"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 06:18 pm
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie that's remarkable, I swear I saw you standing outside taking those pictures, we're soul mates I think. Wink

Nice cool day here and about to go outside and do a whole lot of work, front and back garden needs tidying up so Mrs. B made very clear to me over breakfast this morning. Smile

So I've decided to earn a few 'brownie points' and leave the house. Won't be back for a while so from down under cheers for now. (((Izzie)))
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 07:27 pm
@Izzie,
More beautiful pictures Izzie. Alstromeria is my all time favorite flower, it's gorgeous.
Izzie

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 07:34 pm
@Stormwatch,
Hey Stormy - beautiful fleurs..... they look as tho someone had a paintbrush and just flicked paint on them...perfect... like butterflies and dragonflies... and hearts all over the place. Makes you wonder how that can possibly be... how does something to get to look so pretty. Ha - takes me off into another world. Glad you liked girl. Hope all's good with you and you're starting the thaw. We're well and truly into Spring now (despite the snow just North of here the other day) - can't wait to be able to get out into the garden properly now. Have a great weekend Very Happy x

Ha BEAgle... reckon you must have been looking at the sun as I was looking at the moon a? It was particularly clear last nite - real bright stars and cooooooooooold - hard frost. Lovely. Have fun in the garden today - look after the babies..... will be waiting to see how much fruit they bear now the rain has come. Lotsa love to you and Mrs.B. x
Dutchy

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 04:05 am
@Izzie,
Hi crew, just returned on board and what do I find, PM's are back! Just fired one off to Paddyland and it worked perfectly. I think everybody will enjoy this feature of a2k which has been sorely missed up to now. You can find it on the top right hand corner your screen.

Izzie I did a lot of worked today and am now putting my feet up, Mrs. B must have thought so too as she just made me the nicest glass of iced coffee with a piece of German Cherry cake. Verbivore eat your heart out. Smile

Little trees still bearing fruit, two beautiful oranges on one, and several lemons on the other. The latter tree dropped most of its fruit but they tell that is normal for a small tree.

Waiting for some faces to turn up.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 07:55 am
Harbour Master here.Thanks for the PM info Beagle.Sent a test to our Captain.
Barry The Mod

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 08:58 am
@Barry The Mod,
Thanks Beagle,she's up and havin' a cuppa'.
Izzie

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 09:22 am
@Barry The Mod,
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I'ma here!!!!!

have only just signed on today - well, about 10 mins ago - and looky here - PM's are back...

I had to sit and read Noddy's ........ oh.............. oh................ oh............

still can't my head around .... well, you know, lots of you know - those last days before she went into hospital

but..... I definitely know she is still with us - and it was so so wonderful to read her words. Truly.

So............... little fella is here "WARHAMMERING" - and whistling! We bought some second hand warhammer "stuff" from R-boys best friend which was sent over from the town today... and S-boy feels like all his dreams have come true Shocked He is so happy - he has paint and bits and pieces and ....... oh..... lots of little sodldiery thingys and gollum and aragon and all sorts of thingymajigs. Some metal pewtery thingymabobs, plastic ones and tanks and and and... he's verra verra excited. (who knows where he gets his excitable nature from Rolling Eyes )

Anyhoooooooooooooo..... was woken after 4 hours of sleep (7.20am I tell ya...... 7.20am) by a knocking Mistle Thrush (mmmmmm), got up, made tea, got camera, waited waited.... he didn't come back!!!!!!!!!!! He woke me when it was sunny - then it started raining and he disappeared. So, I have hoovered again, cleaned (not let the kitties out yet coz its raining - will wait for a nicer day methinks), long yabber with FQsis, window cleaners been and am now going to attempt to declutter - meaning - if it's not been picked up or used in 6 months - it's outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (can I do that............ ohhhhhhh.... dunno if I can....... can't bear to get rid of stuff!)

Wishing everyone near and far a great day. Be back in a bit when I am procrastinating again (possibly 5 mins - hahaahahaha)

(head hurt - ack!)

x
Izzie

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 09:32 am
@Izzie,
Oh jeeeeeeez louizzzzzzze - superglue all over my hands........ /////////k||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||SSSSSSSS||||||| \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

ha... nearly stuck to keyboard. Yuk, this stuff has gone everywhere - little fella might end up with a horse or dragon stuck to his thumb! Oof....

oh.... that was less than 5 mins possibly.

GONE!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 09:58 am
Good morning all you beautiful people. Could somebody please advise me WHERE these PMs are? I don't need to send one, but I haven't figured out how to do so should I want to.

Bright crisp beautiful day in Albuquerque this morning and blessedly the high winds of the last few days seem to have calmed down. Wind is a fact of life in New Mexico in the spring time, but it isn't spring yet so enough already.

To all of you who just make me feel good when I'm down and/or help keep me sane, thanks for your kind words and for making me smile and here's your good morning ((((((hug)))))) from me and wishing for a great day. (Of course you guys on the other side of the pond have already pretty much had your day already so hope it has been a good one.)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 10:02 am
@Foxfyre,
Top of the page, right corner, Foxfyre.
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 10:30 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Ah okay, the 'inbox' thingee. Yes I did see that with a "0" beside it so figured I didn't have any PMs so didn't click on it. Was looking for a button to send a PM but will figure it out.

Danke
djjd62

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 10:38 am
@Foxfyre,
to send a pm, go to the persons profile page (click on the name), under their avatar is a "send message" button
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 10:41 am
@djjd62,
Ah I see it. Okay, I can do that should I need to. Thanks to you too--us old timers can learn a few new tricks along the way, but I suspect I'll never be really high tech. (And yeah, a PM feature is high tech to me. Smile)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 10:44 am
@Foxfyre,
There are 2 ways I've spotted to send a pm.

1. go to the person's profile - click on send message
2. click on inbox - most right hand tab there is "new message" - you can create your message there
0 Replies

bathsheba

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 04:37 pm
@Izzie,
DB or db or dibbie it is, then! Better than BD, which could be beedy, which sounds seedy......or beedie, which is a.....joint or something

Clever, with the heart making the db. Who woulda thought? Thank you for that verbivore.

Hope everyone is feeling good today/tonight, depending on where you are.

Izzie - wonderful to get flowers! Hope you get some sleep after feathered critter woke you up so early.

Time to go outside and stretch a bit. After the last chemo March 12 I will be moving slow for about a week so going to carpe diem now.

Daughter called last night. I made her call and leave messages twice for about a week before I accepted a call from her. I wanted her to be really SORRY and she is, I think. Can't make it too easy or she'll never learn...but how do you teach compassion??? Her cat has cancer now and she is focused on that. I still could get no real reason why she was upset for me sending her a photo of me bald. I mean, it's reality...........so?

Kids. My dogs are so much easier to deal with, and always loyal. Makes ya wonder......in my next life (God, please don't let there be ANOTHER life!) I won't have kids, I think.

Have a good day, all!

db

djjd62

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 04:46 pm
howdy folks, had a day out, went to my cousins daughters 9th birthday party, nice to hang around with the cousins and their kids, don't get to see them much, and hey, it's a birthday so you get cake Very Happy
mismi

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 05:49 pm
@djjd62,
Cake is good...very good.

Can't stay long - still pretty pooped. But I wanted you all to know I am better. It has been a rough week. The Prof is ready to pull his hair out. Good for him to see what it's like being me in the evenings and weekends though!

The Flu sucks.

I shaved all three of the boys heads today - it was 78 degrees out and they came in smelling like goats...so...that wore me out. That was my big thing for the day. I am done...going to lay on the bed some more.

Have not read back a lot...just wishing you all well...thank you for your sweet thoughts as well...should be back to normal - I keep saying that phrase - and I really have no clue what "normal" is anymore - I long for it - look for it - but can never seem to find it...whazzup with dat?

hugs and kisses (disinfectant in hand)
mis
ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 06:09 pm
@mismi,
<sprays Lysol liberally into the air in front of her as she enters the ship's dining room>

G'day to all shipmates. It's been a good quiet day here. Rainy, but not icy chilly. Gotta get that pooper-scooper out and clean up what appeared from under the snow/ice Shocked Embarrassed Shocked

Brooke's onto something there, with training the pups to do the work.

Cake and improving health are good.

I've got a buncha darkening bananas to deal with. Set and Miss Cleo couldn't keep up with 'em. I think I'll mix up some kinda boxed cake mix - use lots of mashed bananas/coconut/Skor and choco chips/raisins and craisins - make some kind of kitchen sink muffins. They'll be tasty and shhhhhhh mostly healthy.
FlavourQueen

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 06:37 pm
@ehBeth,
Hey ehbeth
The muffins sound delicious. Please send some to the crew.!!
Mis - so glad you are feeling better hunni pie. Don't overdo it!
Happy Sunday Beagle and deedee! I have just got home after going for dinner and the movies to see Slumdog Mill with my sister. Happy evening and sitting with a nice glass of Shiraz before bed.
Iz, great to yabber to you today ( nearly 2 hrs eh on the phone!!) We do talk for england and I miss you babe.
Vbv and bathy. My daughter has turned the corner since I have been a bit cooler with her. Still love her to pieces tho.
Hope brooke and stormy that you r ok and djjd and bazza too.
Big hugs to you all
FQxx
Dutchy

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 07:18 pm
@FlavourQueen,
Hi FlavourQueen, enjoy that Shiraz before going to bed, a cup of Earl Grey will do me for this time of the day. Is Slumdog Mill worth going to see when it hits the screen here? Daughters can be a handful for mothers at times but in the end they come good, you mark my words and I speak from experience. Smile
((((FQ))))

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 02:09:16