• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 259 • Replies: 4
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 12:57 pm
I love Betty Bowers!

Quote:
Mrs. Betty Bowers has been named "America's Best Christian" (and therefore de facto the "World's Best Christian") by Christian Monthly Magazine every month for the past 37 months.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 01:17 pm
There is one thing about the Michigan and Florida delegations. They are not bound by any vote in those states. Hillary could get them reinstated and they could vote a majority for Obama.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 01:31 pm
quite so.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 08:00 am
parados wrote:
There is one thing about the Michigan and Florida delegations. They are not bound by any vote in those states. Hillary could get them reinstated and they could vote a majority for Obama.

I'm not totally clear on that part, but I don't think so.

Quote:
"Those were the rules, and we thought we had an obligation to enforce them," Ickes acknowledged today on the call even while trying to convince members of the media that Florida's and Michigan's delegations should not only be seated at the convention, but should also have full voting rights and that delegates should be allocated based on voting that took place in those states -- even though in Michigan, Obama's name did not even appear on the ballot and uncommitted got 41% of the vote to Clinton's 55%.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/02/16/671358.aspx
0 Replies