"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Izzie

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 05:58 pm
@McTag,
Ah see, well I was a rubbish dancer to start with Razz , but I do still love to "flounce" around. Didn't know about FiB - she's a good strong lass -the accident sounds horrendous, nasty, glad she is able to walk but wish the occasional pain away for her - oof.

Mine no way compares - my 3rd was the BIGGIE surgery. Lost count now, will this be 5th/6th... mmm.....6th I think.... hmmmm really can't recall - Seriously, they are no more than nuisances, inconvenient and just painful at times, but if it makes walking less pain long term - that's the road to go. I intend to Salsa dance eventually, I just need to find a dance partner! And go mountain climbing! I need a guide there Wink

So all in all, no worries here, just a wee hard work for a tad and then - I'll be travelling again no doubt Very Happy

OK.............. I gotta shutdown... midnite... WORK..... where has the day gone... nite McT. x

love to all the crew, those near and far

(((Blue))) miss ya bub

Iz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mismi

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 06:11 pm
@Izzie,
Go to sleep. Sweet dreams.

I am on my way out the door....see y'all tomorrow Wink
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 07:13 pm
Popping in for a quick "hi" to the crew. Been trying to get my Christmas shopping, mailing, cleaning etc done in the last couple of days off (trying!) I am very much a bah, humbug kinda gal so ...but our itsy bitsy table top ceramic tree is up Mr. Green

Still got a little over a week to get my act together, right?
Letty

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 07:46 pm
@Tai Chi,
This really is a humbug, Tai Chi

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/pugbug/Macro/humbug3.jpg
Tai Chi

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:04 pm
@Letty,
A Humbug Christmas for you, Letty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA1m3s1YfPw
Letty

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:20 pm
@Tai Chi,
Tai Chi, That was priceless. Thank you for the smile.
verbivore

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 01:34 am
@Letty,
izziiee Sad dint know the next surgery was due Sad.. dont knw what to say..
sincere prayers for you..sent all the way from here ..when exactly is the surgery? guess i shud read back to knw tht?
ill pray..
a quick hi to rest ye all..
wil cme back soon..
bazza sorry the other day it was eby who was at the PC ..i saw ur msg much aftr u left..wil ctch up soon..

0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 05:58 am
@Izzie,
Morning crew.Last shift coming up at work tonight.WoooooooooooHooooooooooo!
Missi-hard times at this time of year are the worst,but I'm sure your little guys are well grounded and won't put too many demands on you.
Captain-I took 1 of 4 to the same restaurant that PQ and I ate in with the 2 guys from The States (they were worried about the quality of English food so I hit them with both barrels.They left the table with big smiles but empty pockets)
As to be expected,they had their Christmas menu on offer.1 of 4 had soup which I think was consome and I had foir-grass.We both had Venison and finished on cheese and biscuits/Christmas pudding.The food looked like mini works of art.Small portions but beautifully presented and bursting with flavor.We ended the evening with me slapping The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas into the player (her jaw hit the floor at the end also).
Momaverbs-don't worry,we will bump into each other live one day,then we can have a good old natter.
Time for me to climb the apples.CPO McT,no sleeping at the wheel now!(Left hand down a bit!) and watch out for Number One!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 08:33 am

Starboard lookout 'ere, Leading Seaman Goldstein. It's cold, I want my cocoa.
Izzie

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 08:44 am
@McTag,
Walked into the house, walking out of the house....... cocoa will be made later for all deckhands.... Wink

oh gosh, I.AM.SO.LATE.

Need to be in the city in 45mins...... ooooooooooooooh nooooooooooooooooo

gone

MaMaVerby - do not worry, all is more than alright.

BACK LATER..........................................

aggggggggggggggghhhh late
Izzie

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 08:45 am
@Izzie,
oh, right hand down.............................. hold tight....
mismi

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:03 pm
@Izzie,
Hi!

How's all? I am hunkering down. I think I am getting something. Feel rather run down right now. I just need to go to bed early I think.

Hope you all had a good day.

misxxoo
Izzie

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:15 pm
@mismi,
Okeydokey - time for Cocoa POMcT

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/images/uploads/cocoa_parisienne_L.jpg

ooops... spilt a bit, darn that left hand down....

and for mis, you need this...

http://scienceblogs.com/neurotopia/chicken%20soup(1).jpg

oooops, chicken sooooooooooooooooooooooooooup, this one...

http://afridgefulloffood.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/chicken_noodle_soup_thyme.jpg

go grab some rest while you can Mis, thinking of you and know you're so very tard right now, love you girlie. xx

Tulip - have left you a couple phone messages, where're you at a? Final exam coming up on Thursday right? Then... off to those Northern Lights. So wish we were coming with you. Missing you girl, and the kids. x

back in a bit, gotta settle the little fella down - we've been completely outrageous tonite with a microphone and listening to our voices... oh yuk, it's awful hearing your own voice - he sounds the same when he's recorded but oh, listening to my voice - yuk yuk yuk. Razz We've been giggling so badly. It's the small things ya know, they keep a smile on my face. What's the expression, little things please little min....mines! Wink

oops, mind yer step...

mismi

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:31 pm
@Izzie,
Thanks for the soup...that actually sounds really good.

Here's to the "little things".

Little Things - India Arie

((Izzie)) keep smiling! Laughter is the best medicine. Wink
Dutchy

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 07:09 pm
@mismi,
Morning Izzie and mismi. Just popping my head in to say hello and reporting all is well downunder. Kids are a buzz and keep me going all day, what energy an eleven, eight and four your old have. Phew!!! Hugs from the Bosun.
verbivore

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 09:49 pm
@Dutchy,
Early morning Hi from here..Bazza sure wed catch up sme day..till then know am grateful for you kind gesture..prayers and all..got to knw from izzie..
Izziee..waiting to hear how ur surgery went..prayers and hugs dear..and Hrehaan will pray for his God mother too Smile.
hiya to mismi and dutchy and neone else whos around..
Dutchy

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 10:30 pm
@verbivore,
Hi verbivore, pleased to see Hrehaan is already praying, what a wise little boy. Hope he is prospering and you're enjoying motherhood.
Izzie

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 11:24 am
@Dutchy,
Evening Crew

Oh MaMaVerby " last lot of surgery was OK, easy actually, just didn’t work completely " next lot in Feb. Dealing with that at a later date. Please don’t worry " all is fine. Truly. Now, much more importantly, how is your little Hrehaan doing? How are you getting along? Are things a little more settled now? Tell us how you are hun. x

Missy " how ya doing today? You feeling any better? Not long now, then a little time to sit back. I know, it will be busy for you over Christmas, so you must take time to rest up when you can so you’ll have some energy for then. Thinking of you. x

BEAgle " ah, you are busy too with the g-kids " that’s fab " glad you are going to be with the family for Christmas and that all is well! Very Happy x

Dj - hope you had a great birthday and all is good with you. Did you get your check-up? x

WELL. Whatta day!!!!!!!!!!!

The most beautiful sunrise " just extraordinary. Minus 1 degree, thru the fogbank, up a hill, into the clear, down the hill, thru the fogbank, up a hill and so on. Stunningly lovely. Of course, it made me late for work coz I had to do a 5 minute stop and breathe to watch the sun rise above the moors, but that was OK and totally worth a little peace time " it was gonna be one of those days from thereonafter. I don’t think I did any work that I had to today " just firefighting again " and the really cranky parent from way back when was having a bad day " gosh, so aggressive Rolling Eyes " I’ve been given permission to respond at my leisure " which I have done but am not gonna send it until tomorrow when I will feel a little more charitable towards her being nasty nasty! She’s having a tough time, but she is sooooooo belligerant and totally unnecessarily so.

Anyhoooooo...that's just a stormy teacup - we had a crisis " our poor cook (you know, the one who witnessed that horrible accident a few months back), poor love, she got a phone call to say her son had been in an accident at his school and an ambulance had been called " possible broken arm and possible broken leg too - playing soccer " good grief Shocked She was in a pickle (understatement of the year) " so she had to go quicksmart " and I transformed into hamburger monitor and kitchen duty (ha, moi!) for school lunch. Fortunately, everything else was prepared " so, on with the plastic gloves and making patties (ugh, raw meat, ugh. Waiting to hear from her to see how her son is doing, bless her. Well, then it was just phonecall after phonecall and this, that and t’others! Good golly Miss Molly.

So, late home " and can you imagine, I walked in and found that the little fella had hoovered downstairs, put the washing in the dryer and the washing in the washing machine. I sat down and a cuppa tea materialised in front of me. How lucky am I a? He’s had the Crimbo Carol music out and has been flauting and now we have the Spiderwick Chronicles DVDing. Excellent movie.

So, I am knackered. One more day of work and that’s that for a couple weeks. Still haven’t done the Christmas shopping.... hmmmmmmmm.... I need to be enthused.

K " going to see what’s been happening around the place " and try and figure out what to do for dinner.

Sleep, need sleep (there's a thing!)

0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 11:43 am

The gentle sleep, that knits the ravell'd sleeve of care....

PO McT reading along, while scanning the horizon between times.
Letty

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 01:18 pm
@McTag,
O sleep it is a gentle thing,
Beloved from pole to pole

To Mary Queen the praise be given,
She sent the gentle sleep from heaven
That slid into my soul.

I know your Shakespeare. Do you know my quote? (don't cheat)

Incidentally, you and Izzie can do this dance quite easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql1VmaWEjX0&feature=related

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 07:50:44