Don’t use the Glasses!

Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 01:48 pm
Some one had warned me about hotel glasses. I did not know if it was an urban legend, however, I have found this to be true. Pretty much when you use a glass in a hotel, the housekeeping staff will rinse the glass in the room's sink (one even sprayed some sort of cleaner in the glass which stated do not eat) and then place back as if cleaned properly. The housekeeper would even "clean" the glasses after cleaning the toilet with the same gloves on. This even included the Ritz!

See this video….

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=5062255&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

I think we should all mark our glasses at whichever hotel we stay at. How else will we force them to do their jobs? From now on I plan on bringing my own glass.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,233 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 02:12 pm
we usually remember to bring some plastic cups, but we would still use the glasses provided... no more!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 02:22 pm
I do bring one of my small italian wine glasses when I travel - part out of sentiment, and part out of distaste for styrofoam cups or plastic cups. (I don't always stay in a place that rates me "real glass".

Like the stemless glass here (but a little smaller and fancier) -

http://www.barillaus.com/Home/PublishingImages/Wine_6228468.JPG

It has not dawned on me before that it might get washed in such a questionable way. (Back to the suitcase when I leave the room, from now on.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 02:27 pm
In most hotels (and even in the b&b's I used the last couple of years), you don't find glasses anymore but only plastic cups, hygienically wrapped.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 03:01 pm
I think I would grab a glass from the bar.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 05:32 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
In most hotels (and even in the b&b's I used the last couple of years), you don't find glasses anymore but only plastic cups, hygienically wrapped.

Yup.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 05:59 pm
I lap up the water out of the toilet. Trick I learned from my dog.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 06:04 pm
I don't believe you, for a change, EdgarB.

I'm not sure I believe that this is a big problem, either. Maybe.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 12:28 am
This same story type ran here in Oz a month or so ago. Same story different hotels.

I wonder who copied who?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 01:52 am
Germs are natural.

If you survive 'em, you are the stronger for it.

THINK of kissing, shaking hands, using money......GOIM ALERT!!!!!

The stress of obsessing about hotel glasses is likely more harmful than the odd goim or poisonous cleaning substance ( you breathe them in all the time......and drinking from a glass cleaned with them isn't EATING the stuff).

I say, relax already.
0 Replies