"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 07:52 am
Sometimes small blessings are the biggest, Izzie, and I know you are appreciating the blessing of blessed silence.

I need a blessing of will and ability to beat the procrastination gremlin. The nitty gritty of housework just isn't as fascinating as it used to be. Oh wait, it never was. Never mind.

Happy St. Paddy's Day ya'll

http://www.freefever.com/myspace/stpatricksday/clipart/stclipart4.gif
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 07:53 am
Beautiful day here too. Temperatures in the double digits -- we may get up to 16C (61F). Got my first laundry load of spring out on the line -- that always cheers me up! Scouring the boot trays in the foyer -- sand and grit and salt stains -- oh my!

Izzie, careful about making eyes at those repairmen when your admirer is around! A "little bird" told me he gets awfully jealous Very Happy

Sending positive thoughts out to Brooke, of course, and hope Bathy recovers her strength soon.

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 07:55 am
Mustn't forget to mention Indeedee's grandchildren -- lovely!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 10:30 am
@Tai Chi,
HAHA TC - yep, my little Mizzle Thrush would prolly peck his eyes <oh.... they were gorgeous - the eyes> - however, my twitterpating feathered friend has his other "little boid" and is a tad put out because I have put the blind down in the bedroom!!!!!!! He was waking me up so early - but I've noticed now that he has moved to the other window on the same wall as there are nice deposits all down the kitchen door. mmmmmmmm Charmed - I'm sure!!!!!

Sooooooooooooooo - it's been a very constructive day here - I've started at least a dozen jobs and not finished one <oh, know someone who will cringe at that> - just the way I like it - I have a healthy blend of mud and blood on my hands and I'm darn right filthy from being in the garden with the brambles and from scrubbing the decks in the conservatory on my knees. In approx 2 hours I will not be able to move and will be taking the "heavy duties" - but right now - it kinda feels good (ok - it hurts like heck - but it's a relatively good hurt). MaMa and PaPa came round and fitted a couple blinds for the office windows (drilling into metal - not good!) but they are done now - woohoo.

So............ before I completely sieze up - approx 1 hour and 59 minutes now - I shall continue to scrub the decks and see if I can get a wee bit more done.

Trusting that the PaddyBoy and his countrymen are having a fab day in the beautiful Emerald Isle - cheers!

Thinking of our Babbling and db - and where's our little Vegemite???????

Wishing everyone a good day - healing days for those who we wish to heal quickly - emotionally and physically. x
mismi

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 10:49 am
@Izzie,
Hiya Iz...Hi Tai Chi and Foxy -

I am busy busy busy today - getting ready to head to see my Mom and Dad tomorrow - trying to get the house in order and the Prof's shirts and food ready for while we are gone. And I hate coming home to a dirty house...

So won't be on much...but I wanted to stick my head in and check on Brooke and all of you...still praying and thinking for you and your Dad girly...

hugs y'all - gotta run!
missy
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 10:54 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Indeedee has sent me this pic to post to y'all of the family with the new arrival - how fantastic is this....

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Indeedee.jpg

Congratulations, deedeexx! I am jealous! My three older children are already ages 20, 23, and 26. Still no grandchildren for me. Crying or Very sad
Izzie

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 01:12 pm
@wandeljw,
THE BEST!

http://jessicadarling.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/bubble-bath.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhh..... so tired!
Dutchy

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 03:18 pm
@Izzie,
Morning folks, new day here and the sun is shining. I love your new bathroom with the latest gadgets Izzie but where is your personal masseur? Smile

The Beagle is busy packing as we're off early in two days time. Looking forward to a spot of fishing and catching up with the grandkids. Have three Wandel and they will wear me out over the next couple of weeks.

Thinking of all the folks who feel a little down at the moment, hope your days will soon improve so we may welcome you back in our little family here.

Izzie

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 04:08 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

... but where is your personal masseur? Smile

yeah.... I'd like to know that too - you just can't get the staff these days a? Wink

well, my shoulder is now frozen and the joints are maxed out. BUT - I actually feel as tho I was "normal" for a bit today, which is good news.

Tulip rang earlier - she's doing OK - been gardening too, settling in and tired - hoping to get her broadband tomorrow. Strange not having her up the road any more. Her MaMa is coming down soon so they are planning to plant up the garden. She's doing good which is great news.

BEAgle - ooooooh, know how much you are looking forward to going fishing and being with M&K and the g-kids. Will be wonderful for you both Very Happy

(Bugs... http://able2know.org/topic/89445-194#post-3602096 )
deedeexx

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 04:43 pm
@Izzie,
Good morning all. Lovely day here. Cute workman huh Izzieliz? Love blue eyes. Missy enjoy your visit with your mom and dad. Wandy - thank you for the congrats and I am sure you will make a great granddad when the time comes. I think my lot have finished now - son has two girls 1 and almost 5 and now daughter has her pigeon pair. Beagle enjoy your time with your son and family - get ready for lots of MacDonald's I think. Hope you catch lots of fish to bring back.

Interstate visitor arrived last night and will be here for three days. Son-in-law's mother arrives tomorrow and I think daughter and new arrival come home tomorrow from hospital.
Izzie

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 04:56 pm
@deedeexx,
YAY for beautiful daughter and pink baby coming home - so happy happy happy - <you are gonna be such a busy grandma! - just love the moments.... then hand them back to SIL! Very excited for you here DD.

mmmmmmm.... nice eyed workmen (do have a thing about folks eyes as FQsis would confirm - men and women actually - eyes tell so much about someone) - he was only here for half an hour and then buggered off with his box of tools (ho ho ho)! HA - he was a young fella, well not that young...(but doesn't like leaves,trees or nature and stuff tho - we were talking about the Eden Project and gig going on there (no good, no good at all) - bless his cotton socks - make some gal a nice catch one day Wink

Well, I took my sleeping potion at 9.30pm and a little morphine - so hoping to get an early nite tonite - be the first in about .... 5 years - so that's not bad going a? heheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Lovin y'all - missing our missing crew and hoping everyone is OK..... ((dev, mis, vege, bethie).... ( djjd )where's you big guy! hugs to all (alex) (blue)

No worries tho - figure everyones busy with spring sprunging so have great days and enjoy the shinshine, crew.

(((JPB RH)))

Babbling, db................ healing...power of love

Smooches all. x
alex240101

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 06:39 pm
Up, up, and away.
Three colors on one hand, not good. Wished they matched.
AMD Quad Core ATI Radeon Intergrated Two fire wire Super multi format Optical Laser flash Sixty four bit w/spi has me not enjoying technology too much. Too much time.
Hello Izzie, and crew. Sending regards to all.
How many personal questions is a hairdresser suppose to ask. I do believe I found that line.
Yes, spring is fast approaching. My mail lady is currently being greeted my crokuses. If I could remember what I planted where. A map perhaps this year.
Good night.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 09:14 pm
Hiya Izzie,

You've been taking a lot of pictures, so you must be getting around reasonably well. But how are you feeling? Do you still have the full cast?

Love dat polka dotted bug, kid.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 10:23 pm
@Izzie,
sat out on the patio tonite in my cutoff tee, and thought back to August.

Orion is prominent on a crisp clear night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YucC-iwahY&feature=related

nite cap'n...
Izzie

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 03:00 am
@Rockhead,
Hey Crew

Good morning - breathtaking dawn - awoke at 5.30am (not planned) - seems my body won’t allow more than 6 hours no matter how tired and sore. The dawn chorus played the most incredible symphony as the sun rose and the mist swirled around. Certainly a joy and peaceful to waken to and watch.

Alex - my garden was asking me questions during it’s haircut yesterday. The fuschias, hydrangas, honeysuckle and bamboo were asking how much more I was going to cut them back (why does it make me feel guilty cutting them back), the buttercups were pleading not to be pulled - along with the many weeds that I think look real pretty - the weeds were given a very quick trim - the rest had a short back and sides. There is so much more to do - yes - a map - I have no idea what is where or what it’s called or if it should be there - if it looks pretty - it will stay. How are the 11 shrubs doing???? All in a row standing to attention? Ahhhhhhhhhhh - new computers - mind boggling! Perseverance a? ((((Alex))))

Boida gal - yep - still got the full cast on, I am the hobbledy queen of the green and pleasant land at Chez Izzie. I can’t wait for the cast to come off - FRIDAY - tho admittedly feeling a little nervous about the work to be put in to getting walking properly again - my foot is so protected right now nothing can hurt it - being around 50 children is a little worrisome to say the least - but I have to get back to work - planning on going back for the last week in term - (not next week, the following - maybe, maybe not)! We’ll see - won’t be driving for a few days - dependent on what the surgeon and physio say and how it feels - don't even know if I can put a shoe on yet!!!!! Ha - I do take lotsa pics - I have a tiny conservatory which overlooks a pretty wee cottage garden - All the bird photos I take from sitting on a perching stool in the conservatory - I’m very lucky to have my privacy here, love the peace and quiet. Still tired much of the time - but certainly yesterday, felt invigorated being able to sort out some of the garden - fits and spurts - won’t be able to do much at all today with my joints - but it was definitely worth the aggravation for how good it made me feel yesterday. Yay - ouch - yay.

Rockhead - yep - I do too - wasn’t that a great time - all too short - sometime again. The nites are brrrrr cold and crisp right now with the sun shining all day (rare for us - we’re usually grey) - I think Mother Nature is being very kind and encouraging me to do as much as I can whilst she shows me what’s out in the world. I think she has a plan - she will get me to leave the house! HA! (Noddy might be having a word or two my way too methinks!) Can’t wait to drive and go up on the moors and see and do and be……… I’m just so lucky I have this garden and my river - not everyones cuppa tea - but, it’s fab. The kittens make me laugh so much - have so many pics - ha - will put them on you tube - easier than posting them. Stinky and Sarge would love to share a saucer of milk with the boyz methinks.

Thoughts for our Babbling girl as I take a wander down to the river - there’s some pheasants roaming down there - but they’re pretty shy! Hoping this will be a better day for PaPaBrooklyn and that he is able to squeeze hands again. Hoping, wishing…………………………..

Db - reckon you’ll be having the ughs and headaches from the chemo - thinking of you too gal - feel better very soon. X

Wishing all good days to all. x
mismi

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 08:02 am
@Izzie,
You amaze me Izzie - I don't know how you do it - incredible strength and will you have girly. Enjoy the sun. But take it easy today why don't you? REST please - after your busy day yesterday you need it.

I have not touched my yard...it's a mess. I have to get the kids back in school - maybe I can stay healthy and get some things done around here - finally!

We are heading further South today. Going down to Mom's and Dad's. The boys are beside themselves excited...it is going to be a crazy four hour drive. AAAAARRRGGHHH! We are going to the Beach and hanging out with my Big Little brother (6'6" - big boy) and my sweet sis in law and niece and nephew. It's going to be great....I get so pampered down there. Of course I eat it up!

I set up the electric fence yesterday Izzie - I shocked myself twice. I can't imgine my doggies would touch that thing more than once. It was not fun...I will say I was quite proud of myself though - I love projects I have never done before - makes me feel like I have accomplished so much!

Okey doke - to all you sweet Yabberers - I wish you a wonderful week and weekend. I may not be on much the rest of the week - depends on the weather. Iz, Dutchy, DeeDee, Dev, Bathy, Brooke, Alex, Try, Rock, JPB, Roberta, Foxy, Verbie, Tulip, FQ, and Bethie - hugs to each and every one of you.

smooch, smooch
missy
mismi

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 08:25 am
@mismi,
I missed two important folks - Tai Chi and dj - hugs to you too....I may think of more - so I might be back! Wink
Tai Chi

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 09:26 am
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

I missed two important folks - Tai Chi and dj - hugs to you too....I may think of more - so I might be back! Wink

I was crushed! Crushed I tell ya! Wink

Have fun with the family, mismi, and LET THEM SPOIL YOU! You need to kick back and relax.

Good to see Bathsheba post (I think I'm in the wrong thread, though...)

Hello to the whole crew! (Izzie -- you better have your feet up!) Working the late shift tonight so won't be around much (back in early tomorrow -- what a schedule!)

Hope we're all heading into calm waters!
Izzie

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 12:41 pm
@Tai Chi,
MISSY - HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go and be spoiled and pampered and enjoy your time with the family. Yay for you! Very Happy

TC - hey girl - OMgoodness me - "feet up" - HA! I have had the best day - it has been utterly wonderful! All day - OUTSIDE. I have done so much - covered.... tell ya.... covered in mud and my hands look like mince - it's been great. So so sore right now - and boy, it feels good. HA - my left foot has swollen up horribly - tomorrow I will need to stay off my feet coz I'm seeing the surgeon on FRIDAY - yay for having the plaster off my right foot in 2 days - woooohoooooo! Xrays and all will hopefully show all is in the right place - got a few problems with my ankles but..... self inflicted by being in the garden. Oh - I LOVE my garden!

Y'all would not believe what happened. A heron landed not more that 15meters from me.... IT WAS MASSIVE.... HHHHHHHUUUUGEE! A buzzard came down and chased it off - it circled for a while but then flew off to thrill another bird no doubt. I nearly fell over - the wingspan is enormous - it was totally incredible. Did I have my camera - NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Arrrrrrrrrrrgh.

AND I found a treasure under the bamboo - and there were angels wings caught on the trees .... I'm taking this as a really good sign for our Babbling Girl...

AND.... oh my gosh - the robins (I am such a sad twitcher!!!!) - the robins have been feasting on bugs. Have so many pics - oh..... for more hours in the day. I need more hours.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.... I wish to travel the world and take photos everywhere - and meet people and see and do and be...

OK.... I need to calm down - gosh, it's been a good day! Very Happy

Thinking of Babbling whilst she takes her exams today - been beside her my brook and posivibing all day - brave and strong lass that she is - she will do the exams for her and her PaPa. Healing thoughts for PaPaBabbling and for db whose popped in on her thread around the corner - lotsa wobbles - but huge courage too. Strong gals.

Babbling needs our prayers in whatever way, shape or form - and love.... so, from this side of the pond... heal heal heal!

Thanku Bill for keeping us posted. Thanku. x

Now....... where is Vegemite?????? and DjjD - where you been hun a?a?a? You're ever so ever so quiet - hoping you are busy in the garden and all is well with you - have you taken any pics lately???? I need a cardinal fix! x

In fact our Canajun Bethie is a busy bee too..... are you being dancing queen somewhere? Hugs to you and HIM gal.

Alex - if you pop by Boidas beautiful Animals - I will be posting some little darlin's over there later. Hoping and wishing your troubled waters are calming and you are well love ((((Alex))))

JPB has been off jazzing it up and RH is going great guns in Kansas. Tulip goes to college tomorrow for her 2nd day on her course, Indeedee has a new baby g-kid and BEAgle is going to PL to see his....FQ is doing better this week... and Bazza is springing in London town.

Also hoping the WV days are better and life is being kind to her.

Hoping the PaddyBoy enjoyed his day yesterday. QueenDev hasn't been around for a while - maybe she is FBing - hoping all is well in ChiTown - talking of which, Special Agent Wandel should be starting to enjoy the spring over there too.

Foxy,Boida, Stormy - hope you're having good days today and all t'other crew who pop - wishing all a good rest of the day.

BLUE - yoooooohooooooo! C'mere, need to hug you big! xox

well - there's a lot of good in the world...

Oh............ I need TEA! Razz

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 12:41 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Hey Crew

Good morning - breathtaking dawn - awoke at 5.30am (not planned) - seems my body won’t allow more than 6 hours no matter how tired and sore. The dawn chorus played the most incredible symphony as the sun rose and the mist swirled around. Certainly a joy and peaceful to waken to and watch.

Boida gal - yep - still got the full cast on, I am the hobbledy queen of the green and pleasant land at Chez Izzie. I can’t wait for the cast to come off - FRIDAY - tho admittedly feeling a little nervous about the work to be put in to getting walking properly again - my foot is so protected right now nothing can hurt it - being around 50 children is a little worrisome to say the least - but I have to get back to work - planning on going back for the last week in term - (not next week, the following - maybe, maybe not)! We’ll see - won’t be driving for a few days - dependent on what the surgeon and physio say and how it feels - don't even know if I can put a shoe on yet!!!!! Ha - I do take lotsa pics - I have a tiny conservatory which overlooks a pretty wee cottage garden - All the bird photos I take from sitting on a perching stool in the conservatory - I’m very lucky to have my privacy here, love the peace and quiet. Still tired much of the time - but certainly yesterday, felt invigorated being able to sort out some of the garden - fits and spurts - won’t be able to do much at all today with my joints - but it was definitely worth the aggravation for how good it made me feel yesterday. Yay - ouch - yay.

Wishing all good days to all. x

Heya Izzie, You awoke at 5:30. I went to sleep at 5:30 (Noo Yawk time). Now I'm groggy. Had to get up early to go see my swallowing, throat, speech doctor. She doesn't understand why it's taking so long for sound to come back, but I'm swallowing very well thank you.

Hoping the hobbling will be relatively painless.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 11:03:03