"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 09:08 am
Hey Izzie, glad to hear the foot's a little better.
Brooke, you've got a lot on your plate, hope you're coping okay. Hugs to you and Noah.
ehBeth, did you say you wanted even more snow? I'm sure I have some I could spare Very Happy

Well, not only is it the weekend (my weekend off, too!) but it's the start of Mr. Fix-it's reading week so he's taking the day off before spending the rest of his "holiday" in the studio. He's popped down to the beer store for some Tuborg to celebrate -- should I be insulted?

(Waving to the rest of the crew!)

mismi

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 09:26 am
@Tai Chi,
I just got rid of all the boys - seriously - my only noise right now is Pistol's sighs as he sits at my feet and Biscuits flopping around here all legs and feet. For pete's sake it's like having a small horse in the house right now. I am looking forward to the settling down of my little black lab.

Izzie -- I too am thankful to hear those feets are feeling better. Hoping you will be off the pain meds soon. That lap top - I am technologically retarded (that's not PC is it? sorry) so I am no help. I am lucky to know how to use my cell phone - I am too young to be such a L7 weenie when it comes to technology - but I just don't care! I hope you figure it out soon Iz. ((Izzie))

T.C. all that snow up there...it is my boys dream. Maybe one day we will be able to go north and stay a bit and have it snow. I personally believe I am snow repellant though...seems to me wherever I go it refuses. Very frustrating!

OK - too much coffee this morning...I'm vibrating - better go work some of this off! Hugs to you all!

Missy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 09:50 am
@Tai Chi,
Tai Chi wrote:
more snow? I'm sure I have some I could spare Very Happy

I'm hoping for some freshshshshshsh stuff. Love that fresh fluffy stuff. Stale, day old snow, not so much.

Izzie, I did knit and knit and fell asleep on the sofa. Woke up to one of the dogs barking and telling me it was past his bedtime. Went to bed after a few efforts to get off the sofa. Did you know it's possible to fall asleep hanging half over the side of the sofa?

Sending love and hugs around the world by sea and song.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 10:44 am
and so it begins, 11 am, saturday

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/djjd1962/100_0543.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 10:45 am
@djjd62,
uh oh - better run out and buy some veggies quick
Izzie

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 11:16 am
@ehBeth,
Hey hey

I got my youngest pack pup laying soundo beside me............. he has zonked right out ...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1000158.jpg

'cept I can't move! HA!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh DjjD - the snow's a comin' - keep us pic posted.... hey... go make us a snowman a? Razz

I got me a little time to try and upload some boids over on the Boida's thead Smile
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 12:04 pm
A Noah update for all you sweet people that have kept him in your thoughts. He is responding WELL to the new meds. Everything is back to normal. Amazingly fast! They won't let him come home today, but the doctor said maybe Monday. They want a few more days of observation to make sure that he continues to do well.

Your snow pic looks like Findlay this morning, DJ. Having a little break from it, but it's about to start up again by the looks of the radar. I don't think we're gonna get as much as you, though. I did some shopping this morning and it was snowing and blowing like mad.

Cute lil' sleepin' guy, ya got there, Miss Izz! Very Happy

My puppy dog has been a little brat this morning. Normally when I get ready in the mornings, he will just follow me into the bathroom and lay down and watch me. This morning he decided he was going to sit there and bark at me, instead. I usually don't blow dry my hair unless it's a school day, and it's cold out. Otherwise I let it dry on it's own. Well, I needed to go out early and get some shopping done so I could clear my day for other things. So...I start blow drying my hair. I use one of those round curling brushes that I can just wrap my hair around and curl it while I'm drying it. Otherwise the dryer flattens it too much. I bent over to let my hair fall forward and with the blow dryer in one hand and the brush in the other, my dog grabs the brush out my hand and takes off. (If I had already wrapped my hair around it, he would have taken my head with him!) I said "D - O - G ..you come back here with my brush, you little hellion!" Did he come? Oh no! Just as I started to go look for him, here he comes. No brush. He hid it. And I can't find it. No where! He sat his little butt down and just looked at me with the biggest doggie smile/laugh ya ever wanna see. I have NO clue where he hid it at. And he's NOT about to show me! Dogs are too smart for their own good sometimes. I seriously think that he knew it was my day to be home with him and when I got the hair dryer out...he thought I was going to school and he was having NO part of that!
Ahhh well! Drunk I've got till Monday to track it down, or it's out to buy a new one.

Have a safe weekend, everyone. Enjoy your snow Beth and Dj!

And thank everyone for the prayers and posi-vibes for little Noah. They sure worked!

Crew ....you're the best!

mismi

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 12:09 pm
@JustBrooke,
so glad to hear it Brooke - hope you find the brush...those doggies - you gotta love 'em!

I wish I was asleep on the couch...he is a cutie petootie Iz
Izzie

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 12:23 pm
@mismi,
Such good news about BabyNoah - he's a strong brave wee fella - got some of his Aunty's strength and "never give up" attitude methinks... Wink so pleased Babbling... <big smile thissa side of the pond> You going out tonite Brooklyn??????? spend a little time with some girlfriends?

now............ do ya reckon D.O.G. has been on the interbarknet and taking lessons from this one a? Shocked

http://www.dog-pictures.co.uk/images/06.07.02%20Yaz%20with%20my%20hairbrush.jpg

Missy - Dixie - how's you today? Feeling a wee bit better or still up 'n down.

Hugs girlies.... big hugs. x
djjd62

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 01:18 pm
3 hours later, no more grass

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/djjd1962/100_0544.jpg

brooke & mismi - aren't dogs great Very Happy

snow falling quietly, shouldn't wake any sleeping crew
JustBrooke

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 01:19 pm
@Izzie,
Thank you Izz and Missy. Noah is a little trooper, that's for sure.

That pic is too funny! Laughing Dogs sure can be mischievous!

Izz .... Gonna do something way better tonight! Like in ....going to the hospital to have sum' Noah cuddlin'!

As for now....doing some research for the next report I have to get done. (while breakin' to peek in on A2K, of course) Wink
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 01:21 pm
@djjd62,
Hey there, dj! Good seein' ya! And yeppers...dogs are great! Most of the time! Wink

You already have more snow than I do. Thanks for keepin' the worst of it north of me. Razz
Izzie

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 01:33 pm
@JustBrooke,
yep Babblin' - NoahSmunching... Razz give him a smunch from AuntyIz please and much love to Kimmie and Rob too. Glad the snow isn't too bad your way....drive careful gal!

Dj - you expecting more...
JustBrooke

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 02:14 pm
@Izzie,
Will do, Mizz Izz! Extra smoothes and cuddles will be goin' Noah's way!

Remember I said my curling brush was nowhere to be found? I found it! He stuck it in his doggie brothers bed! NOT his own, mind ya. But his brothers! Ohhh the little rascals!

Ok......I gotta get my head buried in my homwork so I can go see Noah this evening. So much to do ....so much to do! Gimme more time...gimme more time!

Later Taters..
xoxo

PS- Hey Tai ......it's always so good to see you. Hugs!
ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 02:26 pm
@JustBrooke,
Back from the grocery expedition. Things were desperate - no onions, potatoes or mushrooms! that's an emergency in my eyes (onions and mushrooms) and Set's (taters). Also picked up some gorgeous little peppers, Empire apples, coleslaw mix to try mac11's inside-out eggroll casserole recipe, lots of cut-up veggies/yogurt and oatmeal to take to work for breakfast/snacks. I feel like we can ride out any storm now.

Oh, and tanked up the car at the beginning of the trip so I'm ready for the week.

Glad to hear that Noah's doing better and that Miss Brooke found her brush. Can't be going to snuggle Noah with flat hair! he's a special man - need to look extra sweet for him Wink
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 02:31 pm
@Izzie,
expecting about 10 cm/4 in when all is said and done, not a huge amount, but it's wind, so it blows around and drifts
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 02:39 pm
@djjd62,
When we used to live in Kansas, a 4-inch snow could produce 6-ft drifts easily, but then snow rarely fell from the sky to the ground there but was more of a horizontal affair. We often thought that it didn't ever actually snow in Kansas and the reason there wasn't more snow in Eastern Colorado or Western Nebraska is because most of their snow blew into Kansas before it hit the ground. Not sure if a scientific study was ever done about that though.

Right now I'm envying DJ's snow. The sun is shining, it's 58 deg farenheit, and no precip in the forecast for at least the next week. We've had almost no winter at all and we need some.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 02:42 pm
@djjd62,
We've got the forecast. Of course, we never got rid of the earlier piles of snow so there'll be some nice heaps developing.
djjd62

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 02:45 pm
@ehBeth,
our snow before this was all gone, and there predicting above freezing and rain by wednesday, so this won't last long if that's the case
Dutchy

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 04:05 pm
@djjd62,
Morning, a nice quiet Sunday morning here. Nice to wake up and read baby Noah is doing fine, great news Brooke.

Bless S-boy Izzie, bet he won't like his sleepy head on these pages, better not show him. Rainbow foot improving?

Nice pictures djjd, you capture the scene well, we're just the opposite, a sunburnt yellow landscape!

Why the shortage of groceries ehBeth, do you live isolated?

Have a lovely weekend crew.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 08:01:23