"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

verbivore

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 11:39 am
@tsarstepan,
everyone seems to be n a holiday mood..
me too wanna pack a bag and go on..
a quick hello and seasons greetings to ye all ...
Izzie

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 04:07 pm
@verbivore,
Hey Crew

Boxing Day in the UK Very Happy

LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos " ah........... Madison Grace " WELCOME ABOARD " precious angel. She is gorgeous Babbling - could there be a nicer Christmas gift. " we have quite a little crèche here with our babies " how fab is that! Very Happy BigBaby Noah is going to be the best big brother to his little SISTER " oh my, that must’ve been a shock. What a wonderful shock tho " I couldn’t think of a better one. Truly, such a blessed day for your family. CONGRATS to all the family.

Jw " gorgeous Princess Annie " with her BigBro’s, Sis and cousins. Perfect. Thanku so much for sharing your pics. Very Happy

So good to see and hear everyone and to know you’ve all enjoyed your Crimbos. Lovin’ the crew " you are the best.

BEAgle " hope you have arrived home safely darlin’.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh MaMaVerby " how was your first Christmas with Baby Hrehaan? Have you got any photos of your little boy " we’d love to see him.

Little fella came home today " he’s had a couple of busy days and has had a very great time " chipper happy chappy. He’s tired now so... off to bed for him shortly.

I went walking on the moors yesterday " it was stunning cold, verra - peaceful. Visited with family briefly today and my folks came to lunch... well, 4pm lunch. I’m struggling re BigBoy right. Will be going to London next week (Bazza " slight change of plan due to ex-hub " ahem " prolly up to you on Wed if that’s k with you) and then onto FQsis in Essex Razz Looking forward to that. I have new girl clothes to wear... Shocked

Laterzzzzzzzzzzzz
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 05:39 pm
@tsarstepan,
I saw it tsar...that and Trumbull's paintings and Bierstadt's landscapes...the boys got to see a couple of naked women - marble busts....which they absolutely loved. Couldn't get them to move on...typical men.

Of course...they got tired quickly - it became an absolute effort to find ways to keep them occupied while looking at the art. "Can you find how many people landed on their bottom ice-skating in this picture?" They had furniture that was from the 1700's - beautiful pieces in immaculate condition. I would ask the boys which drawer they thought the person kept their underwear in. We got some looks...but really - you try keeping two 9 year olds and a 6 year old interested in looking at that many paintings in a museum...you HAVE to get creative.

I loved it. The best thing they had was at the end...they got to dress up in revolutionary war costumes...wigs, hats and coats - and sit in front of a mirror and draw themselves. They thought that was great. Of course - I left my camera.

Good to see you Verby!

Hugs to you all...I know I am a hit and runner these days...hopefully things will slow down soon!

xxoo
see y'all soon,
mis

Izzie

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 06:21 pm
@mismi,
Missy - so glad you have a lovely time. Love you girl. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mismi

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 07:38 pm
@Izzie,
Love you too Izzie.

I can understand your struggle ((Izzie)) - can't imagine how hard it is though.
thoughts and prayers - as always...
misxxoo
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 09:10 pm
Another baby! She's gorgeous Brooke and a welcome addition to the crew.

A bit of Yabber Liner trivia. Y'all know where the nursery is, right?

On the poop deck! Razz

(It has been a very long day...)
Izzie

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 03:08 am
@Tai Chi,
Morning Crew

HA TC - that was terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible Razz

Ugh - were you working yesterday? Our stores opened and started their sales, that had already started weeks ago. Hope today will be better for you or that you are not working this weekend.

Hey Mis - yep... <pain.so.bad.with.R.that.I.cant.breathe.at.times>. Nem'mind - off to the London Town soon - got itchy feet - can see me doing a lot more spur of the minute weekend travels. I'm even thinking of cancelling my surgery - don't wanna break my stride - just wanna get out there and get going and not put anything in the way - seems like a good plan to me Very Happy

Wishing all the crew a Happy Day and will catch y'all later. xx

((((Blue)))) - miss you xox miss you x

Dutchy

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 04:22 am
@Izzie,
Evening crew, just reporting Bosun is back on deck. Returned home this afternoon after an eventful trip I won't forget in a hurry. Just browsing the threads and off to bed early tonight. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Waves from down under.
verbivore

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:32 am
@Dutchy,
".but really - you try keeping two 9 year olds and a 6 year old interested in looking at that many paintings in a museum...you HAVE to get creative."
LOL mismi tht was a gud one!!! LOL
izzie jst checkng..r u gettng ma mails?
BEAgle...gotto see th snaps..
bazza..wen izzie lands there..just pack ur bags nd Go..India Smile

Barry The Mod

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 10:56 am
@verbivore,
Quote:
bazza..wen izzie lands there..just pack ur bags nd Go..India Smile

At night,we will climb into a Victoria from The Gateway Of India and go around The Oval Maidan to admire the illuminated buildings..............
I've started planning Verbs but they will have to wait just a little longer.
Waves to Crew.
Izzie

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 02:16 pm
@Barry The Mod,
YAY - The BEAgle has landed and is back on board.

MaMaVerby - yep, have emailed you Little One - sent a pic Very Happy awwwwwww...

Bazza - <waves back> will see you on TUESDAY.... Razz

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back laterzzzzzz

(little fella just fell down some of the stairs <about 6 stairs> - big bump on his head Shocked he's OK, just feeling a little sorry for himself right now - bless him - he's a very tired boy too - Christmas is exhausting for kids and adults alike - he's gonna come snuggle down here with a DVD)
mismi

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 03:36 pm
@Izzie,
You are not kidding about Christmas being exhausting - it really is. Of course that is partly my fault. I have all these cozy notions of what it should be. Which means picture perfect home and baking...and that is just not so easy to do these days. The boys think they should be able to stay up late every day and then they wake up early too...so they are cranky and weepy. I told them tonight...they were going to bed ON TIME. That means 8:30pm at the LATEST. Then we will see how they behave tomorrow. LOTS of accidents and grouchiness today. That could be tired....could just be rotten. Wink

Thoughts and prayers Iz...I think you explained yourself well there sister. That kind of loss I can imagine. Have felt it before...though never with my own child...so I know it has to be a devastating feeling. You are strong - that is obvious. Your ability to keep on in spite of it is evidence to that. I am proud of you.

Yeah Verby, you will see. Keeping little boys interested in anything for more than 20 minutes is a feat in and of itself! ESPECIALLY when it is art or education. Razz Little stinkers! But fun they are! Hope you are getting your rest and enjoying every minute with that precious little boy.

Tai Chi - poop deck...made me laugh. Of course potty humor is huge around here. You either learn to appreciate it...or well...feel left out I guess! HA!

Hey there Dutchy - have you made it back yet? Read the exciting exploits by you and your son. Wow. I can't imagine. It's impressive.

Okay - three little boys want to go bike riding...have to bundle them up...then me. Yuck. I hate outside...it's so chilly!

Hugs to all!
mis
Tai Chi

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 04:10 pm
If I told you that the Mr. left half an hour early to pop down to the bus station to meet our eldest, would you guess we're looking forward to the visit? Very Happy (Hope the bus isn't late, he'll be pacing.)

Yep, I worked yesterday but it wasn't outrageously busy and I actually got a lot of run-of-the-mill work done. Off today and tomorrow -- feet and muscles need a bit of a break.

mismi, little boys = potty humour. How well I remember those days! (I don't usually indulge in it myself -- I must have been really tired...)
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 04:25 pm
@mismi,
Hey Girlies

Ah Mis - yep, "cozy notions" - "should be" and "actually are" are not always the same a? However, your heart is wishing for the best - and that's what's important.

I did struggle to do that this year - well, the last few years - but, you have to do the best you can with what you've got - as long as your heart is in the right place - then, you can do no more.

Mis - don't ever doubt yourself. I bet your boyz had the best time and will remember each and every Christmas with you with wonderful memories as they grow older - I know it! Be very proud of you Dixie. x

TC - yayayayayay for eldest coming home - have a great time and rest up now a? Couple days off to just be family - ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY Very Happy Verra happy for you - ha, hope the bus isn't late too - methinks you are as just chomping at the bit to hug your eldest. EXCELLENT. Have heap big fun girl. Very Happy x

I'm in a very happy mood. Very. Smiling from the inside out. Feels good.

Really looking forward to "London and Beyond", the New Year with FQsis and 2010. Very Happy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 06:04 pm
Beautiful Dartmoor

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/DSC09350.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/DSC09376.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/DSC09393.jpg

slideshow gives clearer pics, iffn ya wanna...just give it click... or 2 (dunno how many clicks Confusedhttp://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/th_DSC09286.jpg

'tis lovely up there... Razz
Dutchy

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 11:35 pm
@Izzie,
Afternoon crew, have settled down after my trip, and would like to show you some pictures of the bush fire we've experienced in Port Lincoln.
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9361/pc230402.jpg
Town surrounded by a ring of fire during the height of the blaze.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/298/pc230407.jpg
Taken from the rear of my son's house at the Marina, fire came with 1 km
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8993/pc230412.jpg
Houses going up in flames on top of the hill.
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7951/pc240434.jpg
After the blaze. House, sheds and cars completely gutted. Have many more photos but they all show the same ferociousness of this bush fire. Spare a thought for the poor people having lost everything before Christmas, a real tragedy.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 12:08 am
@Izzie,
Izzie... I'm jealous of your talent and for that free range doggy who gets to walk about this lovely landscape.

How approachable are these horses? They're wild, right? Did you need a telephoto lens to get the shot or were they mellow to your presence?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 12:11 am
@Dutchy,
Dutchy... How many people/families have been hit by this disaster? Is it like the wildfires in California - the great majority are actually man made be it deliberate as arson or carelessness ... (where a drought would exasperate a much smaller fire allowing it to spread exponentially)?
Dutchy

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 02:21 am
@tsarstepan,
I believe thirty properties were affected. When you have a day of 42C (108 deg) heat with hot northerly winds, once a fire starts in the shrubs surrounding this town, there is no way of stopping it. The greenery surrounding Port Lincoln is known as kerose bush and burns ferociously, literally exploding when on fire. It was only during a sudden wind change that the fire bombers (4 of them) and fire fighting units were able to stem the fire, had this not happened many more homes would have been lost. Thankfully there was no loss of life but 5 fire fighters were injured.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 04:16 am
@Dutchy,
Oh BEAgle - that is just so very sad to see - you were so lucky that the wind didn't change, and sweep the fire over, and that M&K were safe - after last years fire at the business - well... would be hard to keep picking back up a? Heart goes out to all those people - fortunately, no fatalities - and of course, well wishes to the brave firefighters who do what they can in these conditions. So glad you got to be with M&Kand g-kids - truly, you were counting your blessings. Hope you have rested well now and all is OK with A too. It must have been very scary - I simply can't imagine what must have been going thru your minds - complete helplessness at preventing the devastation.

So pleased you are home now. (((((((((((((((((((((((((D&A))))))))))))))))))))))))) x
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:45:56