"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 05:57 pm
@Izzie,
the big thaw starts here tomorrow, well above freezing anyway, gonna try and get some pics, but we're in that blah time between winter and spring, no snow but nothing growing either

tv night tonight, the last episode of season 2 of "The Street", brilliant show, you brits know how to make tv, and then the last episode of "Stephen Fry In America", interesting, it's funny i loved Fry in Jeeves & Wooster and Blackadder, as well as a narrator of the Harry Potter books, but not a big fan of him being him, odd that
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 06:02 pm
@Izzie,
Hi crew. Good to see you.

I'll trade a hug for a hug. A knitted sock for a laugh.

Whatcha got?
Izzie

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 06:13 pm
@ehBeth,
k........ i got about 45 missing socks..... some multi-coloured

and two arms to wrap round for a hug....

you dealing???????????????????????? Very Happy

http://www.quickbuddyicons.com/icon/95.gif
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 06:16 pm
@Izzie,
Hugs AND socks.

I'm in for a few of each. I've definitely got some trader socks (I think I'm up to a king-size pillowcase full Shocked )

Hugs first!

(((((((( Izzie and all the crew who need a few )))))))))))
Izzie

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 06:20 pm
@ehBeth,
(((((((((((((((back at you Bethie, HIM and the Pack)))))))))))))))

and a few socks - there's gotta me some matches! Razz

Think DjjD could do with this T - he might have some pingus visiting in the morning... think they had an early morning invite

http://rlv.zcache.com/penguin_hugs_tshirt-p2351266763296046803pvi_400.jpg
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 06:26 pm
@JPB,
Ahhhh JPB - missed your and DjjD's post.... hey, spring is coming hun... a few weeks and flowers will be appearing. Love ya Jaye - bit late to yabber phone now - I'm not wholly lucid - HA! ho ho ho - so, what.... that makes a difference a? Go and get some rest girl and be with your family - I think I will be falling down soon. xxxxxxxxxxx Very Happy
verbivore

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 09:44 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie..just missed you yesterday it seems!..yeah You'll love the place if you get there..we'll make it someday perhaps Smile who knows!! loved that hugging pic of urs..
Mismi - In all the rush & babies chaos..I guess you are missing out n major food intake..Just check with your doctor..your resistance is real low..have lots of hot & spicy soup and run real low n solid food for now..
Hiya stormy & ehbeth..
Bathy - i guess u need to take medical advice on this...if your doctor leaves it to you there must be some other doctors in friends and family who knws a lill about it and shed the light to you..
BEAgle you're already at the sea?? I pity the others who would come later fr a catch..hope ud leave some for them ;P

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6311/fishingbrownbear.jpg
Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 10:27 pm
@verbivore,
Not at sea yet verbivore, however in just over a couple of weeks I will be. I always catch enough to fill up my deep freezer, never overfish! What's happening in your world of words?
0 Replies

bathsheba

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 10:40 pm
@verbivore,
Hi all, just checking in to say hello.

Whaddya up to,, verbivore?

Where did Izzie go? Some place warm, I hope!
Mismi, what's going on?
As for me...I'm leaning towards having another chemo session. They are so much fun. Guess I feel I've gone this far, might as well do another and be sick when spring arrives. Do you know....my daughter is mad at me(for many reasons) but another one is that I sent her a photo of me with my wig and another of me bald. She accused me of trying to make her sad. I was trying to share what I'm going through, is all.
Anyway, this thread is not my Whine & Cheese Club so that's enough about me.
WHO is the BEAgle? Dutchy? Just trying to figure out nicknames!
Nice photo of the bear, verbivore. I have to figure out how to post photos.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 11:00 pm
@bathsheba,
Hi batsheba nice to see you drop by. Who is the Beagle, long story, here goes. After I did my first 50K postings, a2k bestowed upon me the title of "Guru" and I changed my avatar to a Koala Bear. Izzie our Captain immediately started calling me Bear after that. Then after I posted number 100K they gave me the new title of "Cosmic Eagle" which I still have. Again I changed my avatar to go with the title, namely an Eagle. The innovative Izzie then came up with another nickname namely "Beagle" which is me. Laughing
bathsheba

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 11:31 pm
@Dutchy,
Ah, I see! Thanks for the 'splanation. Izzie is a dear and has quite the imagination. I always end up giving people I know well nicknames. A habit I picked up from my Southern dad. I wish I could come up with another name besides Bathy. Maybe it will evolve in time Wink

The Eagle Beagle suits you. I figured you had well over 100,000 posts by now and are heading towards 200,000. What name do you get then? Smile
Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 11:40 pm
@bathsheba,
Have no idea Bathy, don't even know if they will continue doing that because presently they don't show your title alongside your avatar anymore like they did in the previous version of a2k. With 800 odd posts against your name you are probably still named "Newbie", I have forgotten the various title.

Izzie is indeed very special to us all here on the 'yabber-liner', she is very artistic, a very good writer and above all has a heart of gold, I love her, but don't tell her that. Smile You wait and see, she'll come up with an appropriate nickname for you.
bathsheba

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 11:52 pm
@Dutchy,
Uh-oh. Wonder what that nickname might be? I didn't know Izzie was artistic & a good writer as well! I know she's got a heart of gold, though.

I do miss the old a2k. Didn't it just seem easier? Or am I getting senile? I was looking for that thread that I was playing using three words to make a story....can't find it. Now, if it was the old a2k it wouldn't be a problem.

Time to put myself to bed. Have a g'day & talk to you soon,
Dianne

Dutchy

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 12:08 am
@bathsheba,
Bathy go back and read the pages of the "Yabber-Liner" and you will see what an artistic person Izzie truly is, look at the beautiful pictures she's made and posted for one thing. Her post are also incredible, straight from the heart, and always endearing.

I agree the new a2k takes a bit of getting used to, you're not going senile, in my personal view is not as 'user friendly' as the old version, I don't really know what all the new stuff does and means, but I have learnt to get around the site as good as I can.

btw the 'three word story' thread is still going, infact I made a posting today after it had been stagnant for a while, just go here: http://able2know.org/topic/110529-200#post-3589494

Good night and sleep well. (((Bathsheba)))
verbivore

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 01:31 am
@Dutchy,
hey Bathy - there is thread somewhere to teach you how to post pics here..im searching..the beagle might give u the link if he finds before me Smile
and dear..i understand..what you are going through. Your daughter is just frustrated..so I would suggest leave her alone.. there is this beautiful 3 liner i always think of when im hurt by sme dear ones ignorance

If you love something..set it free..
If it comes to u, It is yours
If it comes not, it never was..

She doesnt seem the person who has grown up enough to empathize..she will eventually, might get late..but she will..
So set her free....and even frm ur heart set her freely with love..I know she's her only daughter and it isnt easy..but it isnt as tough as rubbing the rough side when u feel like clinging on..

Just take a deep breath and believe that God has some moments and relations very sweet in store..if ur an athiest believe that its best when nature takes it's own sweet time to unfold treasures..who would want to force open a bud..when given time and patience the bloom brings the greatest smiles!

We are miles apart...but for moments like ths..we are as close as you can dream..So just dont think ur "whining" when u pour down ur thoughts here..irrational, illogical, senseless..anything..u put it down here so that you can get up and walk.. for which we are all here for..
verbivore

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 01:35 am
@verbivore,
And to draw a smile...

http://www.berro.com/entertainment/funny_cartoons/prison_joy_funny_cartoon_jailer_prisoner_making_fun.htm

Let us learn to entertain ourselves in the worst circumstances Smile
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 01:36 am
@verbivore,
Hi verbivore how are you? Bathsheba will love your kind words. Having a chocolate-coated icecream on a stick at the moment my dear. I love that drawing of you on that door. Wink
verbivore

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 04:57 am
@Dutchy,
BEAgle - Dont you think you have given me enough ingredients and prompting to cook a BEAgle FRY???
Dutchy

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 05:45 am
@verbivore,
Oh dear where is your sense of humour, I'm just trying to sheer you up, this isn't the 'insult thread' I let you know. Laughing

I can see the Captain is trying to get on board but somehow she is precluded from doing so??? The bosun is on guard Izzie.
Izzie

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 06:35 am
@Dutchy,
Hey Hey

Oh....... I have been having probs getting onto A2K this morning? Was the site down for a while???

I have so much to say about general nothingness and everythingness (yes, I know, that is not always a good thing) - but ................ I gotta go and do some stuff right now. I must stop losing time... I seem to spend a lot of time in space! Not cyber space - just space.

Gosh - how I wish we could PM people.

I need to go and climb the Everest Washing Pile and do some straightening, then get some head peace behind a lens with a siskin, nuthatch and dunnock! I am sadly "twitching"! FQsis will be horrified at how much of a twitcher I am now! HA!

Vegemite - your country is beautiful as are your words and yes - maybe we will one day get to visit together. I hope so.

BATHY - ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for PM's..... can so relate to something you said just now but possibly with completely different (or weird) reasoning (well, a few hours ago - I think our time zone difference is 8 hours so I hope to have posted before you waken up and jump aboard again). I'm in the UK - not gone anywhere - ha..... if ONLY!!!!!!!!! By the way, dont tell the BEAgle, but I love him too! Wink

BEAgle... Thurs tomorrow - got an engineer coming here to work on the broken laptop for 2 hours but don't know what time he's coming - if I can get SKYPE set up on this wee machine - will try and call you in the morning if you are around. Kk!!!! We can drink tea! Razz

Right... off to find a ski lift and get to the top of the washing pile.
Arrow

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 10:18:47