Hotrodded by Hummer

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 10:40 pm
I pulled onto Main Street, off the Neidigk's Hardware store parking lot, a half block in front of a red Hummer. It quickly made up the distance separating us and hung close to my bumper. It followed me around the next corner, then promptly sped past me and the two cars ahead. It stopped at the four way stop for a second, then jumped in the other lane to bypass the vehicles awaiting their turn to go. Last time I saw, it was headed toward Magnolia, the town. It's a bit unnerving to see one of those babies hotrodding through trafffic so close. I thought by the hair the driver must be a woman, but could not be certain. Not that that part matters. I wished that, for just five minutes, I could be a traffic officer, with a fat book of tickets, taser at the ready - y' know - Just in case.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,689 • Replies: 33
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 10:46 pm
Ed, my friend....

All hummers are evil.

RH
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 10:48 pm
One of our lame buddies bought a Hummer and now he can't afford to drive it. Laughing

It's brand new and sitting in the garage, for a few years now.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:59 am
One of my clients has one. He can't drive it into the historical part of our town because the big fat thing can't pass if there is a car parked on the street and another car is coming. He's gotten trapped a couple of times and got a ticket for driving backwards. He's been trying to sell the behemoth for two years, but no one is as stupid as he is. He joking admits it gets "three blocks to the gallon".

He also gets vandalized at the mall by people putting bumper stickers on the back that say things like : "This Vehicle Keeps the Royal Saudi Family Living the Life They Are Accustomed To" and "Damn the Polar Bears, I Need A Big Truck to Make Up for My Small Penis".
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:03 am
It's all in knowing how to drive one.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4952789710842150048&q=hummer+iraq&total=392&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:27 am
Green Witch
Green Witch "Damn the Polar Bears, I Need A Big Truck to Make Up for My Small Penis".

So true. Priceless!

BBB Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:27 am
Destruction of private property is a shooting offense.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:35 am
cjhsa wrote:

I agree individuals (and corporations) should not vandalize for self serving reasons. I wish I could hire you cjhsa to shoot the timber thieves who stole 6 very old oaks off of a private property where I work, but I don't think it would be practical.

BBB wrote:
Green Witch "Damn the Polar Bears, I Need A Big Truck to Make Up for My Small Penis".

So true. Priceless!

What's even more funny, is that my client drove around with one of those stickers for weeks. The Hummer is so big that he never walks around the thing and didn't notice the addition.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:36 am
Timber and even deadwood theft is getting more and more common as the price for forest products has skyrocketed.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:58 am
BBB
cjhsa wrote:
Timber and even deadwood theft is getting more and more common as the price for forest products has skyrocketed.

Good grief! Now cjhsa is going to shoot the tree huggers.

BBB
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:15 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

Good grief! Now cjhsa is going to shoot the tree huggers.

BBB

Now don't go making trouble BBB. Cjhsa and I have agreed that he is a conservationist. He is only going to shoot the tree huggers that try and steal his burlap supermarket bags.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:15 am
I do think people who buy Hummers are the ultimate posers, and generally don't know just how much of a piece of sh!t they are when buying them.

But, it's a free country, if someone wants one, no big deal. If I caught some hippy putting a bumper sticker on my car, I'd repeatedly smash his face into the cement, and hope some Hummer owners have done the same. Can you tell how much I love hippies?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:57 am
I want one of the smaller ones. Sorry but I love 'em.
My neighbor has one. She's about 65 years old! I've been saying that one day I'm gonna ask her if I can take it around the block.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 11:21 am
eoe wrote:
My neighbor has one. She's about 65 years old! I've been saying that one day I'm gonna ask her if I can take it around the block.

The H3?

FYI, it's ridiculously underpowered. All it's got going for it is it's looks, but that's the only thing you'd buy a Hummer for anyway.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 11:31 am
Green Witch wrote:

I agree individuals (and corporations) should not vandalize for self serving reasons. .

Driving a vehicle that serves no physical purpose other then having a big vehicle for social "status" reasons damages the entire planet.
Talk about vandalizing..

( im not arguing with ya.. by the way.. just squawking about how much I hate those god damn things.. )
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 11:48 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
eoe wrote:

The H3?

FYI, it's ridiculously underpowered. All it's got going for it is it's looks, but that's the only thing you'd buy a Hummer for anyway.

That's right. I like the way that sucker looks.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 11:59 am
Quote:
"Damn the Polar Bears, I Need A Big Truck to Make Up for My Small Penis".

Quote:
What's even more funny, is that my client drove around with one of those stickers for weeks. The Hummer is so big that he never walks around the thing and didn't notice the addition.

Sweet! Razz
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 11:59 am
The other day I was driving home in a snowstorm and passed this little girl driving an H2 down the freeway at about 20MPH...

Unreal. At least she was paying attention. Any other day she'd be varying between 50 and 80 while chatting on her cell phone.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 12:02 pm
Hummers are so yesterday. This is the SUV I want.

http://www.idealinnovations.com/images/bull%20image.jpg
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 12:18 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Is that why they shot the guy driving that Hummer?
0 Replies