"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

deedeexx

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 07:51 pm
Luv to have you visit - plenty of spare rooms here. Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 08:19 pm
Ship's Log

Hey crew - thanku to Bear for his wonderful food tonight and for all the helpers preparing the "greens".

It was good to see many of the crew on board today. It was also nice to see a Blue Deckhand change his sheets at long last. Our Agent is going to try and ensure that "snacking" of any variety, including "having a bit in the berth" is monitored closely. :wink:

I'm afraid this IzzieCrew member is a touch on the weary side tonite so this Log is a "little log-short-of-a-campfire". However, please forgive me - tomorrow I will yabber away and you'll see how I make up for my lacking tonite. Confused

Off to get the bionic toes x-rayed tomorrow. That'll be a long day. Consultant meeting and preparation for my wee operation next Tuesday. Hey, this time next week - will be in the hospital under a general - de- wired not defrocked, and having had a good zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. How happy is that? Then I'll be pinned and fused in all the right places. (maybe MaMaIzzie has plans to have my fingers prized away from the laptop - hey, no worries, I'll have toots to type with. Happy Days!

So, once again - thank to our "host" with the "most" delicious meals on wheels on his BBQ. He can surely pull out his catering skills any time he likes. Thanku hunni. Very Happy

Hope all our crew who are onshore leave have a had a lovely day and that we will see them soon. TTHun - feel better, and the kitty, WW-WOM - glad kitty came home. MaMaDD - ((win at cards girl)) PaPaDD ((take it easy))…

And to all the crew - "insomniac watch commencing"

Believe…… :wink: Special guest appearance from Carly Simon - she came down to port.- I kinda just told who you all were and this is the song she decided to sing to y'all….. each and every one person on the ship (it's one of my most favourite songs - she knew I liked it too) (oh oh oh Charlie and I do the worst rendition of this with our hairbrushes in hand 0 nah, not when kids, quite regularly actually Rolling Eyes )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlxlP9pYq1A&feature=related

Your are the very best Very Happy Thanku all so much.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 08:28 pm
Sorry I'm late, kids.

Izzie, at least ya don't got this problem....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vS82UUZpAU

RH
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 08:34 pm
Oh that was me and my dancing - love it RH - such my sense of humour too! Cooooool Smile

(oh - hey - I don't problems - I got solutions babe :wink: )

Nite crew. Sleep well wherever you are, good day wherever you are Smile
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 10:16 pm
YEEEEEEEEAAAAHHH
Izzie thnk u so much for the drinks... Smile u gt me confused...donnno whih one to choose from Rolling Eyes

So out there everyone!!! today is Maundy thursday,...the day of last supper..we make a special dish here to commemorate the occassion..i thought ill share some with the crew too
its rice, coconut,cinnamon, grinded together and made a pancake.
U dip it in cocnut milk mixed with jaggery syrup and a dah with cardamom...yeah its yummy..check it out..
and bear you'll get the chana curry dont worry :wink:
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 10:55 pm
Just returned from picking up mama and guessed I have missed saying goodnight to the captain. Verby still hanging in there with recipes and rocky with "feet song". Verby are you strict vegan or do you eat eggs and dairy products??
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 12:38 am
Wow verbivore, really looking forward to channa curry, that's worth a smooch or two from the Bear. :wink:
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 01:48 am
Oh dear think I've missed the party! I was so tired last night I fell asleep on the sofa! Well Thursday for us here in good old UK and its a frosty one!

I hope you all had a great time I'll just go round and clear up then shall I?

Boy what a mess! Ok who's been having a water fight? Look at all those empty bottles! Boy better drink my coffee first then start the big clear up!
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 02:41 am
Hi Black Tulip - Hope you are having a good day. I will help you clear up - I am good at cleaning up messes too. Smile
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 02:47 am
Hi crew, Bear is signing off, going on shore leave for about 5 hours. Trust most of you are resting peacefully in your bunks, although I can hear a little frivolity somewhere near the stern. That's not you stalking around there DDXX? Laughing

Catch you all later.
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 03:04 am
Yeah you still hear me up - I am playing with the rudder trying to find a new course. But - I am watching an old old oldie and enjoying (luv the oldies) Smile - just about to head off myself. Bye to you and Black Tulip if she is still out there. Smile
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 05:52 am
Good morning. A bit before eight o clock.
I boarded the vessel to find deedeexx asleep, hugging the rudder control. I haven't a clue where were going because the chart was upside down. I slipped a pillow under her head, and followed my nose to the back deck. All I found was a cold barbeque. I'm hoping on leftovers. I don't know what the recommended daily allowance is on a hot dog, so, three should do it, for breakfast. I hope their casings.
Everybody, have a nice day.
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:09 am
hi..dnt ya worry alex..other chefs are bound to come..so u can start wit a fresh stuff probably..
since its holy thursday i have something here commemorating the last supper.so u can taste that now as well...i knw its just breakfast time there but its light u can afford to have a piece or two. and our captain is bound to ctch upon you soon
ddx - im veg - bt i eat diary products..id prefer to stop it bt nt happening milk is my fav
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:08 am
I took an extended shore leave. I did read back and the posts made me laugh Laughing
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 10:03 am
Good morning all; the time is later than when I started, which makes me as old as my tongue, but younger than my teeth.

Let it be known that I would never eat anything that had grown with roots in the soil containing the dead; the silent screams of those young veggies is too distressing to contemplate.

Ps. Glad you are happy TTH.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 11:00 am
Well, I am not exactly happy Try. I am trying to get in the mood to do some taxes. I guess that makes me moody Laughing
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 12:39 pm
Take a break from those taxes TTH!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 01:10 pm
Good morning / afternoon / evening Smile

How is everyone today?

Thanku Indeedee for taking the "rudder" - the Woop Woop must've worked wonders as I think you fell asleep with the rudder "hard over" but I'm pleased to say that, whilst going round in circles all nite, the ship did not hit any icebergs or shores. Izzie may be a little dizzy - but - GUESS WHAT - I'm the opposite of a "little screwy" ………..

So….

Explanation: (yes, one is required when we talk about screws) …. Oh second thoughts…ctrlC, ctrlV…

""Back from hospital. X-rays done and saw consultant. Gosh, you should see my X-rays Shocked - my bionic feet are remarkable - I have robot feet all put together with pins and screws. I'm like a mecanno skeleton.

All k-ish. Itty bitty slight complication Confused - the 1st MTP joint has screws inserted which cross over - this ensures completion fusion. However, one screw is too long! On Tuesday, they will put me out - cut off plaster, do a bone imaging scan to check on the big toe fusion and all the other toots, remove the wires from all the toes (just a case of pulling them out - takes minutes at the most) and then do a little operation to remove the long screw. My surgeon doesn't know yet whether or not he will replaster the right foot for a further two weeks - all dependant on what the scan shows. No driving for a month tho!!!!!!!!!!!!! Walking hopefully (kinda proper walking) in 2 months-ish.

So … long and short - too long a screw Exclamation but that's typical for a person one often calls "a little screwy" - HA!!!!, not a problem - I just get to sleep for a little bit longer on Tuesday. ""

There we go then - I will be asleep on the job whilst the surgeon does his job. How good is that? Happy Feet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkaRqNny9OE&feature=related

So lovelies - VBV has been taking the helm and is rivalling the Bear with her culinary skills - what a good duo you guys make - our crew will be fed the best always. Our WW-WOM helped clean up the deck (thanku)and our dashing Alex24… was an absolute gentleman, as always, whilst pillow placing to prevent Indeedee getting a crook neck. Surprised

The BlueBoy doesn't seem to know if he's young or old, coming or going Shocked I did note that both TTHun and the BlueBoy were below deck for the evening - mmmmmmm - at least he had done his chores beforehand a? Not saying another word - nope - not one! :wink:

Stormy took the helm earlier (HEY STORMY Very Happy ) and has tried to persuade our resident TTHunTaxGirl to take a tax-break - yep, I'll go with that too. Maybe time to rest-up for a few hours on the tax hun and take a fresh look later. Let's see if some music will help….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COW8d4iwuvU

(I know, not that easy a? Rolling Eyes Take time for you too tho TTHun)

K - well guys, hope to catch up y'all soon. Hope everyone's day is being kind wherever you all are Smile
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 02:11 pm
Oh Izzie, your poor feet have had enough! Crying or Very sad

You are soooo brave!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 03:09 pm
Great to read the good news; the not so good may turn out ok in the end, and it will be cool when its all done and you can run up trees!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/25/2024 at 02:19:38