"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 02:09 am
Hi W/W you are well catered for in the vegetarian department, a lovely Angel already had a whisper in my ear about that. :wink: Weather will be perfect, a balmy night with a full moon. So pleased to hear your tabby has returned. Have a nice day.
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 02:18 am
Oh so glad cat is back WW. I now how to fret with the best of them on that subject of missing moggies. Pimms sounds good and dutchy is right - it is a beautiful night here and where he is. (I get dutchy's weather the next day). Don't forget to give him a smooch for the goodies. :wink:
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 03:45 am
ill join you black tulip fr the veggies section..its high time i get my hands down to cook something ths bear here has tempted me a lot wit food i shud say..ill take care of the salad section..if at all u need salads in the BBQ :wink: i like slicing decoratively the vegetables...

here we go - cabbage, carrots (slice them as small as u can), a lill grated coconut and few green chillies..a quick simple salad..best when served fresh Smile
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 04:03 am
Wonderful news verbivore, really looking forward seeing your decoratively sliced vegetables, I'm sure it will be appreciated by all. This is just one of the dishes I had lined up for you and W/W and other people with similar tastes. Looks like I may have to give you a smooch instead of the other way round. :wink:
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1826/saladswb3.jpg
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 05:35 am
yeah i appreciate you taking the lead teddy :wink: im a lill too shy :wink: and wonderful start uve given me and tulip...and now ...that since tulip said she loves chillies...i think we shud now give her a treat of chillies..
its a pity bear i havent yet learnt to post pic Sad il learn it soon..
try this out tulip
its fresh long green chillies covered with gram flour and fried deep.. :wink: if ye love chillies :wink:
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 06:35 am
Now that is what I call a salad. Wow verbivore!! Deep fried chillies sure to get us going! Well I love chillies, garlic, you name it I'll eat it as long as it's not meat or fish.

Well news on the cat, have to take it to the vet as it is limping badly and now not putting its back leg down! Can not get to vet til this afternoon. Hope it is not too bad. Have had to put him in back bedroom with food and water and a litter tray until it's time.

The weather is lovely today, sun shining with a gentle breeze. I have hung out the washing, mowed the lawn, just haven't washed the car! But first things first back to the paperwork! Argh.........
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 06:38 am
verbivore wrote:

its a pity bear i havent yet learnt to post pic Sad il learn it soon..) :wink:

Don't worry I can't do the pictures yet! Avatar I can do but no go with posting photos. Just haven't got time or patients to sit and learn it yet.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 06:39 am
Good morning / afternoon / evening Smile

WOW Exclamation

I am so proud of you guys - talk about teamwork for the BBQ - it's no wonder we sail so good with the way everyone has stepped up for the DownUnder Barbie Nite!

BEAR - your menu is fab. You know - methinks that not only are you our Bosun - but could you be catering manager for all our parties. How good are you hunni! Mind you - methinks all the crew (except me of course) seem brilliant chefs and cheffettes (is that Izzie language Rolling Eyes ) - well done all of you.

Indeedee - I have just had a real good chuckle here

deedeexx wrote:
Okay dutchy - sounds good - just two requests - head off fish (I can't handle looking at poor little suckers eyes) and leave out the garlic.

Bear.................does that sound like something we were yabbering the other day - Indeedee - I'm so with you on the "fish eye" thing- OMG - DON'T EAT ANYTHING THAT STILL HAS IT'S EYES IN ITS HEAD AND LOOKS AT YOU! UGH! so laughing now! Laughing

Right guys - gotta dash for a bit - have dodgy internet connection still (what gives Question ) and got people on way over.

WW-WOM - so pleased "S-cat" has returned home. Hope all goes OK at the vet - let me know if I can do anything. (oh - paperwork, yh - mountain of it on my bed hun!!!!!) Rolling Eyes Hope you're feeling better.

VBV - hunni - it's a pleasure to have onboard hun - "shy" is fine, you're doing great here - and are an asset to our ship. We can sort your pics out - just let us know if you need us to help OK. Smile

Oh .... and Bear ..... smooches to the chef .... and a salsa or two a? Razz
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 06:44 am
Good to hear from you. Have you done all those jobs you mean to do? Sign paperwork, ring removal company? What too busy getting ready for the BBQ! Ok don't blame you, just take the hammock over there and we will bring you what you need - shall we start with a Pimms?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 06:53 am
Good morning Izzie, good to see you, just in time too. Bear has had a busy day with all the preparations for tomorrow night so he has decided to climb in his tree early tonight. I think, in my absence, you and the other crew members can put the finishing touches to the BBQ as I probably have forgotten something along the way. Thank you for the smooch, and hey the bbq hasn't even started. Laughing
Good Night all, catch you tomorrow.
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 06:55 am
OOPS! sorry I am always ahead of the game! See you at the BBQ! Paperwork here I come................
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 07:08 am
Preparation, preparation, preparation! Rolling Eyes

Hey - c'mon - this is Izzie - DO I DO PREPARATION! :wink: The Bear Necessities a? Smile

Nah, BBQ is top of the list. So I shall go and prepare the necessaries to get the "drinks" ordered (pic coming later) - and deal with some of the very necessary paperwork in order for me to rest easy in the hammock tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be back with y'all as soon as poss. Bear and Indeedee - hope you both have a big sleep and will be up bright and breezy in the morning/afternoon/evening to fire up the barbie and feed our crew. Smile Lovin U x Very Happy

Looking forward to being "smashed" with Indeedee's potatoes and "plastered" (cast-away) whilst dancing! :wink:
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 07:31 am
Party? Did someone say BBQ? I have impeccable timing. What can I bring?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 07:35 am
Just yourself hunni and your beautiful smile. Will see you tonite and we'll have a yabber.

(hope all's well in DC ....

there's my door - work colleague is calling me - oh "the real word awaits"!!!!!!

later everyone Smile )
0 Replies

lostnsearching

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 07:42 am
Good Day Sailers,

Am I early? Confused
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 08:31 am
now way lostnsearching..you are just in time..we just have started with salads in the veggie deprtment and our captain has gone to get us some drinks..join in and have fun....the chief chef (who eats half the stuff he cooks :wink: ) has gone back to his tree..for the nite..so help urself around b4 he comes tmrw wit exotic dishes...
izzie..no wonder u r the captian..u keep the crew going buddy...its really so nice to hear u yabber away...i love citrus drinks and home made wine ok...so be prepared wit either of them..
any one ever heard of tapioca???? Laughing Laughing
not likely..well off i go to prepare them wit lots of small onins and grinded red chilies in it for my hus...(dinner time here).ctch the crew tmrw..bye for now..
dnt see much of TTH today..hope u r fine TTH..and hope the doctors appointment went well..did the test? get well soon..missed ye today
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 09:39 am
Hello Good Folks...
I am still in Mobile. Not home yet...we got home from the beach yesterday. Unbelievably windy. But fun. I buried the kids and we dug a massive hole that filled with water...we all had sand in our britches by the end of the day...lovely feeling..everyone should try it Rolling Eyes

The professor is still on his own. The kids and I and grandparents are getting ready to go downtown and play some. We have had a wonderful lazy morning. It is gorgeous here though. The Azaleas and Dogwoods are starting to bloom. There is Jasmine and Wysteria smell everywhere. It is so beautiful. .My Mom and Dad have this live oak in their front yard that has Spanish Moss hanging from it and it has a swing and we have been sitting in it and enjoying it. We had a little rain storm this morning...which has left everything fresh and green. Really have had such a wonderful time.

I am going back home tomorrow but still may not be on much since my sis-in-law and her kids are coming to stay with us. Once again...a full house. So I will be entertaining for a couple of days...but should be back to normal next week....whatever that looks like these days.

Hope you all have a great day and I will see you soon...
enjoy the barbecue :wink:
mis
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 10:41 am
Hello everyone Very Happy
My doc appt. went well. He said I just aggravated the original injury and I have to keep exercising my arm and it will just take time. So, back to square one. It sounds like everyone else is doing fine. I saw roger climbed on the boat (one of my favorite members, he just doesn't know it)

I had a late night last night, so I am retiring to a bunk on this boat. Hopefully, talk to you all later.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 12:20 pm
Hey Crew…. Smile

Well what a day so far. I have had such a productive day - and am ready to take my good feelings and start to relax!!!

I revisited St Annes Winery briefly...

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6766/2028zq4.jpg

to ensure we had some grog tonite - the "Woop Woop" Shocked Chardonnay sourced from Swan Hill, Victoria and McLaren Vale in south eastern Australia is on it's way, and as our Aussies know, "Woop Woop" is Oz slang for "the middle of nowhere" - just a few too many for me to carry, but perfect for our Indeedee and this ship crew…. :wink:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3600/woopwoopaustraliachardoga3.jpg

There's some slabs of beer for the boys (and mismi) if they would prefer a cold one.. Smile

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8682/slabvbpq5.jpg

So now, having spotted some dolphins riding with the waves at the bow earlier…

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2871/2028bpi4.jpg

and as the sunsets and sunrises....

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1834/2028adj0.jpg

- IT'S PARTY AT THE BEARS DOWN UNDER.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3545/p1010456vk9.jpg

I've grabbed my well worn akubra, got a few drinks for later from the galley, rustled up some oil lamps for when we need some "mood" lighting …. So here we go. Happy Wednesday (Thurs) BBQ courtesy of Bear, and the crew………….

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5480/p1010450ss5.jpg

OH OH OH Exclamation
For those of us who don't drink too much, here's a special drink

Kefir with passion fruit and orange.

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/8347/passionfruitorangeshakezb1.jpg

Kefir
Kefir (kee-fer) also known as kewra, talai, mudu kekiya is basically a cultured, enzyme-rich food filled with friendly micro-organisms that help balance the "inner ecosystem" to maintain optimal health and strengthen immunity. It's origins date back many centuries ago, in the Northern Caucasus Mountains located in the former Soviet Union. The word kefir is said to be derived from the Turkish word keif, which loosely translates to "feel good". This is for the obvious increase in a sense of well-being experienced by drinking kefir regularly.
I'll drink to that!

So - hoping that maybe mismi will be able to swing by for a while whilst mobile, WW-WOM, VBV, LostnFound, JPB and all our crew who have prepared will be able to join us - and our crew who are onshore right now - as well as our resident rat and our Devilish Devil.....

ENJOY! Very Happy

(any music from our DJ would be O so welcome :wink: xox)
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 02:54 pm
Good day to who is still out there. Looks like bear and captain have catered well for barbeque. Verby going to handle tapioca with chillies. Luved the pics captain. It's going to be a beautiful day here today. Have to take mama to her sisters so they can enjoy a day together so will be popping out for a while. Sounds like missy is having a great time.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/25/2024 at 06:29:09