE OF CURRENCY, TRUST IN THE GOV'T IN POWER.

Can you trust the united states government? Do you think they have whats best in mind for you, or everyone else? I don't, and i dont feel like a conspiracy theorist, im accepting the fact the humans are in charge, and humans can be very evil, greedy malicious and dishonest, as well as kind loving and caring.

heres hoping that we survive economically. Our lives depend on it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 890 • Replies: 12
No top replies

hanno

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 07:32 pm
why didn't ya drink the yellow water you lightweight?
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 07:35 pm
Re: What is america?
OGIONIK wrote:

i want to read about the history of this country, my homeland. but all i see is an ungrateful population who didnt want to pay taxes so they attacked the hand that fed it

It wasn't about taxes alone but also representation. Self-determination was a big issue and it can't be written off as simply.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 08:15 pm
My friend, I dislike where we now stand as well, and know that all I can do is take care of my part, and try to help a few others as I do.

You are not alone in your misgivings, but this country has a groundswell available for the right spark, it's just not here yet.

America is not dead, it's just top heavy...

RH
0 Replies

anton

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 09:50 pm
Rockhead your reply is an inspiration, there are many like you, I pray the America we used to know will return; just reading your reply renews my hope.
Thank you for that.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 10:13 pm
OGIONIK, Your a good writer. Thats a good piece.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 11:52 pm
no / sarcasm? Very Happy
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 12:00 am
no sarcasm. That is a good and thought provoking commentary.
0 Replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 12:07 am
OGIONIK wrote:
This country needs to simply grow up.

Someone does, but it's not this country.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 12:10 am
it was ranting mildy about the separation from britain, but we cant let others have their own civil wars?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 12:13 am
Please continue, nappy. Whom might that be...

And how, I'm curious.

(might wanna put some thought into it...)

RH
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 10:27 am
Amigo wrote:
OGIONIK, Your a good writer. Thats a good piece.

I agree!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 07:00 pm
nappyheadedhohoho wrote:

Someone does, but it's not this country.

At least the diaper is in the right place to catch all the excrement.
0 Replies