"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

mismi

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 01:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Set doesn't like kitty kitties? For shame! I love kitties...though I love my doggies too...though one of them is driving me insane. Pistol is being a bad boy...he is shocking the heck out of himself to get out of the fence...don't know what I am going to do with my big boy. If he would stay OUT FROM UNDER my feet I would let him stay inside...I almost kill myself everytime he's in here while I am working.

We went to a petting zoo Saturday - there were infant sheep in there...the CUTEST little things you ever saw - two sets of twins...one was fed by the mom the other had to be bottle fed because the mama refused to feed it...that little thing followed the farmer around everywhere...it was about the most adorable thing I ever saw...made me want a baby sheep. There was a baby llama too...three weeks old - the most beautiful eyes with the longest lashes... hmm...wonder if I could get a llama?
FlavourQueen

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 03:47 pm
@mismi,
Oh Mis. I grew up on a farm and we had a pet lamb who was a rejected twin and we hand raised her. Shewas called Lamb Chop ('Choppy') and she didn't think she was a sheep. We bottle fed her and she came in the house. She lived till she was 15 and died of old age. She followed us kids around like a dog and head butted us if we teased her. A real character. Izzie knew her well. She was so loved!!
Glad you are home safely sweetie.
Love to all on board and take it easy Iz
Love and big hugs
FQxx
Tryagain

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 03:48 pm
G’Day possums; was a catch phrase used by a well known Australian female impersonator whose name escapes me, but I would like to Try and make clear; it was not Dutchy of whom I speak.

That having been said, one can only admire his in depth knowledge of coruscations. Thanks for the invite mate, but no way can I can drive over from Tittybong (Vic) to your shack. I will check to see if I can land the chopper on the helipad of the hospital next door.

Maintaining the OZ theme, may I say in reply to Spikey; I believe (from what I gathered from Dutchy) that Lovatt's is something to do with a book of the bible being published in monthly installments; but it is written in code!

As for your location; and not wishing to offend any Wagga Wagga (pronounced wogga wogga for some reason unbeknown to me) residents…If Jesus returned to earth: Venus Bay is where he would pitch his tent. Bonzer place.

At this juncture I would like to make it perfectly clear that the reference:

(Psalm 28:9) Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever.

In no way refers to hairy armpits; it just looked like Missy was carrying a lamb under each arm!
Glad you mentioned the Professor that will make Kicky as jealous as hell.

Bethy; I have known people to wear different color socks, but never shoes! Check out a local chiropodist to treat your outward turning feet.

No pussy jokes from me Izzie:

What did the Dalai Lama say to the hot dog vendor?
Make me one with everything.

The hot dog vendor said "that will be $2.50" and the Dalai Lama handed him a five, and waited.

The Dalia Lama said "Hey where's my change?"
The hot dog vendor said "change must come from within!"

Later dudes.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 04:02 pm
@mismi,
Hey Alex - glad you had a good time last nite. Hope you managed to achieve some things today Very Happy

Missy - you’re back in the nest - so pleased you had a good time - poor Sboy - oh, nasty!

Talking of lambs….. Meet BLEATING BOB!!!! He came by for a visit the other nite - his maaaamaaaa unfortunately went to sheep heaven and this little bub was left bleating in the field. So - he’s been next door (they’re farmers) bleating and bleating. Anyhoooooo - he had one of those faces that you just have to hold in your hands….

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC06986.jpg

Cute a? He was a bit smelly, bless his little hooves. S-boy fed him with a bottle - and now he’s gone back to the fields. He is very lovely and quite enjoyed being on the rug.

BOB and next door little fella.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC06996.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC06995.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC07018.jpg

As for beez…. Dunno - have a DSLR (one of the cheapest Sony A200) and point and shoot - not a clue really and can’t work the camera - no idea about F’s or apertures or anything - really need to learn how to use it… I can’t even work the display screen - really - just point and shoot and hope for the best

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC01073.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC01084.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC01176.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC01195.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC01202.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC01197.jpg

Put in shadows and highlights… mmmm… not sure

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC01094.jpg

Bethie - no worries…. Not even a whisper about the kitties to HIM. Ssssssshhhh x

Well - or not as the case may be - me that is - not well at the moment - ugh!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 04:06 pm
@FlavourQueen,
Hey sis - you feeling better. Hope you enjoyed Mother's Day. Choppy was wonderful! Bless her not being lamb chops. Bleating Bob will be Shocked x

BLUE - ha - cross posted - wha....... no kitty jokes.... you've gone all coy boy! Glad to see you are back on board. xox

mismi

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 04:19 pm
@Izzie,
OHWEE! Would you look at that? How sweet! Yes...I think I want a lamb...I am in the county - so I bet they would let me get one...and maybe that would give Pistol something to do so he would quit jumping the fence.

FQ - that sounds wonderful! I really do love animals - though - at this time in my life it probably be wiser to NOT get any more.

Quote:
(Psalm 28:9) Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever.

In no way refers to hairy armpits; it just looked like Missy was carrying a lamb under each arm!
Glad you mentioned the Professor that will make Kicky as jealous as hell.

So you don't like your women hairy? Too bad...cuz I ain't shaving the pits for no one. Wink You should see my toes.

You make it sound like Kicky really cares...he's pulling my leg - just like you do all the time. I pay no attention to either one of you...full of crahp you are. Razz but I likes you still - really I do. Quite entertaining.
Tai Chi

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 04:34 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:
So you don't like your women hairy? Too bad...cuz I ain't shaving the pits for no one. Wink You should see my toes.

mismi, haven't you heard of spring shearing? I will if you will! (Actually, I already have -- easiest way I know to lose 5 pounds Very Happy )

Spent the day tidying around the house. The Mr. informs me that he's volunteered our place for his end-of-year party in a few weeks. I have "mountains" everywhere -- a mountain of stuff to go up the the schoolhouse, a mountain of stuff for my oldest's new apartment, a mountain of stuff being saved for a yard sale...anyone know how to disguise/camouflage mountains?
Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 04:40 pm
@Tai Chi,
Tai Chi wrote:

mismi, haven't you heard of spring shearing? I will if you will! (Actually, I already have -- easiest way I know to lose 5 pounds Very Happy )

not sure about camouflaging the mountains, but you can always camouflage the hare Wink

http://www.gasworks.org.uk/photos/large/Strawberry_Camouflage_a.jpg
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 05:11 pm
@Tai Chi,
I stuff mine in a) the back closet b) the oven c) under the bed d) in the wheelbarrow in the back yard with a tarp thrown over it e) in the garage (and hope it doesn't hail that day because there's no room for the car.)
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 05:13 pm
@Tai Chi,
Quote:
mismi, haven't you heard of spring shearing? I will if you will! (Actually, I already have -- easiest way I know to lose 5 pounds )

HA HA HA! That's funny! Really - I went to the beach this last week...maybe I should have done the spring shearing BEFORE donning the swimsuit eh? EEEEEEEE Shocked

Where do you find these pics Iz?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 08:11 pm
@Izzie,
Quote:
Bethie - no worries…. Not even a whisper about the kitties to HIM. Ssssssshhhh x

Set's a miserable old curmudgeon who likes to terrorize cats!

There was a suggestion he had some good features, but..... Rolling Eyes
Izzie

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 01:35 am
@margo,
Morning Margo

margo wrote:

Set. There was a suggestion he had some good features, but..... Rolling Eyes

...now I heard it on the grapevine that he hugs real big and is a mighty fine pillow fluffer - likes to sing too.... well, he's made it in my book then..... now, wonder if he dances too! Wink

anyhoo..... 6.00am I woke up after keeling over again. Oh fer goodness sake! Shocked

Bit grey outside today but the sun is seriously trying to shine. Birds have tuned up, had the concert and are now flapping around - bit of a party going on out there. Luverly.

Joints aren't good right now - been a tough couple days - getting just a tad snarly now and pain is wearing me down. Hey ho. Gotta phone the doc - need something to change... and soon.

Wishing one and all a great start to the week.

later later x

verbivore

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 01:42 am
@Izzie,
I know, I know its not exactly the cheese and wine cell…but guess it wud d some good,
To purge here!! No NO NO its NONSENSE..so just don’t read it! But I gotta say it!!
Life is at lightning speed. I guess I lost track of the whole purpose. I’m, busy, I have no clue for that. Busy doing routine chores, which promises me it will appear the same minute, the next day. Each day is a hustle between catching buses and finishing stuffs. I’m worried if I would fail to catch up with life before I finish living it. There used to be words like emotional quotient and social quotient… Now they seem far. I’m so busy living life that I don’t have time to look around who is there in the run with me. How well I deal with emotions and how well am I able to interact. I have been absorbed in a self-centric globe that everything is just another routine…I don’t have time to stop and stare at the mess that is getting accumulated at one corner..and im busy laughing and getting on with life..is that all that is important? Just to b able to smile?? Well in that case im as successful!! I can smile and get along and ignore things happening at one end..
Dad wants to come and stay with me, the old and young are in many ways similar they say! His stubborn mind doesn’t think of the ways he’ll cope up with city life and loneliness..we both wouldn’t be at home from 8am to 8pm..well that is a good 12 hrs!
And there is my dear brother..talking dad into selling properties in half the price..im just not able to talk sense to dad..what with my blood boiling..or perhaps my blood shouldn’t boil after all what is my role..what do I do for him..its easy for me to find peace..to stroll through life and smile as if nothing happened…it is easy..but for that I should let things be the way they are and move on in life..easy …bt there are many who lose in the game..still shud I jst look 4 my own peace and chase every troubled thots that knock my brain? And guess who do I miss the most at this moment
My brother,….!!! Oh how my heart aches for him!
Izzie

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 01:52 am
@verbivore,
Oh Vegemite...you are perfectly entitled to be thinking about you and living your life - and no, what you've said isn't nonsense. Life goes thru fits and spurts - I agree - it's going way way too quickly and there is much to see and do out there.

Know that Dad and brother is heartbreaking for you. There's no easy solution. For the best outcome - you must try and keep the communication with brother open - but I do know how difficult that is, emotionally and culturally.

Are you at work right now????

You just yabber away when you need to Little One - see the lounger over there with the VBV sign on it.... that ones yours - we're in listening distance if you wanna talk out loud - or you can just have a muse and a mumble and lie down over there. I'll bring over with a cuppa every now and then.
Roberta

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 04:45 am
Izzie, How are the uncasted tootsies? And do you ever sleep? I hope you got more than four hours last night. I worry about you, kiddo.
mismi

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 05:46 am
@Roberta,
We all do Roberta....so wish I was closer. I would be making sure sister was taking care of herself.

Iz - praying that you get some reprieve frome the pain. Hoping the doc can send you something that works wonders. Do rest and take care of you!

Verbie! I am so glad to hear from you! I am sorry that you have a tug of war going over that sweet heart of yours. I am glad you are able to smile anyway. One day at a time (and though I know it is not always as easy to do as to say) it will work itself out. Do take Izzie's advice. Whatever is on your heart - we are happy to hear - never fear.

I have kids at home again today - which makes me happy. It is going to be a busy day - so I wish you all a good one - and I will see you later!
mis
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 06:11 am
@Izzie,
hmmmmm

I'm about ready for brekkies. Wanna join me?
djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 06:17 am
@JPB,
couldn't wait, just finished mine, bowl of 5 grain oatmeal with soy milk and craisins
mismi

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 06:30 am
@djjd62,
JPB - I am about to eat Breakfast - what would you like? You wanna' go healthy like dj there? Shocked Or would you like some pancakes and bacon with warm maple syrup and a nice cup of coffee? (Of course we will have to exercise twice as much! Wink)

Izzie

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 06:35 am
@Roberta,
Hey there...

uncasted tooties are able to walk - but every single step hurts and ankles, tendons and knee are in a bad way. Hands are....disgusting and painful. I'm not coping right now - have just had all the tears on the phone with the rheumatologist/immunologist - am seeing him on 2nd April. Surgeon believes I need a change in meds and... whole load of other stuff he talked about - the word being said loudly is "acceptance Iz" - acceptance of where this is going. OY and FEH! Its not just that - it's the "who else would ever put up with this nonsense too" - if the exhub couldnt deal with it.... ha... will make a lonely 'ole life... ah, cr*p - gotta stop being negative here. Feeling negative does play a part in it too - I gotta think positively else it'll make me worse.

Of course, this is a temporary setback - I will get better again - last week I had the very best 2 days - since then, it's been a struggle. I do something - it takes me out.

I still intend to travel throughout the summer with the little fella - I still will climb a mountain, I still will go to Italy and Paris and Greece, Austria, India, Canada, US, Switzerland, Africa, Peru, Australia and Boscastle - during my lifetime. I will. I just need to keep telling myself I'm not gonna be beaten by this damned disease and that Anything Is Possible.... coz it is! Do believe that.

Right now, it hurts so it's hard to think thru to the next day, but I'll get there anyhoo.

I got nearly 6 hours sleep last nite and then fell asleep again having been up for a while, for another hour or so. So that's a little better. The fact I still can't move freely is..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Again - I could wake up tomorrow and be absolutely fine other than the normal pain. Normal pain is liveable with, doesn't stop me in my tracks - flaring pain is.... a load of pants.

Hey ho..... feel better after a good cry and whinge so.... gonna try and get myself back down the stairs.

How you doin' Boida - can you growl a little for me???????? Just a wee little growl...

Mis - ah, you sound wonderful girlie - so happy to see that - enjoy your day with the boys - hows S-boys shiner????????? What camera did you get? Details girlie.... details.

edit:: OH MY - three posts since I started blabbing.... you're all having brekkie - yep - I'll join you. Croissants would be good. Very Happy Ha - big smile now. Morning good folksies. x

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 09:12:49