Hotrodded by Hummer

hamburger

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 12:19 pm
G 55 AMG 600 horses - now there is a car !

http://www.carbuyersnotebook.com/archives/g55amg2.jpg

if you have to ask the price , you can't afford it :wink:
(was it cornelius vanderbilt who said that when someone asked the price of his yacht ?)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 12:27 pm
Ooooh baby! I love that one too. The silver is nice but the black is too slick for words! Looks like Darth Vadar on wheels

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/2413/benzsuvfo1.png
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 12:30 pm
I'm sure they're working on hybrid eoe. Just be patient and you can have it all.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 12:30 pm
Quote:
Ooooh baby! I love that one too. The silver is noce but the black is too slick for words!

i suggest you order two - one only to be used on sundays when driving to church :wink:
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 03:51 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing

or just driving BY the church.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 03:56 pm
at least park it in the parking lot of your nearest church Shocked :wink:
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 04:37 pm
actually, there are probably a few Hummers in the church parking lot on Sunday morning already. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 07:25 am
One girl I knew bought a Navigator. It was like a bus inside. She traded it after a few months. Said she was afraid of it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 07:33 am
Embarrassed
I do like the Navigator..

But i would not touch the Lincoln brand with a twenty foot pole

http://www.lincoln.com/navigator/home.asp

I would have one in Stone Green
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 07:41 am
One thing to consider, if you want to customize and/or accessorize, you really need to stick with the Big 3 when it comes to SUV's and trucks. Take a look at Cabela's online catalog and you'll see what I mean.

My parents have a ML350 and my Dad got it stuck the other day. Then he realized with that funky pushbar tranny, that there is no way to rock the thing. They had to dig it out and back up 50 yards to the main road.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 09:02 am
edgarblythe wrote:
One girl I knew bought a Navigator... Said she was afraid of it.

Not any of the girls I know! Laughing My cousin pushes her Navigator like nobody's business.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 09:15 am
Fascinating thread.

I so don't have the large-vehicle-desire gene. I don't even like travelling in them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 09:25 am
I don't think it's an ego or power trip thing in every case. Some of it is for the kid-like thrill. The ones that bring a twinge of animosity out of me are the ones who stare straight ahead, imperiously, large flags waving on the sides. I suspect they are killing Muslims in their dreams, driving through an imaginary Baghdad to and from work, or picking up the kids or going to church. I can't imagine the motives of the hot rodder I first described.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 01:12 pm
I'm not thinking about mowing anyone down or rolling over Muslims. Or anyone else. For me it's the thrill. Kid-like is an apt description, thanks, because I can so imagine bouncing up and down in the drivers' seat with a big-ass grin on my face. Happy as a lark! Very Happy
0 Replies