"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

annis

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 03:40 pm
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas will be the last time I am online before New year! Exam tomorrow! am I ready? no! then off to Finland via Kent! Am nervous doing it alone! But hope to see those Northern lights!!!!!!!!

Many happy ones!! kisses all round X
McTag

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 03:56 pm
@Letty,

No, Letty, I don't recognise these lines.

I'll try to get a solution, now I've fessed up.
McTag

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 04:07 pm
@McTag,

Well, I'm a very ashamed petty officer, I should have recognised the old Rime

Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.

Nor any drop to drink, me boys
Nor any drop to drink
Just scrape the supper dishes, then
And sling them in the sink.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 04:08 pm
@annis,
Merry Christmas and a Happy Nrw Year to you too annis. I do wish you a safe trip and look forward hearing all about it on your return. Hugs and smooches to you as well. Take care.
Izzie

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 05:32 pm
@annis,
So glad we talked Tulip - GO GO GO - do the exam, you'll fly thru that with bells and whistles, no worries and then just GO... you've achieved SO much this year - you should be so proud. I am proud to know you. Yep, travelling alone with kids starts off scary - but you can do this - and you will and you'll have a fab time. I've asked F-boy to nag you horribly at the airport to buy another SD card for your camera. He better nag you horribly!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of pics of huskies please, and snow, I wanna see your snow and your -28degrees (just how cold is that 200 miles above the arctic circle) - WHAAAAAAAAaa - and I was chilly this morning with -1deg.

Enjoy OK, remember what I said, take some time just for you, go for a walk (not over the ice Rolling Eyes) and look to the future.

Wishing you all that is good Tulip - love you and the kids, do take care - now, go HAVE FUN. Ride a sledge for me OK and rub noses with an eskimo please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 05:35 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

No, Letty, I don't recognise these lines.

I'll try to get a solution, now I've fessed up.

Oh Dear Letty - me too also... Confessions of a Cyber Crew. Shocked

I had to look it up to. Gosh, what a crew we are a? Good job we're virtual. HA!

ahhhhh - bless you Letty. Have done many a dance with a Scotsman in a kilt - my exhub is Scottish - we had a Highland Wedding with Pipers and all. Ah, beautiful day that was. Long long ago... ho ho ho. x

POMcT - sending you on a training course!!!!!!!!!!!! x
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 05:38 pm
@Dutchy,
BEAgle boy - helllllllo to you. Smiling here. I know life is being good to you right now and am loving that for you. x

Missy - keeping everything crossed for the Professor and posivibing for y'all. Really hope you managed to sleep last nite and after tomorrow you can chill out for a bit. Glad too you've been organised and that you can just enjoy for a while now. Love you. x
mismi

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 08:14 pm
@Izzie,
Hello Izzie...

Tulip - I hope you do well on your test tomorrow. And I hope you get to see your northern lights. Enjoy your time away.

Hey there Dutchy - I know those babies are enjoying their grandaddy so much. ((Dutchy))

Letty - always enjoy your posts.

Good to see you Bazza and McT.

Izzie - I am fine...bit of a crazy evening. S smashed his finger in the back door...it is nasty. Makes me want to throw up when I look at it. Thankfully the after hours nurse does not think we need to go to the Emergency Room. That would be no fun. We have no insurance right now! Yikes. Yes - looking forward to having the party over and done tomorrow so I can really just sit back and enjoy the holidays.

It looks like I am heading toward Bronchitus again...apparently I am just prone to it since I had it so badly a while back. This will be my second bout this season. So crazy. I will get to rest soon enough though.

Hugs girly....you go to bed.
Wink
mis

Take care of yourself girl.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 09:14 pm
@mismi,
Hi crew, another quick visit, good to see you all and reading your interesting comments. Fun with the little ones almost over, they're travelling home tomorrow but we won't miss them for long, as next Tuesday we're travelling over their way to spend Christmas with them. Also looking forward for some ocean fishing with my son, fridge needs stocking up. Smile
0 Replies

annis

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 11:57 am
Hey just wanted to let you all know I passed my Massage practical, not only passed I was top of the class! The examiner was really inpressed with my case studies and massage technique!! Well still waiting to hear if I passed the theory! But am glad today is over!!

So now have a Fab Christmas one and all XX Take care and keep safeXX
Tai Chi

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 12:02 pm
@annis,
Hi annis. Well done! You sure deserve some relaxation after all that hard work. Looking forward to hearing about your arctic trip!
djjd62

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 12:42 pm
for any yabberer's interested, i made a christmas music mix that you can download, it's here http://able2know.org/topic/139292-1
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 03:01 pm
@annis,
Morning crew and a special congratulations to Tulip for an outstanding effort in coming top of the class.

Izzie have you put the kettle on, in need of an Earl Grey.

0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 04:21 pm

Bloody cold this evening. Ice and snow, the north wind do blow.

In keeping with the nautical versification we've seen recently, I was thinking and humming along to the old favourite

One night when I was a-trimming of the glim
And singing a verse from the evening hymn
A voice from the starboard shouted "Ahoy!"
And there was me mother, a-sittin' on a buoy

(-not a boy, what is a juvenile male
But a buoy what guides the ships to sail)
Izzie

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 04:44 pm
@McTag,
Boy.... you sound like you need some cocoa!

It's blooming freezing innit!!!!!!!!!!

BEAgle, made you a cuppa.... come on over! Wha........ 10000 miles.... that's nothing! Tulip is off to Finland - YAYAYAYYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYYAY for her and the kids...

TULIP - YOU ARE UTTERLY BRILLIANT..... of course, I told you that already - but you are, everything I said, I mean - go and enjoy yourself now and just take stock of how much you have achieved. MAHHHEVELLOUS GIRL.... just marvellous! So very proud of you.

Of course, I know how good her massages are..... oooh, left a little, down a bit.... ah, there...

and Tulip - thank you. Thank you for your gift.

Missy - hope you are feeling better girl, keeping the posivibes going for you and the Professor and hope you will enjoy your Christmas.

SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL'S OUT FOR ME. I'm done for a couple weeks now. YAYAYAYAYYAAYAYYAY again. Little fella is only just settling down so a little quiet time shortly.

POMcT - left hand up...

Razz
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 04:46 pm
@Tai Chi,
Hey TC - how ya doing? You bah-humbugging? Hope you are fully recovered now and all is good over the pond and up a bit. How much snow have you got. I want some..... please............. just a little bit of snow.... a white Christmas...........

<still a little under the weather here, but improved enormously thankfully... says sneezy>

I think I am going to go to the beach on Christmas Day. Snow would be fabulous at the beach.

DjjD - love the compilation - how clever was that and what a wonderful gift. Excellent job jd.

xx
Tai Chi

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 05:21 pm
@Izzie,
Well, really, don't get me started. Everything hurts. I have been working too hard preparing for a big sale starting tomorrow. And I get to work the weekend too. We have drastically extended hours Saturday and will be under-staffed. So...I'm gonna be pooped and even crabbier than usual Sad

Oh wait, maybe this is the emoticon I need Drunk

Sorry, but you did ask... Cool

(I think I need to get a few emoticons out of my system.)
Izzie

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 05:28 pm
@Tai Chi,
Glad I asked too... have a rant on the deck girl - you can be as crabby as you like here

and here... use this one...

http://profy.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/images/phil1/2/mademoticon.gif

Has work got people off sick, is that why you're understaffed? So sorry everything hurts... nasty feeling.

How did Mr Fixit's college sale go? Was he a happy chappy?

Really hope you can find some energy from somewhere TC - are you off on Monday? Hoping you can rest up tonite and get thru the next couple days.

Bah.... love a humbug.

x
Tai Chi

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 05:52 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:
Has work got people off sick, is that why you're understaffed?

Nope. Management is being cheap. Four people to cover 14 hours on Sat -- 7am to 4pm, 8am to 5pm, 1pm to 9pm (lucky me) and our teenager only gets 5 to 9pm. Massive sales advertised, extra inserts in the newspapers etc. With lunch and dinner breaks there will sometimes be only one person on the floor. Ought to be interesting.

Quote:
How did Mr Fixit's college sale go? Was he a happy chappy?

Well, he sold a pendant. Sales were down from last year. He's supposed to be kicking back and relaxing but he's been asked to write an article for an jewelry industry magazine due when he gets back in January. I swear I don't know how he gets himself into these pickles! (Guess who his typist is?)
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 04:28 am
@Tai Chi,
Wish you well this weekend Tai Chi, don't overdo it, look after number one first! We don't want to see you in bed over Christmas due to exhaustion. And go easy on the booze please. Smile

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 06:18:01