Work from Home

jodie34

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 08:20 am
I would like to have a job working from home. Does anyone know of jobs that are legitimate working from home. I have always been afraid to take a chance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 927 • Replies: 6
No top replies

lab rat

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 08:36 am
What type of education/skills do you have? (E.g., clerical, child-care, computer technology, expertise suitable for consulting opportunities, . . .)

There is a good "common-sense" article for avoiding work-at-home scams at the following link:
Work-at-home scams
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 08:43 am
You basically have to create your own job. There are a few legitimate things like editing, but most advertised home jobs are scams. I technically work from home, but we run a fairly large business and it's not what most people consider when they think "home based". Other people I know who work from home do websites/graphic art, furniture repair and refabric, seamstress/taylor, tax prep/bookkeeping, legal research/fact checker, ghost writer/novelist, child care and pet boarding. If you want to do a business with flexible hours, and mostly cash payments, you can consider do house cleaning.

If anyone asks you for money to get information or to stuff envelopes, or make cold calls or create crafts - run, run, run.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 08:57 am
sometimes an office job can turn into one where you work from home a great deal.

the company could give you a networked laptop.

there are also remote access programs which allow you to 'work at your desk' from another computer.
i've been doing this on occasion for almost a year now, and i have no complaints...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 09:06 am
My last company had some kick-ass work from home jobs. It was a software company, so they would train new customers on the products via web-conferencing(web-ex). The trainers would sit at home all day doing training sessions....if I had to guess, it was probably a $50-60K/yr job.

Now they have a few of the salespeople work soley from home, doing their presentations via web-conferencing too....not an entry-level sales job though.

I kind of work from home....a lot of outside sales jobs your office is your home, but you still have to go out every day. Except when you're stuck in an igloo like today.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 09:27 am
I've been working from home for 15 years. What kind of things have you done? You'd be amazed at what can be done via the internet and phone.
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 02:20 pm
lab rat

I have experience with clerical and computer. I work part time at the hospital now but have always wanted to work from home. I have sales experience also have thought about selling Avon but don't want a job going from door to door.
0 Replies