"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 12:53 am
@verbivore,
Can always spare some chocolate for you girls in particular the very fit verbivore who needs to put on some weight. Laughing

Been here all the time Bathsheba but there was nobody to play with, answered all my threads. I'd say most people are asleep by now in the northern part of the world. I know the Captain is.
verbivore

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 12:54 am
@Dutchy,
Now is that what you call below the belt?/ Evil or Very Mad
Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 12:57 am
@verbivore,
Oh, did I make a faux pas? Wink
verbivore

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:05 am
@Dutchy,
Atleast aftr all that munching ...and gorging...ud get some time to judge for urself wouldnt u Smile
Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:09 am
@verbivore,
Verbivore I'm a tanned well muscled lean Aussie Beagle. Razz
verbivore

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:17 am
@Dutchy,
And this you call a "porky pie" i guess ;P
Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:45 am
@verbivore,
I guess you have no respect for an Aussie Beagle? Sad
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 05:30 am
@bathsheba,
Hey Hey Bathy

Just getting going this morning and its a stormy day outside - what a contrast from yesterday.

Bathy - ahhhhhhhh... time differences in the world is where I'm at right now - tho I seem to spend more time living in US timezones than UK ones.

You know, your chemo choice is a tough call. I know it affects you horribly and makes you terribly ill - but it is getting rid of those nasty bad cells. I would think you need to weigh up what the doctor advises about the final session and why he would be recommending it - and if this is part of the scheduled course, in relation to your blood results etc..... - then could not having another session likely leave some nasty ones behind.

It is a difficult choice - as are most life choices - I think that it is a "life" choice with the BigC and personally, I would do it - but of course I haven't been through it and would not know how you feel and what you go thru (tho my aunt and friend have gone through this and are survivors) - must be so terribly difficult for you. Have you talked to Osso at all on your thread (I haven't seen the other threads yet) - she went through tough times too and would be a mind of information? Jes and Marty have info too.(Others watch your thread but don't jump on this one coz it's fairly fast moving - tho I think right now we may be anchored up in the Caribbean to try and get a little sunshine and deck lounging from the winter blues Wink It's great to have you here.

Like I say, I can only imagine how you feel - I watched and was beside a very close friend go through what you are, and the mental impact for her was as tough, if not tougher at times, than the physical impact. I see her now, maybe 3 years on...... (I've lost track - she was the one in the pics on the moors I posted a while back) and tho she has a stark reminder everyday of what she went thru - she has a new found love of life. Massive, huge, respect - she truly is an amazing person.

Whatever you decide - you WILL somehow find the strength to get through. You must take care of yourself first because you cant deal with all the other things until your body and mind are healed or in healing mode - that's hard to do with another chemo session awaiting you. The BigC is a huge big deal - one thing at a time - get rid of that "nasty" and then head on to the next life changing day. You have done so well tho I know you don't feel it. Reckon it's that yellow life vest you've got round you - and of course the neverending supply of Bethie's knitware!!!!

Posivibes D. Lots of 'em coming your way. So good to see you here.

Take care gal. x

Izzie

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 05:50 am
@Izzie,
Hey Dev - ack - you still got the lurgy gal!!!!!! Orange juice…. Lots of it! Did C go back to school? Hope you feel better soon. Someone else has a bad cough…….. Oh….. RegionP - the Chief Hamsters Fella - his went on for a while too. Nasty blooming viruses….. Talking of blooming - hope your bulbs start blooming soon and the cold weather goes. Before you know it - the heat will be upon you. (soon I can hear you shouting - soon please).

Hey TC - ooooooooooooh…. Growing an avocado - coooooooool. Is it STILL white there or is it finally thawing. Oh my - would send you my green if I could and lots of spring bulbs. We have a hooley of a storm right now - torrential rain and gusts of winds. Apparently the north is going to be hit with some big snow tonite - mainly on the highlands…. In MARCH… in the UK…… good grief!!!!!

Haven’t seen the threads yet - been thinking of Indeedee, DP and Spikepipsqueak - horrendous for them. Just simply cannot imagine the devastation there. Hoping the fires will burn out soon - get thru Tuesday and Wednesday…. Fingers and toots crossed.

BEAgle…. Your’e back. Good. All is well in S.Aus. I’ve got a less frantic day today so hope to be around a bit more. Will catchup will you later darlin’.

Vegemite - love your descriptions of your world - are you completely better now too or is your cold still lingering. What’s happening with the two wheeler….. news???? Know it’s exciting for you. Spill the beans girlie.

K - going to make tea, check a couple threads, and make myself presentable shortly after - so will be back a little later.

Wishing everyone a good day.

edit: ha - the BEAgle and vegemite are having a yabber whilst I've been writing. Excellent.
Tai Chi

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 08:00 am
@Izzie,
Hey Izzie, yes we still have snow. The lawns are still covered and there are 3 foot high piles along the boulevards thanks to the snow plows. Can't wait 'til it warms up a bit -- it was -28C with the wind chill last night! (Weatherman's predicting warmer than average April/May/June so just wait! I'll be whinging about the heat then!) Sounds like your weather is nasty. A good day to stay indoors with a mug of tea and A2K (and chocolate covered digestives...)

Bathsheba, that's a tough question. I don't do nausea well (who does?) but being a natural-born pessimist I would probably err on the side of caution and have the last treatment. Your doctor has really left the decision up to you? Does he/she have any opinion at all? (Sorry your daughter's being a pill. Is she perhaps reacting to the quite understandable stress you're all experiencing do you think? The good news? They grow up eventually.)

dadpad has posted about rain. That's good to hear for sure.

Sending warm thoughts to all those battling colds etc. Drink lots of fluids!
(Not you Dutchy -- I think you've had quite enough Razz )

Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:34 pm
@Tai Chi,
Morning all, yes Tai Chai we certainly have had enough hot weather, however we have entered autumn (fall) and I dare say our real hot days are over. We've started off March with the first rain since early December and up to this morning we've received some 35mm or a bit over one inch with more showers predicted. Everybody is happy except me, got to get on the roof and clean the blocked gutters of the leaves from my neighbours gum trees. Laughing
mismi

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 03:30 pm
@Dutchy,

Imur said
Quote:
Hey! 800 years of arse-kicking was enough!
You can kiss mine!

Hi - my name is mismi - I always like to introduce myself before I kiss someone's arse...just less awkward ya' know? Wink I was just pulling for Izzie's team! Congratulations Imur~ 800 years of arse-kicking is quite enough! Laughing

I have caught yet another bug. Apparently my resistence is nil. I have been running fever since yesterday morning. I am so SICK of being SICK.

Have not read back...will though.

The sweet folks in harms way there in Victoria are certainly in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs to all...
djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 03:32 pm
@mismi,
man, you can't catch a break health wise

hope you're feeling better soon
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 03:40 pm
@mismi,
Sending you vibes for a speedy recovery my dear mismi, you're missed around here. (((mismi)))
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 04:07 pm
mismi were you out playing in that snow without your hat and mittens???

Hope you feel better soon.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 04:18 pm
@Stormwatch,
Hi Stormy, how have you been, like mismi you've been missed around the threads. Snow and cold still bothering you?
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 04:25 pm
We just got another foot of snow Sunday night into Monday. I had winter break last week and vacation was exteded by a day due to the snow. Between snow days and the days lost to the ice storm we have a lot to make up.

How are things your way?
Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 04:54 pm
@Stormwatch,
Pretty cool and wet but very welcome. Heading to the fishing grounds in a little over two weeks. Smile
Izzie

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 05:48 pm
@Dutchy,
Ack TC - 3 ft STILL! Yep, had a few cuppas today- major storm headed thru … darn… no choccie digestives - but I did get a bar of Cadburys Milk……. And……. IT’S ALL GONE. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hope you’re warmer tomorrow gal and my river goes down.

Huge yay for DadPad rain and BEAgles - not sure if Indeedee has got some - hoping like heck she has.

BEAgle - glad all was good today - oh my - up a ladder doing gutters. You be careful. Know you believe you were a Koala and now and Eagle - but hey….. You’re human. Take care love. And off to PL shortly - that’ll be good - you’ll see all the changes M&K have made - new starts and going great tons. Good on them, pleased you’ll be going up there. Send them my love for sure.

Ahhhh mis…. Did you know our lmur - he’s a cheeky paddy fella and a great giggle (despite winning the match! - he frequent the Lovatts and Crossword threads and we muck about there a bit with Monsiuer Francis. He knows next time the English Rose will whip him - we just have to make sure he doesn’t enjoy it too much.Smile

Missy - your immune system is shot to heck right now - have you tried Zinc…. I know you had a thread going about taking some vitamins…. Was it folic B or something. I have Zinc and Vit C (when I remember - oh darling alex come back and remind me - I miss you). Maybe ask the pharamacist hunni and see what they reckon. Or get a blood test from the doc, maybe have a chat with them. Remember you are tired too from the weekend.

Sending you loads of WELLNESS from Izville. Love you sweet Dixie. X

Hye DjjD - how’s you mate? I took more pics today - left my "space" in my head and found some good peace behind the lens - siskins, dunnocks and nuthatchers. Friend brought his camera over - played with that for a bit. Nice points with his, sound classier than mine like a ssshzoom…. Whereas mine a ccccclickety click, but his doesn’t seem as easy to use as mine - tho prolly far better.

Stormy - you too with the same white stuff up there - sheesh - neverending there. Remember last you you did, what was is it... Easter Eggs...Rianbow... in the snow in all different colours. COOL! Hope the kids are doing good and daughter is enjoying college. Always nice to see ya gal.

Taken sleeping potion earlier - not getting enough sleep right now - taking it’s toll - lack of sleep - need to rectify. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JPB

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 05:55 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

I have caught yet another bug. Apparently my resistence is nil. I have been running fever since yesterday morning. I am so SICK of being SICK.

Ah, crap!

Sorry, mis. Feel better soon (and stay the heck out of that place)

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:56:50