"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Barry The Mod

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 07:19 pm
Sorry to hear you've had "storms" Captain.The weatherman was predicting unsettled weather Wink .
Collected 1 of 4 at London Waterloo thisavo.Pigged out at The Golden Arches (McD's).Saw a pic of her first scan and couldn't make head nor tail of it! Poor old 2 of 4,apart from the agro with the op on her leg,she's picked up a bug which has knocked her sideways but she is being well looked after.It's 1 of 4's birthday on Monday so I've planned a surprise top notch meal at a posh restaurant in Greenwich tomorrow(Sunday) and will crack open a bottle of champers at midnight.Only got 2 more nights at work (Mon and Tue) then I'm off until after Christmas.Looking forward to a bit of R&R!
McTag

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 04:17 am
@Barry The Mod,

Sounds good, Baz. Posh restaurants I like....I like Greenwich too.
Steve 41oo had a gastropub he liked to go to there, near the river somewhere.

Hope you have a really nice nosh with the family, and can walk home afterwards.
msolga

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 04:34 am
@McTag,
G'day McTag.

Where is Steve 4100 these days? I haven't seen him here for ages.
Izzie

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 04:54 am
@msolga,
Good Morning

Hey McT - you back home now... coz if you are then...

Very Happy Smile Wink Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarrassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral 2 Cents Drunk Mr. Green have one of these on me!!!!!!!!

How's FiB's back? and how was the rest of London Town. Chelmsford for New Year... are you gonna be seeing Stevie?????? Little fella and I are planning to be up there (Halstead).... FQ doesn't know it yet, but I might come up on the 26th. Little fella is at his Dad's on Christmas Eve and Day and comes back to me on 26th morning - so i figured, soon as he gets back we may just jump in the car and go on up if I haven't lost the plot by that stage and depending on how many she's got staying over and what her plans are ... so, if you're around may get to see you.

MzOlga, gd'avo to you girl - haven't heard from Stevie in an eon but I believe Walter is in contact with him. Miss seeing him round the board.

Bazza - gosh, her bday too a? Have a great time - I know you will - so glad all is going well and you two are spending time together. Poor 2 of 4, darn bugs, I reckon everyone's had summat or another - ack. Sad Be good for you to have some R&R - 'bout time a?

Have a good day all. x
msolga

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:09 am
@Izzie,
Quote:
haven't heard from Stevie in an eon but I believe Walter is in contact with him. Miss seeing him round the board.

Yes, me too, Iz.

Good (Sunday) evening to you! Very Happy
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:46 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
haven't heard from Stevie in an eon but I believe Walter is in contact with him. Miss seeing him round the board.

Yes, me too, Iz.

He's (they are) doing fine - just (or because?) without private computer. (Might be, Steve will use mine when he's here again.)
msolga

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks, Walter.

Please say "hello" from us when next you're in touch with him.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 05:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks Walter - good to know all is well with him and MrsStevie.

Actually, I have his phone number here somewhere..... somewhere.... somewhere....
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 07:06 am
@Izzie,

Quote:
How's FiB's back? and how was the rest of London Town. Chelmsford for New Year... are you gonna be seeing Stevie??????

Just spent the two nights at the brothers: No. 1 niece was in a school concert which we wanted to see, and we drove back up here yesterday.
Fiona's back is much better now, so I've got her doing the ironing at the moment.
(only joking, ladies, calm down.)
But she is doing the ironing, and I've just been to Sainsbury's to get her Xmas baking shopping. Division of labour, you see.

Probably won't see Steve in Essex (sounds like he's going to Germany!???!!!) and we're goung to a family party on the 2nd January in Broomfield, staying overnight in the Premier Inn at Chelsford (I hear it's grotty) and overnighting in Enfield on the Sunday.

'Tis the season to be jolly, after all.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 01:34 am

And when they eventually found the Marie Celeste, the ship was sailing in circles, apparently abandoned, but no-one could tell why.
Izzie

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 05:11 am
@McTag,
Ha! I said Firm Hand on the Tiller POMcT, not fall asleep a? Wink

Good Morning Petty Officer McT -

yep, possibly someone had a few too many and shouted abandon ship - best send out the lifeboats! Whilst there, can you bring some of FiB's baking back on board. Love a mince pie... LOVE 'EM. Razz

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisy - what you up to gal? Is school out yet or do you break up this week? Little fella has broken up but he's gonna have to come to school with me for the next few days - we have our school Christmas Lunch tomorrow which is always a treat (all the staff serve the children), then the kids are taken off by coach to go carol singing to the "old folks" at a local hotel. Sounds lovely, they've been practicing.

BEAgle - have those g-kids been running around heaps. How are you?

Bazza - did you have the best celebratory dinner last nite - I'm sure 1 of 4 would have loved it.

Alex, Blue, Dj, TC, Stormy, Tsar, MaMaVerby, JPB, RH ... et al the crew... thinking of y'all

Busy folks I reckon, one and all - so, hope all are well managing to cope with the holiday season and the pressures it can sometimes bring to bear.... along with a mince pie and glass of port or two.... Very Happy

Off to see the surgeon today <oh goody goody> ho ho ho and work tomorrow and then to the city to see Wellbeing @ Work (man, that's gonna be a looooooooooong day), work Wed and Thurs - THEN- SCHOOL'S OUT!!!!!

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh - we gotta a Christmas Tree - it's been up, down, decorated umpteen times, then undecorated unmpteen less one time - ya know, you have to get the lights JUST RIGHT - and they are now - little fella wanted it in the lounge - it's errrrrrrr.... largish - the tree - but he loves it. We have a wonky star and lots of beautiful, simply beautiful baubles. Lubby jubbly. S-boy is very happy with it.

Took hours to work out the lights, just how many sets do we have that don't work.... 6.... that's how many - it would have helped, having unstrung them all and checked all the bulbs, to actually use the correct AC adapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long time..... long time, that's what it took. We did it. We have twinkling lights and a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful tree.

I haven't been able (in my head) to get Crimbo pressies yet. Trying. TRYING OK! I can do this. I am going to make myself go to the shops after seeing the surgeon thisavo. Did make myself leave the house yesterday - and GUESS WHAT - I met someone I haven't seen in 3 years Rolling Eyes....... it was lovely, she's so lovely, BUT.... we worked together for many years at my old school..... but I had to do the 3yr thing of wittering over a supermarket trolley without having to let any emotion out about some stuff.... ack, rubbish..... and then I start feeling all strange again. Oh to go somewhere where no-one knows me or asks me about the past....

Nem'mind - it was so good to see her - we were very close at my old school - lovely lovely lady. It was good to see her. I hugged her big when we went down our seperate aisles Very Happy

Hoist 'em sails... gonna toooot toot the whistle and see who appears for roll call...

toooooooooooot tooooooooooooooooooooooot ............ Very Happy

<I'll be in the galley making a cuppa Rolling Eyes>

lovin' y'all... do, whether you're here or not Razz

McTag

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 06:59 am

Xmes puddings (2 no.) not mince pies. Maybe they'll come later.

If you could use some exotic booze, there's a bar in far Bombay.
Izzie

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 07:10 am
@McTag,
we'll sail there then..................... off to Bombay with a Crimbo Pud Very Happy

and WE ARE SINGING AND DANCING

we've done a very loud rendition of Les Miserables - all of them..... WE ARE SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz

Ha!

going going gone to see the mr cutterupperer of bionic feet

laterz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mismi

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:37 am
@Izzie,
Hey girl,
Thoughts and prayers are with you on the visit.

No, we are all still in school until Friday. I wish we were out. But of course - we need the money so, work is good. Then a two week break - which will be great. We had a great time in Mobile. Always love being with Mom and Dad. Of course, they are worried about me.

They think I am under too much stress...but really all things considered, we are doing quite well. We do have an offer. So we are thankful. In this economy, they low balled us, which is fine. We will be happy to have a job. It will not sustain us as we are though. I will have to take a second job, he may have to as well. Which means I will have a lot less free time. Not that I have a whole lot now...but my life in the past has been a happy little time for me. I have been blessed to have it. This is harsh reality and being thankful for the opportunity to have any job in this economic climate is the very least I can be. So, I look forward with a grateful heart.

Hugs to you all...I will be back later I hope. It will be a very busy week with all of the kids parties and looking for more sub work. So, I will peek in when I can.

Have a wonderful day!
Missy
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:46 am
@Izzie,

Best of British with the surgeon, cap'n. Hope those feet are now shipshape and Bristol fashion.
Izzie

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 01:48 pm
@McTag,
Evening All!

Thanku McT and Missy Very Happy

Oh Mis - I hope so much that everything will fall into a balance again and start levelling out - you're up in the air and that's so difficult - I know you need to have things in an order and to be able to prepare - ya know tho Mis, you are dealing incredibly well and you will have a great family support - you will also have a lovely holiday break, because you'll make it so. Your kids and family will give you the strength and I know right now your faith is keeping you heads up. The balance will right itself for you all ... it will - I know it will. Love you Missy x

Busy afternoon here - we are exhausted Razz

Little fella met my surgeon today, which was good, he heard explanations of what happens. Will be hobbling again in approx 8 weeks - more delicate this time, on the left, from top mid foot, shortening bones - but that's fine. Deal with that then, hey ho ho ho.

We did TESCO... ugh... UGH! All those people and all that food - everywhere. Mammoth store... oooooooooooh, so many people.

So, now we're home, have just had dinner (lemon sole mmm mmmmmm good) and have a twinkling Christmas Tree which little fella added more "kid" decorations to - he's happy, so that's all good. He pleaded for some blue LED twinkling lights to put up in the conservatory - 280 of them, which were half price - that was a treat ('twas just a few pounds, worth each and every penny).

k..... gotta go and sort out the kitchen - it looks like it's imploded Razz

Smooooooooches. x

mismi

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 04:49 pm
@Izzie,
Thanks Iz...it will be fine. One fine day at a time. All I can do is today.

I am going out with the girls tonight. My friends are taking me away. I needed that. I do have sweet friends...blessed like that. Here at A2K as well. Can't say I don't have everything I need. I do - I keep telling the boys that as well. We have everything we NEED. They don't quite get the difference between wants and needs though! It'll come.

Like the sound of the blue twinkly lights...blue lights mesmerize me...and I ain't talking about the kind I see in my rear view mirror. Well...hope NOT to see in my rear view mirror. Very Happy I hope S enjoys his Christmas vacation. It is nice I must say...can't say enough of how happy I will be to have a couple of weeks in a row off of work. I feel burned out. Need a good rest.

Hugs to you sweet friend.
Talk to y'all laytah!
mis

McTag

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 05:00 pm

Dem bones, dem bones gonna
Walk around
Now hear the word of de Cap'n
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 05:20 pm
@mismi,
Rest up little lady - get a good nites sleep my friend. It's 11.20pm here and I should be settling - early start tomorrow and huge day....6.30am rise - 6pm return - ooooooooooof - can I do that............ oh my word. Gotta drive back into the big city tomorrow late pm but will have to drop the little fella at home (don't like to do that but he can't come with me and I have no-where/one to take care of him.... my neighbour will pop in and check on him. Ack. ho hum. You need a=to go rest sweet child - make the most of the holidays - enjoy your moments that take your breath away (that does not include running the stairs) Smile love you x

Oh S-boy is with his father over Christmas.... I'm gonna...... NOT A CLUE.... NOT.A.CLUE. He comes back on the 26th.... he'll have a fab time with everthing there............... <now Iz has to stop talking without sounding bah Razz) No worries, he will enjoy himself for a couple days there.

PettyOfficerMcT - yep dem bones are screwed, wired, pinned and fused - but... hey, dem feet were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do - eventually, tho, never will be pain free, walking on marbles (MTPheads) is too painful, 'tis just the way ;tis - need to get the nodule underneath to stop rearing it's MTPhead - so, this is very different surgery. I KNOW it will all be ticketyboooooooooots.... Razz

I intend to spend the next 8 weeks dancing RazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazzRazz Very Happy

0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 05:39 pm

Yo, Izzie, not much I can say, I feel for you girl. Forgive my occasional levity, I find it helps sometimes.

You won't know that Fiona once had her foot smashed in a bad accident and they thought they'd have to amputate, it was too badly mangled, but they eventually managed to save it. However she often has bad pains in it, even now. And it ruined her dancing career, sorry, her love of dancing hobby.

We " fit" people should be humbly grateful, every day, for what we've got.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 1.3 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 08:26:01