No top replies

snood

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 03:55 am
what "statesman" was that?

Jeez, what a load of kee-rap!
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:07 pm
Theres only one statesman in this race. We've got four politicians left, but only one of 'em put his ass on the line for this country...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:31 pm
I didn't vote for Bush. I worked to keep him out of office. He has disgraced this great country with his stupidity and greed. He will go down in history as the greatest fool to ever have sat in the oval office. His minions can all go home and count their gold in another year, but our children will pay for the sins of this administration for years to come in the form of higher taxes and fewer services. How many thousands have died for this moron? How many will die tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that. Bush isn't worth the dust on the boot of any American solider and many of them have died, or have been permanently wounded, because of his lies. Shame on you hanno thinking we should have no regrets.

Bin Laden and Al Qaeda must be having a great laugh as they watch the follies of the United States as directed by Bush & Co. They never could have killed so many Americans without Bush sending them to the Middle East with lack of proper equipment and manpower. Bin Laden hated Saddam and wanted the Iraqis to rise up against him, instead he got Bush to do the job. It's like Bush did him a favor. Shame. Shame. Shame.

I think the people of a country should be in control of their health care. You prefer corporations to dictate to you what doctors to use or to decide if they will cover an illness or not. You like paying insurance companies thousands of dollars each year with no guarantee of care. Not me, I want everyone to pay what they can and receive decent care in return. I want what our politicians gave themselves - lifetime health care paid by taxes.

I got news for you Hanno - the people are the government in a Democracy. When the government doesn't serve the people it starts to serve corporations or the handful of schmucks that hold office- and that is exactly what is happening in America. Bush and his kind scare the devil out of me because people like you think he is keeping this country safe from the Boogie Man, but he is the Boogie Man. Be afraid, be very afraid- your rights are being striped from you and you cheer and vote for the people doing it.

By the way, I don't think Bush is a Republican - no true Republican would ever endorse his spoiled rich boy spending policies and assault on our Constitution. No true Republican would think it's a good idea to invade another country "to spread Democracy and Freedom". If he was my candidate, I would be apologizing for casting my vote for him and hope the next person elected from the party might be capable of fixing Bush's mess.

I'm wasting my time here.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 06:28 pm
Green Witch wrote:
I didn't vote for Bush. I worked to keep him out of office. He has disgraced this great country with his stupidity and greed. He will go down in history as the greatest fool to ever have sat in the oval office. His minions can all go home and count their gold in another year, but our children will pay for the sins of this administration for years to come in the form of higher taxes and fewer services. How many thousands have died for this moron? How many will die tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that. Bush isn't worth the dust on the boot of any American solider and many of them have died, or have been permanently wounded, because of his lies. Shame on you hanno thinking we should have no regrets.

I didn't elect him and neither did you - it was the will of the American people. My nexts-of-kin don't need no services and if they want low taxes a Republican is the way to go. As for the soldiers, if they didn't want to be bullet-sponges what were they doing on the ground and on the payroll? Why should I or any American have shame or regret? We made the choice we set up for ourselves to keep crap like autocracy from happening.

Green Witch wrote:
Bin Laden and Al Qaeda must be having a great laugh as they watch the follies of the United States as directed by Bush & Co. They never could have killed so many Americans without Bush sending them to the Middle East with lack of proper equipment and manpower. Bin Laden hated Saddam and wanted the Iraqis to rise up against him, instead he got Bush to do the job. It's like Bush did him a favor. Shame. Shame. Shame.
Green Witch wrote:
I think the people of a country should be in control of their health care. You prefer corporations to dictate to you what doctors to use or to decide if they will cover an illness or not. You like paying insurance companies thousands of dollars each year with no guarantee of care. Not me, I want everyone to pay what they can and receive decent care in return. I want what our politicians gave themselves - lifetime health care paid by taxes.
Green Witch wrote:
I got news for you Hanno - the people are the government in a Democracy. When the government doesn't serve the people it starts to serve corporations or the handful of schmucks that hold office- and that is exactly what is happening in America. Bush and his kind scare the devil out of me because people like you think he is keeping this country safe from the Boogie Man, but he is the Boogie Man. Be afraid, be very afraid- your rights are being striped from you and you cheer and vote for the people doing it.

I don't need anyone to keep me safe. I support missile defense, other than that I don't even keep a bat in the house, if someone wants a piece of me or any American that could be me they can come get it. I was content when Bush got in (we thought it was cool not to vote) because I felt the Middle East needed to be taught a lesson. It got a little out of hand, but I think we've thrown our weight around effectively, and we might've fired up a new democracy.

Green Witch wrote:
By the way, I don't think Bush is a Republican - no true Republican would ever endorse his spoiled rich boy spending policies and assault on our Constitution. No true Republican would think it's a good idea to invade another country "to spread Democracy and Freedom". If he was my candidate, I would be apologizing for casting my vote for him and hope the next person elected from the party might be capable of fixing Bush's mess.

Nor am I a Republican - I'm a card-carrying Libertarian, most of the time I think I'm losing rights, economic, civil, or otherwise, no matter who gets elected, so I like to see international and economic interests served and not get passed back and forth between the two parties like a dime store hooker. If McCain gets in, he's alright for a Republican, I don't see me losing any additional rights, I'll miss the chance at hard currency and grass, but there's always 2016.

That's beside the point. I'm an American. If it was folks other than me that wanted Bush in, as long as I didn't expatriate I'd stand by their intent. I'm not going to point the finger and demand action from my own countrymen like I know something about morality they don't. No American should ever feel the need to apologize for their vote - this country started out owing nobody anything and making it's own way, we saved the world a few times, and now if any American casts a vote he/she should take pride in lending his/her influence no matter what the outcome.

Green Witch wrote:
I'm wasting my time here.

I don't agree with you, but I appreciate you lending your insight.
0 Replies