Ask yourself this question.

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 01:55 pm
If we as individual citizens are to remain allegiant to the abstraction known as the United States of America, do we have to alter our innate sense of morality where it seems at variance with the morality of the state? Or, in a weaker version, to what extent do we have to alter our innate sense of morality in order to bring it into line with the morality of the state?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 597 • Replies: 5
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 02:23 pm
Re: Ask yourself this question.
OGIONIK wrote:
If we as individual citizens are to remain allegiant to the abstraction known as the United States of America, do we have to alter our innate sense of morality where it seems at variance with the morality of the state? Or, in a weaker version, to what extent do we have to alter our innate sense of morality in order to bring it into line with the morality of the state?
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 03:08 pm
The state has no moral compass. The only time morality comes into it is when a politician runs for office. Once they are elected hold on to your a-s. After the next election you will see fully what I am talking about no matter who is elected. I've been around long enough to see this election after election. I almost feel sorry for you Obama supporters when you find he has feet of clay. He is going to talk to business, governments, and other entitetis, so he thinks, but they will eat him alive. Bush had a government of people who had experience although they used it to make themselves rich. Who can Obama go to for experience? Only more crooked politicians.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:06 pm
Re: Ask yourself this question.
OGIONIK wrote:

You didnt write that, did you OG?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:12 pm
it is rather eloquent isn't it? its from wikileaks but half the ******* page didnt paste w/e i dont care.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 07:23 pm
Morality is the lack of opportunity or facility.
0 Replies