Cindy McCain Says She is Proud of Jim Crow

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:44 am
http://firedoglake.com/

"I just wanted to make the statement that I have and always will be proud of my country," McCain said.

How nice.

Given that she's lived through segregation, My Lai, and Abu Grhaib, though, that's a fairly disturbing thing to say. Always? Really? No matter what it does?

Of course this is about Michelle Obama's comments and the phony outrage machine that they inspired. To wingnuts, patriotism means being proud of your country like a child is proud of her mommy -- it can do no wrong. Ever.

(Adding, it's okay to hate the half of the country that votes Democrat, because those people aren't real Americans.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 764 • Replies: 14
No top replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:56 am
Well, you quoted the link word for word, but you didnt add your comments or what you think.

Why not?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:11 am
Perhaps you should read Roxxxasnne's post again MM. I see comments. Why don't you?

Confused
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:13 am
Intrepid wrote:
Perhaps you should read Roxxxasnne's post again MM. I see comments. Why don't you?

Confused

Read the link.
Its a direct quote of whats on the link, nothing more.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:14 am
Intrepid wrote:

Confused

Actually those aren't my comments. Obviously, I agree with the writer who is applying the same logic to Ms. McCain's statement as the loony right applied to Ms Obama's comment.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:15 am
I'm surprised she can pull herself out of her Percocet-induced stupor long enough to make a comment on anything.

Stepford wife if I ever saw one...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:15 am
mysteryman wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Confused

Read the link.

And the point is?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:16 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Confused

Actually those aren't my comments. Obviously, I agree with the writer who is applying the same logic to Ms. McCain's statement as the loony right applied to Ms Obama's comment.

FWIW,
I think that either side applying that logic to what either wife said is both silly and stupid.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:16 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I'm surprised she can pull herself out of her Percocet-induced stupor long enough to make a comment on anything.

Stepford wife if I ever saw one...

Cycloptichorn

Cindy vs Michelle is a mismatch if I ever saw one. She should just STFU.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:20 am
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Confused

FWIW,
I think that either side applying that logic to what either wife said is both silly and stupid.

Except that the only side making an issue of it is the riight.The comments at FDL were sarcastic. The firestorm that the lunatic right tried to create over Michelle's comments was intentional and NOT sarcastic.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:51 am
mysteryman wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Confused

Read the link.

Sorry, MM. I read the link but somehow missed something. My apologies for my lack of comprehension.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:41 pm
bookmark
0 Replies

paull

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 08:20 pm
I am proud to live in a country where unattractive transgenders can live without working and spout halftruths without fear of being stoned.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 08:29 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Confused

FWIW,

Except that the only side making an issue of it is the riight.The comments at FDL were sarcastic. The firestorm that the lunatic right tried to create over Michelle's comments was intentional and NOT sarcastic.

I agree, thats why I said that making an issue of what either wife said was both silly and stupid.
I personally think that trying to attach any hidden meaning to what either wife said is a collosal waste of time.
Take what both wives said at face value and move on, there are more important things to worry about in this campaign.

Paull,
Your comment about Roxxxanne is both uncalled for and just plain rude.
I disagree with her most of the time, but I have never stooped to the type of comments you made.
If you have nothing to say, do yourself a favor and dont say anything.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 08:34 pm
Thanks for the support MM but he obviously wasn't referring to me.
0 Replies