"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

mismi

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 02:43 pm
@Tryagain,
Hey Iz - enjoy the blues bar...sounds like so much fun!

Try said:
Quote:
Access your favorite forum at least once in a half hour, and while checking out the posts, refresh the page every two seconds to check for new replies. This should pretty much keep you busy throughout the day and keep you from doing real work…

You think I don't know how to keep from doing real work? I am a professional procrastinator I'll have you know.

Try said:
Quote:
Say Hi to the Professor for me…and tell him I still say he is too short to slam dunk!

Well - who says you have to slam dunk to play basketball? And he's plenty tall enough to take care of me. Wink So lay off, Blue. Razz I told him you said "Hi" and he said, " Try who?" And I said, "Try again"...and he said he would be happy to oblige me. Laughing

Oh I get Dutchy. No worries there mate. He is man. I understand man. Very Happy

((Try)) miss you and your warped sense of humor.

So anyhoo.

I cut all four of my boys hair today. Even the Prof's. My back porch is a mess...I have to go sweep it. My Mom and Dad-in-law are coming to keep the kids and we are going to see Inglorious Bastards. I think it will be interesting...I loved Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2 - so I think I will probably like this too...we'll see though.

We went to the Market today. I got some of the most amazing heirloom tomatoes. They were so good. Yeah...I already ate them. Very Happy I'll have to post some pics...it was a beautiful day here and so breezy.

Thoughts are with you all.
hugs,
mis
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 04:13 pm
@Izzie,
Quote:
Off to a Blues Bar tonite - see ya there - HA!

With you in spirit Captain,watching The Blues Brothers Very Happy
Dutchy

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 04:47 pm
@Barry The Mod,
Morning crew, a quiet Sunday morning here whilst Izzie is painting the town red in Chicago. Trust you're having lots of fun and thank you you for posting more pictures, including the handsome wandeljw.

Mismi you've done well today, cutting the tribe's hair is no mean feat, plus going to the market, proud of you. Wink

Friends wedding anniversary, so we're off to a nice restaurant and enjoy Chinese cuisine later on today.

Enjoy the Blues Brothers, harbourmaster. Smile
Izzie

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 05:39 pm
@Dutchy,
THE GIRLS (and the little fella) are off to paint Chi-town blue... errrrrrr RED! Wink

Queen Dev is here...

off we go................................->

<oh, I need to go to sleep.... ha>
Izzie

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 02:29 am
@Izzie,
oh.... (sings and plays the blues) - it was fab

as for the pizza (ahem... just a short wait..... <NEARLY 2 HOURS - amen!)

the JPB and little fella are zzzzzzzzzzzzing...

Queen Dev and I are gonna go zzzzzzzz now.

Lovely evening - S-boy stole the show. Brave little fella he was.

Thanku everyone for a great nite out. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
McTag

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 03:04 am

This is page 777 wow.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 07:36 am
@Izzie,
Sounds like a great time Iz. 2 hour wait for pizza...wow. That's a long time! Hope you all rested well...I will talk to you all in a little while. So glad you got to meet Dev....would have loved to been able to do that to Dev. So glad you got to go see Iz.

Hugs y'all.
mis
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 07:41 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:
Lovely evening - S-boy stole the show. Brave little fella he was.

S-boy is an amazing kid. Did he learn the blues from Rockhead?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 08:13 am
morning, yabber crew.

We had a fun night last night. S-boy was on stage with Sammy Fender for much of the set. Sammy showed him some moves and taught him some lessons of life. There were a couple recurring themes, the main one being no matter what else you do don't ever forget to, "Love your momma." He hit on it from a dozen or so angles always ending with, "Love your momma." I think the captain will be pulling that one out of her parental bag of tricks occasionally. Wink

It's great that dev is here. I'm glad she was able to make the trip in.

We're going to try to slow things down a bit today. A trip over to Navy Pier and a ride to the top of the John Hancock bldg. Dev returns to MI later this afternoon and my daughter K will be joining the slumber party tonight.

Last full day with the captain today. We'll spend Monday morning in the city, meet the locals for a final lunch, head back to the suburbs for some final packing and a trip to the airport for the final send off. Not going to think about that yet. We've got today to enjoy first.

Hugs all around!
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 09:16 am
Sammy Fender (without S'boy)....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JoDnMFFkfU
Izzie

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 02:00 pm
@Barry The Mod,
<copy paste from Chi-town thread>

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... the Blues Club last nite was fab! S-boy became a soul-boy and joined in on the set rolling his hips (appararently known as the sexy circle - who knew!) We loved it. LOVED IT. A little "Stand By Me" and a sing-a-long and lot of "Love Your Momma" - ha - GREAT - very good memories made last nite.

ART INSTITUTE WAS AMAZING. Trying to find a favourite painting would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Found a Seurat tho - will post pics when we get back to the UK.

Longest wait in the world for a pizza <ahem> - but it did taste good and JfC's got dinner today - thanku so much ci for dinner - he treated us - bless you. We did laugh a whole bunch coming back in the car from the club. Thanku Chi-town hosts - you're brill.

Struggling a bit today keeping up so JPB and QueenDev have gone to Navy Pier with the little fella and hoping to meet up with ci - we think he may be waiting for the bus - which we've discovered doesn't run on a Sunday - so fingers crossed they can hook up together. Off to the Hancock Tower a little later and a drink on the 95th I believe (?) - and plans TBD for dinner tonite.

Good to be here - have the loveliest suite in a hotel organised by JPB and great to meet up with Dev - didn't stop yabbering until 3.30am with a cuppa tea in hand. Just spoke to our Missy too - we could imagine the 4 of us on Segways (?) going thru the streets of Chicago - certainly a mishap would happen I reckon.

Thanku all for making this a great way to end our visit to the US this year.

<only set the alarm off twice in the Art Institute - I deny the third alarm Embarrassed > saw the most gorgeous dragonflies... oh oh oh

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - there we have it! It really was lovely last nite and, actually, all the crew were with us. I have so many pics I wanna post y'all but 'tis gonna have to wait until I get home. Ha - you'd all have laughed with S-boy - he made me smile so big.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/usa%202009/DSC02727.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/usa%202009/DSC02732.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/usa%202009/DSC02735.jpg

ahoy there

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/usa%202009/DSC02739.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/usa%202009/DSC02741.jpg

and Bazza - looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook at what is parked opposite our hotel! Shocked LOVE IT!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/usa%202009/DSC02786.jpg

Oh.... Blue - who knew - you were there! Truly - you are the Blues Wink Right up there on the wall watching over...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/usa%202009/DSC02689.jpg

ahahhahahahhaha Razz

mismi

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 02:03 pm
Oh Izzie - that S is adorable! Looks like he is having such a great time! So glad! GO REST SISTER!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 03:07 pm

God!
That boy's only 12, and already he has achieved my lifetime's ambition, and I haven't.
Boo hoo hoo.

Nice, that the band made a fuss of him. Marvellous.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 04:13 pm
@Izzie,
Congratulations to S-boy! Those photos will be a great memory for him.
Dutchy

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 04:50 pm
@wandeljw,
Magic photos Izzie, S--boy is a star, I want his autograph!
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 03:00 am
OK Yanks,you've had the pleasure of our Captain's company and now we want her back! Track her departure here....
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW298

Mama verbs,no vacation plans yet.
Bosun,when we're bad,we are rubbish! When we are adequate,we win by 197 runs!
Dutchy

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 04:04 am
@Barry The Mod,
Hi Barry, thanks for that. The better team won my friend, congratulations, you deserve the Ashes.

Wishing the Captain and S-boy a great flight home.
Izzie

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 09:32 am
@Dutchy,
aaaaaaaah leaving the hotel shortly for our last lunch together with ci and JfC, doing a quick stop at B'hai Temple on the way back to JPB's and then pack up and straight to the airport. OMGAWD! Can't believe it's nearly all done here... could spend so much longer and Chi-town and would only scratch the surface. It's been fantastic. Thanku to our hosts/ess - THANKU. x
mismi

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 09:37 am
@Izzie,
Have a great day Izzie. Thoughts and prayers are with you for your flight home. I enjoyed talking to you so much!
Love you!
mis
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 09:49 am
@Barry The Mod,
Barry The Mod wrote:

OK Yanks,you've had the pleasure of our Captain's company and now we want her back!

Every Yank that met Izzie was smitten with her. Every American girl that met S-boy was smitten with him.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 10:43:50